ADVERTISEMENT

Sun bowl vs UCLA official

Solid matchup if Slovis and DTR play, not expecting to see that unfortunately.

Going to be tough without our 2 best players unless UCLA has their top players opt out.

Post season exhibition, always want to see a major conference team. Good stuff, and won't be in the ice.

Ok...well this is interesting. The sun bowl pushes back their announcement for an hour.

Also mcmurphy hinting at some shuffling.

Hate the venue, but given my son is a junior at UCLA should be fun. Well known on here for holding up the Kenny 4 Heisman sign at game day last year and trolling Jordan Addison before the USC/UCLA game.

Analyses of winning?

Depends on which of our defenses show up! Charbonnet is a beast of a runner - and may be better than Izzy IMO. DTR is elusive runner who is dangerous to break out of the pocket and makes things happen with his legs. His arm is mediocre and accuracy can be poor and hence 50% of the pass game has been bubble screens. Bobo is a dangerous tight end and a big target.

Their defense plays alot of 'bend but don't break' mentality - but i have seen firsthand (3 games this year) the likes of South Alabama and Arizona push that defensive line around. Truth be told, their record is better than it should be and they should have lost one or two more than they did.

if our D shows up? 38-24 Pitt.

Always liked the date is typically close to New Years. Most everyone will be off.
Would have been a cool game too, if not for all the likely to come and already announced opt outs. Ridiculous…

Hate the venue, but given my son is a junior at UCLA should be fun. Well known on here for holding up the Kenny 4 Heisman sign at game day last year and trolling Jordan Addison before the USC/UCLA game.

Analyses of winning?

Depends on which of our defenses show up! Charbonnet is a beast of a runner - and may be better than Izzy IMO. DTR is elusive runner who is dangerous to break out of the pocket and makes things happen with his legs. His arm is mediocre and accuracy can be poor and hence 50% of the pass game has been bubble screens. Bobo is a dangerous tight end and a big target.

Their defense plays alot of 'bend but don't break' mentality - but i have seen firsthand (3 games this year) the likes of South Alabama and Arizona push that defensive line around. Truth be told, their record is better than it should be and they should have lost one or two more than they did.

Would enjoying seeing all 3 of those UCLA guys play, but would not be shocked if they all opt out to be honest.

Analyses of winning?

But DOES DYR play or opt out

Stand back. SMF is red hot with his picks. That NC State hoops pick still hasn’t cooled down 😂
Or his pick of Akron over the College Cup bound, Pitt Panthers Men's Soccer Team.

Or his...

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
So SMF is Andrew Filaponi?
Ha! Don’t think that thought hasn’t gone through my mind too. But here’s the thing, how did Poni parlay that into a a national gig with fan duel or draft kings or one of the betting sites?

Post season exhibition, always want to see a major conference team. Good stuff, and won't be in the ice.
Not so fast my friend..

I've also seen snow on the ground for the game before

Not so fast my friend..

I've also seen snow on the ground for the game before
That's what I was saying on another post.

El Paso does a great job hosting the game. The weather is the only major variable…

It can be warm & sunny (1975 Pitt vs Kansas)

It can be icy and cold (1989 Pitt vs Texas A&M)

It can be windy as hell (2008 Pitt vs Oregon St)

Or it can be cool and pleasant (2018 Pitt vs Stanford)

Pack for all 4 seasons if you're going...

Reactions: BFo8

Analyses of winning?

I see very little chance that our offense scores 38. Of course SMF predicts only 6, which is also highly unlikely. Given there will be opt outs on each side, I look for a close game and a score in the range of 27-24. I will say UCLA pulls it out only because we don't win bowl games under Coach Narduzzi.

ADVERTISEMENT