ADVERTISEMENT

Tailgate Lot policy for Pitt-PSU(It sucks)

I can’t wait to see the cameras during the game showing pre-game tailgaters from PSU and Pitt partying together having fun.

Then they’ll come on message boards talking about how they hate each other.

Reactions: dave97
PedSt fans don't care about Pitt & don't consider Pitt a rival & they continually say Pitt fans don't show up for the games, so I'm sure it won't be that crowded anyway.

We spoke with the attendant of our lot and his manager who told us the lot would be open at 3. It is rarely used for Pirate games--probably not even on fireworks nights. What is a "no tailgating policy" until 5 pm. Heather Lyke has been pretty tough so far, lets see if we can't get her to stand up to these bozos.

I honestly doubt 10000 show up solely for the pirate game. Many will be double dipping the pirates and pitt. It's the Marlins with the bucs close to be officially eliminated

Reactions: Cavalier Panther
I honestly doubt 10000 show up solely for the pirate game. Many will be double dipping the pirates and pitt. It's the Marlins with the bucs close to be officially eliminated
Will this be a day they let kids run the bases? Or some other giveaway? Pirates themed underroos?

What happens if their is a rain delay. This could go down as the biggest crap show in Pittsburgh history.

Last edited:
When we arrived at our lot for last Saturday's game, we were informed by the policeman at the gate that tents were verboten Though we do not use a tent for tailgating, there are several other groups who have done so for years. They never used other parking spaces, interfered with other patrons, or blocked vehicle movement. I checked the brochure that comes with tickets and, yes, that is the policy. Beach umbrellas are also forbidden! I can only assume that they inadvertently failed to print a policy banning hats and rain gear. Next year, alcohol and grills? The Tailgate Guys must have failed to reach their profit projections for 2017.
Tailgating: The writing is clearly on the wall.

There won’t be a lot of pirates parking and they’ll consolidate it as best they can.

FWIW parking attendant in our lot (gold 1A) said they’d start let pitt passes in at 3 if they didn’t fill for Pirates. But I could still see them enforcing the no tailgate until 5.

Serious question. I park in the Gold 1 Garage. It looks like they charge $8 to park for Pirates games there, but it doesn't look like they pre-sell for the Pirates. The garage is supposed to open 4 hours before the Pirates game. Any reason I can't show up at 9, pay to park for the Pirates game, tailgate until 1:30, then go somewhere else until 5:00, come back and tailgate until game time? Asking for a friend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT