rhyno527

Sophomore
Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
blair gone
whitehead and wirginis get 3 games each
bookser 1 game.

Could be an ugly September boys

Absolutely unacceptable for whitehead to be in this situation. A kid that talented should be a leader on defense and after the injury should've been 100% focused to get back this season. Don't even need to know what he did, to get multiple games, absolutely disgusted.

What are you gonna do though, I have no problem with the actual decision by narduzzi. If the kid did something wrong that deserves that long of a suspension, bravo for holding him accountable. Kids will never learn if you let him off the hook because he's too valuable to the team. Why does this happen every single season when camp starts? Unreal.

Can only shudder and shake the head at what the other guys did that warranted worse than Bookser. Unless it was merely they have had multiple strikes.

SOP strikes again

Reactions: cbpitt2
just when we thought "pitting" was dead...woof

hopefully paris is ready to go

Sorry...my feeble brain's not processing your post.
Can you give me a better explanation? Thanks.
I think he's saying since they're team conduct violations, the length of suspension was already in place. There was no decision like the Bookser case.

Reactions: bwh05
Sorry...my feeble brain's not processing your post.
Can you give me a better explanation? Thanks.
The NCAA requires schools to follow their own drug testing policy. So for example if Pitt's drug policy calls for 3 game suspension for a failed drug test they must be suspended for 3 games. The coaches and school have no discretion in altering the penalty.

This thread HAS TO BE POLICED!!

There are lots of pedos on speculating some pretty awful things.

No one has info, the penalties are super severe, I honestly cant believe it, but, that being said, kuddos to this staff for taking a stand, unlike most any other team in America

The NCAA requires schools to follow their own drug testing policy. So for example if Pitt's drug policy calls for 3 game suspension for a failed drug test they must be suspended for 3 games. The coaches and school have no discretion in altering the penalty.
Pitt has very strict policies. Most schools these kids would be playing and nobody would even hear rumors of this. But they know what the deal is, period. Completely unacceptable to let all your teammates down like this.

This thread HAS TO BE POLICED!!

There are lots of pedos on speculating some pretty awful things.

No one has info, the penalties are super severe, I honestly cant believe it, but, that being said, kuddos to this staff for taking a stand, unlike most any other team in America
Still think Pitt beats PSU.

Franklin is a used car salesman and will never have PSU above a 7-5, 8-4 program.

Duzz can coach 'em up and Franklin can't.

Curious what Whitehead and Wirginis did that was thee times worse than Bookser's little stunt.
I don't care what they did, it was not worse than what bookser did. Like mentioned above, it sounds like they were suspended because of pitt policies in place. In all honesty compared to just about anything that could've gotten them three games, bookser's suspension was unbelievably lenient, Christmas gift like.

From what I've read on Twitter, it sounds like Blair committed a repeater offense of whatever he did last time and that's what did him in. Same for Whitehead, which is why the suspension may be at three games. No idea about Wirginis.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
What a bunch of dummies. It's hard enough for me to find the ability to care about the NFL anymore, and things like this are why college football is close behind. It's sad in a way, because I used to be as rabid a fan as they come (Paco will attest to that).

On another note, had my daughter and her team at some Pitt Softball games this year. Every Pitt player they interacted with thanked them profusely for even coming to see them, then were off to get ready for finals. I remember thinking how odd an experience that seemed - compared to NCAA football which is in all honesty, just a minor league for the NFL. Good job, guys.

I'll be at Star Wars night this year because the kids want to go. I'm sure I'll be at the Miami game just out of tradition. Beyond that - hell, if they don't care why should I?

Still think Pitt beats PSU.

Franklin is a used car salesman and will never have PSU above a 7-5, 8-4 program.

Duzz can coach 'em up and Franklin can't.

When did I say I think Pitt will beat Penn State?

And yes, I think Narduzzi is way better of a coach than Franklin. Why on earth would Pitt suspending players make that statement not applicable? If anything I am 10 times more proud of Pitt.

When did I say I think Pitt will beat Penn State?

And yes, I think Narduzzi is way better of a coach than Franklin. Why on earth would Pitt suspending players make that statement not applicable? If anything I am 10 times more proud of Pitt.
I am saying that Pitt will beat PSU because the head coach is a used car salesman.

I don't care what they did, it was not worse than what bookser did. Like mentioned above, it sounds like they were suspended because of pitt policies in place. In all honesty compared to just about anything that could've gotten them three games, bookser's suspension was unbelievably lenient, Christmas gift like.
What you and others keep missing is that Pitt is not the entire judge and jury system on everything these players do. Bookser faces criminal charges for what he did. The legal system will deal with him, and it will issue his punishment. He isn't getting lenient treatment.
The others apparently broke team rules, and as far as we know, are not in any legal trouble. In any event, it makes no sense to compare suspensions by the program for breaking team rules versus doing what Bookser did.

Reactions: PITTLAW
I guess I should not be surprised, but every time something like this comes up, it blows my mind. How could guys like Wirginis (who has waited for his chance for years) completely blow the opportunity? How could Whitehead jeopardize his draft status, costing himself millions? I realize these guys are youngsters, but jeez, use your freakin cranium once in a while.

Cruzer

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT