ADVERTISEMENT

Sun Bowl Director says Pitt or Duke vs Oregon St or UCLA

America needs another Pitt/Oregon St game
I'd love to see a Pitt - UCLA game. It would be fun to see the difference between the fast paced, attacking style of offense that UCLA plays with under Chip Kelly and the Pitt offense.

No Izzy. No Kancey. Probably no Baldonado. Probably no Slovis.

I think we are going to the Sun Bowl, but I'd much rather play an AAC team in the Military Bowl. I'm all about facing better competition when we're not putting our JV team out on the field.

I'd love to see a Pitt - UCLA game. It would be fun to see the difference between the fast paced, attacking style of offense that UCLA plays with under Chip Kelly and the Pitt offense.

I think we are going to the Sun Bowl, but I'd much rather play an AAC team in the Military Bowl. I'm all about facing better competition when we're not putting our JV team out on the field.
Agree- this would have been a really fun matchup if the real teams were playing and healthy. Like the poster said above though, Pitt will be playing without their best offensive and defensive player, potentially a QB, and a few other guys. Depending on who sits out for UCLA, this could end up being an ugly matchup. It's just ashame because these would be fun games if all these players didnt opt out (and I understand why they do).

It will affect both teams for sure. DTR may have played in UCLA’s bowl game if it was the Las Vegas Bowl in his hometown, but I expect he will opt out of the Sun Bowl. Huge drop off from him to their backup QB.

It will affect both teams for sure. DTR may have played in UCLA’s bowl game if it was the Las Vegas Bowl in his hometown, but I expect he will opt out of the Sun Bowl. Huge drop off from him to their backup QB.
That would be huge if he opts out

I would have went to the Holiday or Gator. Traditional bowl games in good locations but mothereffing NC State, man. I hate that program. Couldnt they just stay home in Charlotte? Could have had 50K of their fans there. Instead they're going to the Gator for the 3rd time in 5 years. Come on man.

And for those of you who thought Pitt changed its fan travel reputation. Like I always say, no southern bowl game will EVER take Pitt if there is a southern ACC team available besides Duke and Wake

Agree- this would have been a really fun matchup if the real teams were playing and healthy. Like the poster said above though, Pitt will be playing without their best offensive and defensive player, potentially a QB, and a few other guys. Depending on who sits out for UCLA, this could end up being an ugly matchup. It's just ashame because these would be fun games if all these players didnt opt out (and I understand why they do).

I'm hoping bowls will meet their demise once the playoff era begins. I mean, I like watching them. But the problem is players/teams treat them as exhibitions although final rankings aren't done until after the bowls. I know some people don't care about being ranked #23 versus not but it does matter in the scheme of things.

Reactions: Mufasa94
I'm hoping bowls will meet their demise once the playoff era begins. I mean, I like watching them. But the problem is players/teams treat them as exhibitions although final rankings aren't done until after the bowls. I know some people don't care about being ranked #23 versus not but it does matter in the scheme of things.
How does it matter? The only ranking that matters is the CFP top 4 that came out today.

They also should no longer be counted in W-L or season stats. It was probably always foolish that they ever were but especially now.

These exhibition games will give us a look at some of the guys we might see playing next year without some of the starters. That's their purpose now, and a reward for the team and coaches. Unless you're one of the final 4 in the CFP, these games are just fun exhibition games.

How does it matter? The only ranking that matters is the CFP top 4 that came out today.
It's also a perception thing. Those teams who are ranked at the end of one year have a better chance of being ranked to start the next.

Those in the top 25 get all of the air play before the season. So it does matter to hear Pitt's name talked about.

Perception is reality in a lot of ways.

It's also a perception thing. Those teams who are ranked at the end of one year have a better chance of being ranked to start the next.

Those in the top 25 get all of the air play before the season. So it does matter to hear Pitt's name talked about.

Perception is reality in a lot of ways.

Especially in college football. How else do you explain O$U not playing in a conference championship, losing its last game by over 20 points at home, and still be "selected" for the playoffs.

Top 25 is first on the ESPN crawl, and as you said gives you juice heading in to the next years rankings.

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
They can get a few more things or demons off the schneid for me.
Its not the end of the world , but there something to gain from it sans the ding dongs on here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT