ADVERTISEMENT

Tab Ramos said

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Tab Ramos, when asked about the coaching search for the USMNT, said he wants to hear more from the US Soccer Federation 🗣️

“Well look, I could have a lot of opinions about this, but the bottom line is have you heard Cindy Parlow Cone say anything about this? She’s the president of the federation, am not sure I have heard her speak about the men’s national team. I don’t think she has said anything. I don’t think I even heard her name while I was at the World Cup in Qatar.

Where is Earnie Stewart, shouldn’t he be saying something? Shouldn’t he be answering some of these questions? What direction are we going? I don’t hear anything coming (from the federation). That was kind of the same thing that happened when Berhalter got hired. No one hears anything and then something happens. I want to hear the president of the federation say something and you don’t hear it, unless it’s about a lawsuit, you don’t really hear anything.”

Yep.

US Soccer is pure incompetence. They need to hire "outsiders." MLS actually did that with Don Garber and they've had tremendous success. I'd actually like to see Garber run US Soccer.

Just because you played for the national team doesn’t mean you should coach it or run the association.
US Soccer will forever be second tier because of leadership and coaching. Change both and invest in both and become a legit program.

Tab Ramos, when asked about the coaching search for the USMNT, said he wants to hear more from the US Soccer Federation 🗣️

“Well look, I could have a lot of opinions about this, but the bottom line is have you heard Cindy Parlow Cone say anything about this? She’s the president of the federation, am not sure I have heard her speak about the men’s national team. I don’t think she has said anything. I don’t think I even heard her name while I was at the World Cup in Qatar.

Where is Earnie Stewart, shouldn’t he be saying something? Shouldn’t he be answering some of these questions? What direction are we going? I don’t hear anything coming (from the federation). That was kind of the same thing that happened when Berhalter got hired. No one hears anything and then something happens. I want to hear the president of the federation say something and you don’t hear it, unless it’s about a lawsuit, you don’t really hear anything.”

Yep.

US Soccer is pure incompetence. They need to hire "outsiders." MLS actually did that with Don Garber and they've had tremendous success. I'd actually like to see Garber run US Soccer.
I saw those quotes and thought they were pointless. The World Cup ended last week. Why do we need to hear anything?. If they issued a statement that said nothing, which ultimately would be the case, would we feel any different? Of course not.

I saw those quotes and thought they were pointless. The World Cup ended last week. Why do we need to hear anything?. If they issued a statement that said nothing, which ultimately would be the case, would we feel any different? Of course not.

Berhalter contract has expired.

Berhalter contract has expired.
State of America in 2022. No patience. World Cup ended 6 days ago, we have a once in a generation storm impacting 200 million, the holidays are upon us, and Franco’s dead. We can wait until after the first of the year.

State of America in 2022. No patience. World Cup ended 6 days ago, we have a once in a generation storm impacting 200 million, the holidays are upon us, and Franco’s dead. We can wait until after the first of the year.

We have 2 games in late January. Not important games obviously but if Berhalter isnt the guy, you gotta move on and bring in an interim coach.

Actually, I haven't seen anything from Stewart, but Parlow Cone did release a statement that said nothing shortly after the US was knocked out of the tournament.

Doesn't fit the narrative that someone wants to tell though, so I guess it didn't count.

ADVERTISEMENT