ADVERTISEMENT

Syracuse Game Thread

It is obvious we are not going to be able to drive the lane and get fouled today because they are so packed in. We are going to have to hit threes and get some fast break points off of our defense. Our defense has been superb. They have some good talent and yet they are unable to drive us as we have them settling for jump shots. If we can get them to go cold we have a good shot.

When the Celts added Cosy they looked for bigs with hands that could receive his passes and knew to look for the pass. I can't blame the guards when every pass is fumbled.

Part of this is on Capel. The only pass Brown can catch is a soft lob. It needs to be drilled in to stop whipping him the ball, its an auto turnover. This is one of those games. Syracuse keeps making the 3s. Ellison is also one of the most offensivly challenged players Iver ever watched. The amount of easy wide open looks he bricks leaves me speechless. While I appreciate the effort, I cant wait until the Stallings leftovers are gone. Chuk is not a good basketball player either.

I hope we can figure out the zone before the next time we have to play them. I dont want to lose to Syracuse twice.

You go to war with the Army you have, not the Army you want to have.... famous quote there buddy!

He is so bad. He has to be shooting 10% on the season from 5 feet and in on contested shots. Good kid but he needs to be playing 10 minutes per game off the bench. Not his fault he is our best option

Some early surprising success doesn’t erase what we all know . This is a very inexperienced team with a lot of holes in it . Their best days lie ahead of them , there will be games right now that Pitt just doesn’t match up well .

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Again this will be a lesson Learned by a young team. But damn are we missing a lot of open shots.

Part of this is on Capel. The only pass Brown can catch is a soft lob. It needs to be drilled in to stop whipping him the ball, its an auto turnover. This is one of those games. Syracuse keeps making the 3s. Ellison is also one of the most offensivly challenged players Iver ever watched. The amount of easy wide open looks he bricks leaves me speechless. While I appreciate the effort, I cant wait until the Stallings leftovers are gone. Chuk is not a good basketball player either.
Putting Ellison In the middle of the zone was the worst mistake Jeff has made all year.

ADVERTISEMENT