ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday AM Thoughts

Aug 2, 2019
The missed field goal and then the strange kneel down by two Cincy players allowing a field goal at end of first half was big.

Did anyone else think the Cincy left defensive end jumped off sides on our two-point conversion?

Big drop off when Reid is off the field.

I have trouble naming "analysts" who add much to a college game telecast. Many are so bad I turn the sound off.

Enjoyed seeing Colorado get dusted.

The placement of the ball short of the sticks on that last Northern Illinois seemed quite poor. I was glad that didn't cost NI the game.

I think we will find out a lot about this Pitt team this week. They are 2-0, but have not played consistently. Reid alone bailed them out yesterday with his plays. Better step it up against the Mountaineers.

—Couldn’t tell if he was off-sides, but he seemed to be past Baer before he even got out of his stance…

—Pitt always seems so reluctant to use Daniel Carter - unless it’s a spring game.

—Will Battle get better with game experience or does Duzz need to try one of the younger, quicker corners?

—So good to see Pitt receivers running wide open on some plays. Thank you Coach Bell.

Go Pitt.

—Couldn’t tell if he was off-sides, but he seemed to be past Baer before he even got out of his stance…

—Pitt always seems so reluctant to use Daniel Carter - unless it’s a spring game.

—Will Battle get better with game experience or does Duzz need to try one of the younger, quicker corners?

—So good to see Pitt receivers running wide open on some plays. Thank you Coach Bell.

Go Pitt.

Don't get the Daniel Carter thing. I think fans used to think he was better than he was, but last year he genuinely looked like a different back. In the first three games, he had 21 carries for 103 yards. Then he barely touched the ball the rest of the season. Don't get it. He passes the eye test way more than Davis does, but that's just my opinion.

The pace is really what stood out.

Cincinnati is largely a G5 school and lost a couple of DL and then had their stud just back from blood clots. So they basically had no DL.

For a while that held up okay. But by the second half, they were done. And then everything became easy.

That’s one of the primary reasons you run pace.

Cincinnati is probably the worst P4 team on the schedule. So you can’t really count on the pace winning to *that* degree the rest of the way. The other teams are legit P4 teams.

But it’s nice to see such proof of concept.

I watched the Colorado game to see the Dion Shaduer spectacle as well as the Pitt guys

What i came away with is Nebraska is good. Their schedule was made by a pastry chef, and they will be in the playoff conversation for much of the season.

I watched the Colorado game to see the Dion Shaduer spectacle as well as the Pitt guys

What i came away with is Nebraska is good. Their schedule was made by a pastry chef, and they will be in the playoff conversation for much of the season.
What did you think of the coaching from Colorado?

I thought it was impressive that Eli was able to get the offense in gear and pull that game out. That just doesn't happen for Pitt.

I also think how lucky we are to have Ben Saul's as our kicker. I was extremely confident he would hit the game winner.

ND was given numerous breaks by the refs to give them a chance against NIU. Not the least of which was the poor spot that should have been a 1st down, and then saving them a timeout they should have had to burn.

I rewound our two point play a couple times, the Cincy player timed the snap count with a running start and did not appear to be offside.

Nice to see the arrogant Sanders' taking their lumps in Colorado. The Dion experiment will likely be over in another year or two..

I also enjoyed our state pedophile university struggling with Bowling Green. The whiners are calling for the milk-dud's head already. The only thing that could have made yesterday better would have been them losing.

Sanders is a horrible game day coach, I see nothing to show he’s improved from last season. The Cristobal type move at the end of the NDSU game is all I needed to see.
I think the development of players is also an issue. These guys better enjoy the NIL because they are reducing their future opportunities with poor development.

Reactions: Saboteur II
I don’t think they’ll have to. After a 4-8 type season and his son’s leaving I think there’s a good chance Sanders moves on after the year is over.
I think that is almost certain. But these kids should be thinking a mix of good position coaching and money rather than just money

These guys are sooooo missed by Pitt. LOL

If you are going to laugh at those guys (and sure, they went to Colorado, so why not?), then it might also be relevant to point out what Pitt's starting defensive tackles did yesterday by way of comparison.

And that would be a combined 1 solo tackle, 1 assisted tackle, 0 sacks, 0 TFLs and 0 QB pressures.

Defensive line is one area that this team needs to improve. And fast. Unfortunately, that might not really be possible.

If you are going to laugh at those guys (and sure, they went to Colorado, so why not?), then it might also be relevant to point out what Pitt's starting defensive tackles did yesterday by way of comparison.

And that would be a combined 1 solo tackle, 1 assisted tackle, 0 sacks, 0 TFLs and 0 QB pressures.

Defensive line is one area that this team needs to improve. And fast. Unfortunately, that might not really be possible.
Not necessary to compare. Those guys didn’t leave and their new coach didn’t make a comment about them being so prepared to play for their new coach.

Not necessary to compare. Those guys didn’t leave and their new coach didn’t make a comment about them being so prepared to play for their new coach.

If someone is going to laugh at them and say that we don't need them, they've already made the comparison to what we still have. I just pointed out what the actual comparison was.

The missed field goal and then the strange kneel down by two Cincy players allowing a field goal at end of first half was big.

Did anyone else think the Cincy left defensive end jumped off sides on our two-point conversion?

I have trouble naming "analysts" who add much to a college game telecast. Many are so bad I turn the sound off.

The placement of the ball short of the sticks on that last Northern Illinois seemed quite poor. I was glad that didn't cost NI the game.

I think we will find out a lot about this Pitt team this week. They are 2-0, but have not played consistently. Reid alone bailed them out yesterday with his plays. Better step it up against the Mountaineers.
Mumpfield wasn’t bad either and face facts, while UC calling 3 straight passes was odd, each of those plays were very well defended by us.
I was very harsh on the players and coaches for the first 30 minutes. Rightfully so. But the 2nd half was more a result of our good play than UCs bad play.
I love winning games like this and when we got the ball back I knew we were going to win.
ND won only for years and built a dynasty off it. Time we had a slice of that pie.

He said that they weren't missed. Isn't that the same thing? (Hint, it is.)

If you have something and you lose it, you don't say, hey, that's OK, I really needed that thing by I don't miss it at all.
Ok, one guy said something vaguely like this. Maybe it is better if you calm down a bit.

You compared defensive ends to defensive tackles. Pitt's defensive ends had sacks yesterday.

Reactions: NCPitt

Every game is televised somewhere so just having analysts that aren’t still students is almost a win. But yeah, aside from the top team at each network, there isn’t much talent. Not sure why they can’t do much better. Unless the pay is just that bad.

These 2 aren't tackles. Without looking at the stats, I know that each of our DEs had at least 1 sack apiece yesterday.

He said that they weren't missed. Isn't that the same thing? (Hint, it is.)

If you have something and you lose it, you don't say, hey, that's OK, I really needed that thing by I don't miss it at all.
Actually, it isn't the same thing. You're projecting or something.

Sam O has been invisible. Hayes has been Hayes like. Lots of season left But I think they both would be getting more PT and opportunities here I can see Sam O transferring again.

Deshields is the kid who made a huge mistake so far. Didn’t see the field against ND

Kamara had a decent game against UK

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT