ADVERTISEMENT

Syracuse not calling TO

They have a good defense and good playmakers. They played hard. Tough for the coach to not believe in his players. I watched their game last week and they looked very good except t he 4th quarter

They have a good defense and good playmakers. They played hard. Tough for the coach to not believe in his players. I watched their game last week and they looked very good except t he 4th quarter

no they didn’t. UNC dominated that game from start to finish.

Especially after Syracuse was only down 7-6 And gave up last week. To do the same thing this week and then throw the towel in really tells the team you don’t believe in them.

Maybe he had to do a Joe Paterno and needed to poop?

Dino should have bolted after their really good year. Everyone knows he wasn’t going to keep cuse at that level.

Reactions: Musikprince
Down by two scores. Starting QB out... back up other then one throw hasn't shown much. Giving up 3-4 yards per carry at that point. Considering the whole covid ordeal I think be was just accepting it to get out and off the field as soon as they could. Wasnt thier too receiver banged up by that time as well?

Reactions: TD_6082
Down by two scores. Starting QB out... back up other then one throw hasn't shown much. Giving up 3-4 yards per carry at that point. Considering the whole covid ordeal I think be was just accepting it to get out and off the field as soon as they could. Wasnt thier too receiver banged up by that time as well?

I tend to agree.

On one hand, yeah, it's an 11 point game and they have their TOs, but being a realist... a comeback just wasn't happening. After watching their overmatched offense for 57 minutes, Dino was ready to get the hell out of there.

I tend to agree.

On one hand, yeah, it's an 11 point game and they have their TOs, but being a realist... a comeback just wasn't happening. After watching their overmatched offense for 57 minutes, Dino was ready to get the hell out of there.

Maybe so, but he’s still a lousy coach.

Reactions: cashisking884

you're completely insane. I’m saving this one. There is no way any Pittsburgh fans would be ok with Narduzzi or Tomlin doing this, nor should they. 3:37 left in the game down by 11? Just throwing the towel in? It’s complete loser mentality

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
you're completely insane. I’m saving this one. There is no way any Pittsburgh fans would be ok with Narduzzi or Tomlin doing this, nor should they. 3:37 left in the game down by 11? Just throwing the towel in? It’s complete loser mentality
This board and the Pittsburgh media would blow a circuit if a Pitt coach did this.

Any fan base, and any media covering that team, would react the same way. Check out the Syracuse message board.

just curious do you work in the industry since you jump to the medias defense faster than TD_6082 is to defend any insult of James Franklin.

just curious do you work in the industry since you jump to the medias defense faster than TD_6082 is to defend any insult of James Franklin.
No, but it is just so tiresome to constantly read people taking gratuitous shots at the media, in any
forum. Do you think that any respectable reporter covering a college team would not question a coach who gave up on a game, down 11 with 4 minutes left, like Babers did?

Babers went from hot commodity to probably being fired at the end of the season. Hell, I’d fire him this week for quitting on his team like that.

Fair enough. Not saying you’re wrong with the observation on why he did what he did. Horrible look at this level though, totally unacceptable.

I agree. It is a horrible look at this level. It's really a bad look for any coach, but totally unacceptable for a guy going in his 5th year.

If I were a Cuse fan, the thing I find the most unacceptable is that their offense is putrid for the second year in a row. Their offensive line is abysmal. DeVito has some potential, but he's never going to develop with that line and joke of a running game. It's the exact same crap as last year. They may even be worse.

I agree. It is a horrible look at this level. It's really a bad look for any coach, but totally unacceptable for a guy going in his 5th year.

If I were a Cuse fan, the thing I find the most unacceptable is that their offense is putrid for the second year in a row. Their offensive line is abysmal. DeVito has some potential, but he's never going to develop with that line and joke of a running game. It's the exact same crap as last year. They may even be worse.
And when Boeheim retires and it's hoops team drops off Syracuse Lacrosse will be it's only ray of sunshine.

I tend to agree.

Sure, but it is a bad look and a bad message sent to his team.

he quit, nothing more to say. time for a new coach and im sure behind the scenes, he's updating his resume and has people looking for his next job..

What are they suppose to do though? There are just some jobs that don’t lend themselves to a quick fix if everything doesn’t stay on schedule in terms of talent.

Look at GT. They didn’t have a QB that could run their new system. They were able with one recruiting class to go out and get an instant impact guy. He‘s not elite right now, but even as a tFR, he’s a net positive for them at the QB position. They were able to do that because they are centrally located in the south.

Syracuse has to hit with a huge % of their recruits. Because they can’t just go land some instant impact player being located in upstate NY. They second you get a miss, it destroys you for years.

Their fans can get upset in the initial miss. But they can’t really be upset that it wasn’t fixed in one season if they are being realistic. There are no quick fixes at that school.

He should know Pitt's history well enough that scoring two TD's in spectacular fashion is entirely possible in the last two minutes.
he should realize that even if you would have to recover 3 straight onside kicks, a mathematical probability less than winning the Powerball.....................except against Pitt.

Reactions: pittdan77
What are they suppose to do though? There are just some jobs that don’t lend themselves to a quick fix if everything doesn’t stay on schedule in terms of talent.

Look at GT. They didn’t have a QB that could run their new system. They were able with one recruiting class to go out and get an instant impact guy. He‘s not elite right now, but even as a tFR, he’s a net positive for them at the QB position. They were able to do that because they are centrally located in the south.

Syracuse has to hit with a huge % of their recruits. Because they can’t just go land some instant impact player being located in upstate NY. They second you get a miss, it destroys you for years.

Their fans can get upset in the initial miss. But they can’t really be upset that it wasn’t fixed in one season if they are being realistic. There are no quick fixes at that school.

Agree. It's a struggle at Syracuse. However, there is no way a 5th year coach should trot out an offense that abysmal 2 years in a row. I know there are no quick fixes., but they should show some improvement. They may be even worse than last year.

Agree. It's a struggle at Syracuse. However, there is no way a 5th year coach should trot out an offense that abysmal 2 years in a row. I know there are no quick fixes., but they should show some improvement. They may be even worse than last year.

well actually 6th year, but let's see how the season plays out first. Just one bad game in an unusual season. But I agree they should have looked better. Louisville defense is pretty bad, a lot worse than Syracuse. If we don't put up at least 30 this week then there is reason for concern. I have to admit so far I'm not the biggest Whipple fan and especially having Pickett come over every down to get the play. But I'm willing to give it the whole season before passing judgement.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT