ADVERTISEMENT

Suspensions

Pitt has very strict policies. Most schools these kids would be playing and nobody would even hear rumors of this. But they know what the deal is, period. Completely unacceptable to let all your teammates down like this.

Probably a lot schools are even providing it for them!

What you and others keep missing is that Pitt is not the entire judge and jury system on everything these players do. Bookser faces criminal charges for what he did. The legal system will deal with him, and it will issue his punishment. He isn't getting lenient treatment.
The others apparently broke team rules, and as far as we know, are not in any legal trouble. In any event, it makes no sense to compare suspensions by the program for breaking team rules versus doing what Bookser did.
I understand team policies are why the others got what they did. Maybe I am missing some
Point about bookser, but getting into that kind of trouble, is that not breaking a team rule? That's all I'm trying to figure out as when I heard what kind of trouble he got in I almost expected him to get booted.

You have zero input on it. The staff has input, it has been discussed at lengths in the past. You are a moron
They do not with mandatory drug infractions. None whatsoever.

I wish the drug policy was changed and much, much more lenient, but whatever is in place is mandatory and HCPN can't make a different decision or punishment.

Reactions: bobfree
They arent suspended for failing a drug test., its also much worse than Bookser. I won't post it on a public board but Wirginis went to my high school and these rumors of these allegations have been out there for a month or so.

Some of you are real drama queens. Every year teams deal with players being out for whatever reason.

Blair - He disappeared for quite a few games and was going to be a backup.

Wirginis - How many games has he started?

Whitehead - The only guy that is a loss. He missed about half the Clemson game as well as the rest of the games last season. The guy that we saw last year was a disappointment compared to his Fr. Year.

Bookser - He will not miss any D1 games.

I wasn't aware that Bookser's football punishment had been announced. How are you guys sure that he will only get a one game suspension?

They arent suspended for failing a drug test., its also much worse than Bookser. I won't post it on a public board but Wirginis went to my high school and these rumors of these allegations have been out there for a month or so.
You won't post it because everything in your post is completely false, you created an account 5 seconds ago to come here and try and get everyone rowed up by claiming you have "inside info". You really think you were going to fool anybody into believing you?

taking a stand ??? lol....alot of schools would have kicked bookser to the curb and what stand are they taking by bringing in Kam Carter? Thankfully penn state took a stand and sent him packing. It is only a matter of time before that ticking time bomb goes off.
Yep, penn State, they've sure been known to hand down severe punishments to players for years. This is absolutely hysterical. What is any remote problem with bringing in kam carter? Should he be sent to some remote island and locked up for the rest of his life? Pitt is giving him another chance, if he screws up and he gets kicked off the team or whatever, then so be it.

The difference is he was on penn State and screwed up that chance. Most kids that screw up get the boot from the school they're on, and most of them get another chance elsewhere. Should auburn have not given cam newton a chance because he got kicked off Florida?

It's just pure stupidity on the part of these players. They don't deserve to be in school let alone on a football team. But it once again proves how braindead some of these morons are. There are exceptions, like James Conner. He's someone that can be looked up to. But in the majority of cases, if I had a youngster and he wanted to watch football or college football, I'd remind him to not use these jackasses as role models. Fortunately, my sons are wise enough to know that.

But boy can these dolts play with their balls! That's about all that some of them can do.

Reactions: step.eng69
Will look really bad for UPS now if Pitt wins that game - really bad.

I think the biggest loss is Wirginis - we have no one with size and experience to play the middle...

Go Pitt.

Some of you are real drama queens. Every year teams deal with players being out for whatever reason.

Blair - He disappeared for quite a few games and was going to be a backup.

Wirginis - How many games has he started?

Whitehead - The only guy that is a loss. He missed about half the Clemson game as well as the rest of the games last season. The guy that we saw last year was a disappointment compared to his Fr. Year.

Bookser - He will not miss any D1 games.
Blair is a big loss because we essentially had 3 players at DE, including him. Edwards is untested/unproven and Hendrix has basically played 1 series of DE. That is unbelievably bad depth at a position which is tantamount to our success.

I believe Brightwell was going to play in the middle but maybe the decision to move him was after they knew Wirginis would be suspended.

I think the biggest loss is Wirginis - we have no one with size and experience to play the middle...

Go Pitt.

Reactions: Jpripper88

Go Pitt.
I'm not so sure about that. Yeah we beat clemson without whitehead, but our secondary was absolutely pathetic. Like it really could not have been worse. Losing a star player in the secondary is the worst thing that could happen right now. I don't disagree with you though, wirginis will probably be a very under looked loss.

Blair is a big loss because we essentially had 3 players at DE, including him. Edwards is untested/unproven and Hendrix has basically played 1 series of DE. That is unbelievably bad depth at a position which is tantamount to our success.
No, he is not a big loss. Hendrix, Weaver, Pugh, Folston, Edwards, and Jones play DE. You very well could see a TE moved to that position as well.

This thread HAS TO BE POLICED!!

There are lots of pedos on speculating some pretty awful things.

No one has info, the penalties are super severe, I honestly cant believe it, but, that being said, kuddos to this staff for taking a stand, unlike most any other team in America

taking a stand ??? lol....alot of schools would have kicked bookser to the curb and what stand are they taking by bringing in Kam Carter? Thankfully penn state took a stand and sent him packing. It is only a matter of time before that ticking time bomb goes off.

If they went to psu I'm sure the Beav would have gotten a good cleaning after one or two games. I'm sure that would have taught them a lesson!

I disagree regarding Blair. He's proven he's just another guy. A decent backup, but not someone I'm worried about losing. He hurts depth, but not an impact player of any note.

Still have Hendrix, Edwards, and plenty of young guys who will now get playing time. Interested to see Weaver get some snaps.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Absolutely unacceptable for whitehead to be in this situation. A kid that talented should be a leader on defense and after the injury should've been 100% focused to get back this season. Don't even need to know what he did, to get multiple games, absolutely disgusted.

What are you gonna do though, I have no problem with the actual decision by narduzzi. If the kid did something wrong that deserves that long of a suspension, bravo for holding him accountable. Kids will never learn if you let him off the hook because he's too valuable to the team. Why does this happen every single season when camp starts? Unreal.
unacceptable for any player to be in this situation. Don't these idiots get the news? F'in stupid.

Reactions: 88Pitt88 and Pittx9
Question for the sharp legal minds here:
Is there any chance the legal system could knock Bookser out of action for more than the first game?
What charges is he facing? Is he looking at fines or could he do a little time? And does the system move fast enough to punish him during the season? Or is that months away?

I disagree regarding Blair. He's proven he's just another guy. A decent backup, but not someone I'm worried about losing. He hurts depth, but not an impact player of any note.

Still have Hendrix, Edwards, and plenty of young guys who will now get playing time. Interested to see Weaver get some snaps.
he was the presumptive starter at DE, dude. Hendrix and Edwards haven't proven $hit.

Reactions: Jpripper88
I understand team policies are why the others got what they did. Maybe I am missing some
Point about bookser, but getting into that kind of trouble, is that not breaking a team rule? That's all I'm trying to figure out as when I heard what kind of trouble he got in I almost expected him to get booted.
Yeah, it may be that Bookser's actions are a team violation too, but I look at it this way:
In the old days, if a kid (this is Bookser) did something really wrong in elementary school, the teacher/nuns would beat the crap out of him. If the parents found out, they'd yell at him, and tell him he got what he deserved, and he gets sent to his room.
Meanwhile, the brother breaks something in the house, and the parents lay some hard punishment on him. He gets punished harder by the parents than the kid with the more serious infraction (at school), but overall, the school infraction kid got a more severe punishment, so he didn't "get off light."

Reactions: Pittx9
Yeah, it may be that Bookser's actions are a team violation too, but I look at it this way:
In the old days, if a kid (this is Bookser) did something really wrong in elementary school, the teacher/nuns would beat the crap out of him. If the parents found out, they'd yell at him, and tell him he got what he deserved, and he gets sent to his room.
Meanwhile, the brother breaks something in the house, and the parents lay some hard punishment on him. He gets punished harder by the parents than the kid with the more serious infraction (at school), but overall, the school infraction kid got a more severe punishment, so he didn't "get off light."
Hmm, I actually get what you mean there lol. Thanks for explaining it in that manner.

I guess I should not be surprised, but every time something like this comes up, it blows my mind. How could guys like Wirginis (who has waited for his chance for years) completely blow the opportunity? How could Whitehead jeopardize his draft status, costing himself millions? I realize these guys are youngsters, but jeez, use your freakin cranium once in a while.

Cruzer
Whitehead won't be impacted. NFL scouts know what he can do. The NFL teams probably would like it if he didn't play at all, save the wear and tear.

Bookser isn't missing an important game. But he better be conditioning like a fiend to be ready for game 2.

Wirginis and Blair are meh.

unacceptable for any player to be in this situation. Don't these idiots get the news? F'in stupid.
These kids are selfish idiots. They played with James Connor for several years, who was a perfect example of how one should conduct oneself as a college football player, student, and individual. They learned nothing, exept how to hurt their football team and their reputation.

Reactions: cbpitt2 and NNFAN
Why is anybody shocked.
SOP
Given your title of President of the UNDIES in a Bunch Guild I expect no less from you.
But what's the big deal here? Was Blair ever that good? Whitehead is good, but he isn't great. And face facts, his position is not a make or break it. He is a remarkable athlete but he is not a great defensive player.
These all occur pre season so players who are eligible will have the ability to practice and play.
This is why you build a PROGRAM....so your next line of talent can step up. One or two players making or breaking a team is what Pitt has been. I don't think the drop in actual talent is all that severe any longer.
But then again, panic was never my sweet spot.
Narduzzi isn't pooping his pants.
As for policing the thread....this is the era of PC and everyone is a champion.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
When there are no police reports involved, there is really only one thing that it could be.

Think Durand Johnson and Titus Howard.

For whatever reason, Pitt seems to have more of these kinds of suspension than anyone.
Pitt refuses to follow the same standards as their peers. Some celebrate that here, others lament it. But it's what is.

Reactions: bwh05
What is the other standard from testing and reporting? Just not sure what you mean.

IF there are different ways to deal with this, you would think schools that have a more lax program would make sure recruits know this as well......you know just as an FYI

Pitt refuses to follow the same standards as their peers. Some celebrate that here, others lament it. But it's what is.

Last edited:
We have a rigorous testing program, even for pot. This problem will continue to get worse as weed becomes more culturally accepted.

Well, they better rethink that policy then since medical marijuana is legal in PA and spreading. Rec use is fully legal in at least 8 states and you can drive 4 hours and smoke as much as you want in DC. I'm no advocate for pot, but it is big time stupid to keep the same penalties with the ongoing decriminalization, particularly considering all the other crap that goes in academic settings these days.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT