ADVERTISEMENT

Stop Attacking FSU

colleges continuing to extend their HC to ridiculous long term huge contracts after 1 great season is such a dumb strategy. and schools continue to do it. i remember ND doing it with that fat dude about 10 years ago, Weis i think. dude had a good year when he was given a senior dominated team from the previous coach and they offer him a huge contract.

why not just wait another year? Now fsu is stuck with norvell and will have to think about buying him out in a year or two if he doesnt turn it around..

colleges continuing to extend their HC to ridiculous long term huge contracts after 1 great season is such a dumb strategy. and schools continue to do it. i remember ND doing it with that fat dude about 10 years ago, Weis i think. dude had a good year when he was given a senior dominated team from the previous coach and they offer him a huge contract.

why not just wait another year? Now fsu is stuck with norvell and will have to think about buying him out in a year or two if he doesnt turn it around..

Yeah, it's weird. You could have five mediocre seasons, but the second you have one good/great season it's like all that is forgotten and you strike gold.

*Cough* Pat Narduzzi through 2030 *cough, cough*

But I guess I see the other side of it, too. Fans are over-reactionary, and the admin doesn't want to look bad in their eyes. There were people on this board begging to give Narduzzi a lifetime contract/more money after 2021. It just felt like they were saying, "I'm really happy, and I need to see something tangible happen that runs congruent to my happiness!" People are like that, I guess. Hence, why we'll see new laws after the media takes one outlier story and runs with it. "What, an old grandmother slipped on ice in a parking lot?!?!?! Class A Felony if an establishment doesn't plow/salt their lots from now on!!!!!!!!!!!" People haven't changed much from the days of human sacrifices, burning witches, etc. They're generally dumb as hell and become even dumber within the context of societal groupthink.

We had a 3-9 season last year and we were awful. We beat the worst D1 team amd now we're pounding our chests?

We have zero right to...nah, screw those clowns. I hope they lose every game for all of eternity. Keep piling on!

Are you kidding me? FSU is must-watch TV for me. I have a legit 2nd favorite team I root for. Its not even whoever plays PSU or WVU because I dont watch those teams, really. But I watched every second of FSU/BC because whoever plays FSU is my 2nd favorite team. I cant get enough of it. I was disappointed to learn their game vs Memphis isnt until next week.

Its a complete trainwreck. All of it. The fanbase is beyond delusional. The administration and board of trustees is comprised of Warchant posters and that's not even an exaggeration as they have talked openly about the message boards in their YouTube Live BOT meetings. A prior administration signed a TV deal and instead of honoring it, they are saying its an illegal deal not because they are some beacon of truth, but because they want to join the Big Ten or SEC. Its why I say this isnt a nation of laws, its a nation of judges. Enter into a contract that you dont like a few years later, go find a judge to tell them the contract isnt valid. Doesn't matter you knew what you signed.

Then they get left out of the playoff because they stupidly played their quarterback against a bad FCS team. He gets hurt and then they throw in someone off the cheer team who cant throw a forward pass and they wonder why the committee thinks Bama, who would have been a 2 TD favorite, is better. Everyone transfers or opts out and they go and lose by the biggest margin in bowl history. Its all just so good.

Then, they sign a QB to a 7 figure deal who was beyond awful at Clemson but had a decent year out west. And he has looked as bad or worse than Phil. Soon FSU will be paying $1 million plus for their backup QB as the team strives for 6-6 and a Birmingham Bowl matchup vs South Alabama. Its glorious.

Are you kidding me? FSU is must-watch TV for me. I have a legit 2nd favorite team I root for. Its not even whoever plays PSU or WVU because I dont watch those teams, really. But I watched every second of FSU/BC because whoever plays FSU is my 2nd favorite team. I cant get enough of it. I was disappointed to learn their game vs Memphis isnt until next week.

Its a complete trainwreck. All of it. The fanbase is beyond delusional. The administration and board of trustees is comprised of Warchant posters and that's not even an exaggeration as they have talked openly about the message boards in their YouTube Live BOT meetings. A prior administration signed a TV deal and instead of honoring it, they are saying its an illegal deal not because they are some beacon of truth, but because they want to join the Big Ten or SEC. Its why I say this isnt a nation of laws, its a nation of judges. Enter into a contract that you dont like a few years later, go find a judge to tell them the contract isnt valid. Doesn't matter you knew what you signed.

Then they get left out of the playoff because they stupidly played their quarterback against a bad FCS team. He gets hurt and then they throw in someone off the cheer team who cant throw a forward pass and they wonder why the committee thinks Bama, who would have been a 2 TD favorite, is better. Everyone transfers or opts out and they go and lose by the biggest margin in bowl history. Its all just so good.

Then, they sign a QB to a 7 figure deal who was beyond awful at Clemson but had a decent year out west. And he has looked as bad or worse than Phil. Soon FSU will be paying $1 million plus for their backup QB as the team strives for 6-6 and a Birmingham Bowl matchup vs South Alabama. Its glorious.
Ummmm

Reactions: pittizit
Clam up, bucky and grow a pair…. If your IQ got any lower, it'd be legal to harvest your organs….

Nobody’s pounding their chest about beating Kent State and finishing 3-9 last year…. And even if they did, so what? It’s a Pitt message board…

Go be stupid somewhere else….
Got another one! Lol

Wasnt the point of the OP, but unreal how many people aren't reading the entire post.

Take note at the knee-jerk reaction group and weigh their future responses accordingly.

no-yes.gif

Reactions: buckage
I still root for FL ST to win all their ooc games. However, with the way they've talked down the conference, I can understand why people don't have much sympathy when they lose to other ACC teams.

I think it behooves us when every team in our conference wins those OOC matches. It's also beneficial when our opponents win.

In FL ST's case, they're not on our schedule, but they'll still be competing for a spot in the ACC championship. I'd rather face someone other than them in that game. Wishful thinking, I know!

I still root for FL ST to win all their ooc games. However, with the way they've talked down the conference, I can understand why people don't have much sympathy when they lose to other ACC teams.

I think it behooves us when every team in our conference wins those OOC matches. It's also beneficial when our opponents win.

In FL ST's case, they're not on our schedule, but they'll still be competing for a spot in the ACC championship. I'd rather face someone other than them in that game. Wishful thinking, I know!

ACC is doomed either way. It's best just to root for FSU, Clemson, etc. to lose every game at this point.

ACC is doomed either way. It's best just to root for FSU, Clemson, etc. to lose every game at this point.

Yep. They gone. Just hoping its not until 2036 so it buys us some time.

And FWIW, I am still in favor of giving them, Clemson, and UNC the money they need to stay until 2036. Whether they suck or not doesn't really matter because they are a brand.

Yeah, it's weird. You could have five mediocre seasons, but the second you have one good/great season it's like all that is forgotten and you strike gold.

*Cough* Pat Narduzzi through 2030 *cough, cough*

But I guess I see the other side of it, too. Fans are over-reactionary, and the admin doesn't want to look bad in their eyes. There were people on this board begging to give Narduzzi a lifetime contract/more money after 2021. It just felt like they were saying, "I'm really happy, and I need to see something tangible happen that runs congruent to my happiness!" People are like that, I guess. Hence, why we'll see new laws after the media takes one outlier story and runs with it. "What, an old grandmother slipped on ice in a parking lot?!?!?! Class A Felony if an establishment doesn't plow/salt their lots from now on!!!!!!!!!!!" People haven't changed much from the days of human sacrifices, burning witches, etc. They're generally dumb as hell and become even dumber within the context of societal groupthink.
Future generations will look back at football the way we look at Gladiator fights. Meanwhile they will have replaced it with a different spectacle of skillful violence.

Kudos to the OP. Well done!
You had me fired up and then I laughed so hard some coffee came out my nose.
So fun to watch FSU implode.
Punitive damages should be that the FSU BOT has to watch those two games in their entirety at the start of every meeting.

Kudos to the OP. Well done!
You had me fired up and then I laughed so hard some coffee came out my nose.
So fun to watch FSU implode.
Punitive damages should be that the FSU BOT has to watch those two games in their entirety at the start of every meeting.

Even better would be to have their BOT do a live gamewatch feed. Watching them watch football would be just as good of TV as watching Taylor Swift watch football.

Reactions: USN_Panther
Didn't read your last sentence. Good one!

I cant even tell you how much fun it is to see Florida State lose. They remind me so much of Penn State except Penn State is competent at football. FSU has all the smugness but without being good at the sport.
I'm assuming your PSU/FSU timeline comparison started 2 weeks ago, because the last 35 years or so, generally speaking, FSU's program has been far superior to PSU's.

I'm assuming your PSU/FSU timeline comparison started 2 weeks ago, because the last 35 years or so, generally speaking, FSU's program has been far superior to PSU's.

FSU has been junk at football for 20 years.....with 2 undefeated seasons somehow mixed in.

Reactions: 303vND
FSU has been junk at football for 20 years.....with 2 undefeated seasons somehow mixed in.
6 Top 10 finishes in the last 20 years.
12 of the last 20 years finished in the Top 25.
8 seasons with 10 or more wins in the last 20 years.
5 ACC Championships & 1 Natty in the last 20 years.

They have certainly had some junk seasons mixed in there, but I'd still sign up for these results at Pitt through 2044.

They have certainly had some junk seasons mixed in there, but I'd still sign up for these results at Pitt through 2044.

For a blue bloodish-type, playing a weak schedule every year, those numbers are junk.

• Haha
Reactions: TD_6082

30-30 now in their last 60 ACC games. Recency matters. If the ACC is as bad as some keep insisting, they have hardly been what they seem to self-proclaim and think they are.

You can sign me up for a Pitt - Florida State ACC Championship game right now!

It was Charlie Weis and it was 2005.

He had gone 5-2 the first part of his first year and AD Kevin White gave him a ten year contract extension.

White didn't last long at ND after that and became the AD at Duke.

Doesn't matter. They

They are just going to spend like crazy in the portal to upgrade their talent at QB & several other positions next year.

Will they upgrade their coach also? Other teams will also upgrade their talent.

We had a 3-9 season last year and we were awful. We beat the worst D1 team amd now we're pounding our chests?

We have zero right to...nah, screw those clowns. I hope they lose every game for all of eternity. Keep piling on!
It’s not about Pitt. A team suing the ACC because it’s too good for our conference is getting its comeuppance. I. Love. It.

Reactions: PittMan 72
Read their player payroll is $12 million. You think fans and boosters were hard on coaches before. Imagine how hard they are going to be on coaches when they are directly paying the player salaries and they arent winning.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT