ADVERTISEMENT

Talent Gap....

cpc247

Redshirt
Jun 26, 2013
Don't sell enough seats at Heinz to bring in top talent....and depth with talent..... Narduzzi and his staff are doing a great job....its an uphill battle and until we can have 30 seniors on the roster year in and year out....we are going to be subpar.....

Joe Knew....
Tarp Heinz....
Pay Pat....and company....
Top players don't have to be drug free....

H2P

Don't sell enough seats at Heinz to bring in top talent....and depth with talent..... Narduzzi and his staff are doing a great job....its an uphill battle and until we can have 30 seniors on the roster year in and year out....we are going to be subpar.....

Joe Knew....
Tarp Heinz....

H2P

Don't blame the empty seats on recruiting. That's a cop out and bullshit

Reactions: ejb25
Regardless if pitt fills the stadiums or not it doesn't matter,it's all about reputation,kids that grow up in PA don't dream about going to pitt they dream of going elsewhere

It's not a talent gap as much as an experience gap. It's cyclical in collegiate sports. Next year Barkley, McSorely, and quite a few others may likely be gone, along with our offensive coordinator. It's the pattern of college sports.

Don't blame the empty seats on recruiting. That's a cop out and bullshit

Please just leave this board... you have not mentioned 1 positive thing about Pitt in my entire time as part of this board....

Secondly its not a cop out.... when you have product x for the same cost as product y and y is significantly a better deal/package....a better salesmen does not save an entire business....Kids are dumb they want to feel like NFL stars...90 percent of kids recruited have been treated that way most of their lives....

Please explain to me why top end kids (LB recently) love everything we have and then BOOM change....its because we can't offer that experience.... we aren't doing things wrong if we were those kids wouldn't be talking to us in the first place....

No way Mcsorely is gone at end of this year. He's a college QB, not a NFL QB.

Does it matter? He's not the hype many pretend. This comes down to other key pieces moving on. I will be really concerned when a new OC takes over. Our current team reminds me of one of your wannstedt teams except we have a good o coordinator. Same hyped talent level.

Without the first Bad Interception and easy Field Position for a quick TD, the going up 14-0, the '6 Million Dollar' D-Bag Coach got Out Coached again. All of that money in their program and top recruits, they should have won this game by 34-41 points.

The CULT is not the #4 best Team despite that current ranking. Without Barkley, Gisecki, and the one DB(Allen?), PITT might have won this game despite having less talented Players at most of the Starting Positions. Imagine if Narduzzi had the talent on the CULT's Team? PITT would win all 4 Games in this current Series. I am not a fan of QBs with lack of mobility, unless the Team has a Top Offensive Line, as in College Football, a Dual Threat QB can be the great equalizer against Teams with Top 10 Recruiting Classes(look at the few losses Bama had the past 5-7 years).

Harbaugh & Meyer will finish off Milkdud this year(and Northwestern could upset them, as that looks like a dangerous Trap Game, and Sparty could make the Milkdud's season even worse). If Clark would have held on to the long pass during an earlier drive in the 1st Half, this could have been closer game(although credit to the DB who made a great hit on that play).

McSorley looks terrible, but just surrounded with a lot of Weapons. He is like Johnny Football in how he plays(he throws the ball up for grabs and his Receivers bail him out or a few of Moorhead's Plays creates such open Receivers that even the worst QBs in College FB could complete those Passes. McSorley only concerned me in that he can create yards by tucking the ball and taking off running off when their is good pass coverage). Once Moorhead leaves(escapes?) the compound and Barkley is gone, The CULT will be back to the 4th best Team(maybe 3rd some years) in their own Division despite the talent.

I would never trade places even if PITT would have lost this Game by 50 Points, and be associated with a School, whose CULT Members, who value Football over everything else(their self worth, as people, is directly linked to the success of 18-23 year olds playing football) and their School Name & Logo will always be associated with the Worst Scandal in College Football History. UnRivaled Indeed in that Area! I did not even want this series renewed being disgusted how most of their CULT Fans whined that they were the 'Real Victims'. Their FB Program should have been shut down for 5-10 years for 'Lack of Institutional Control' and placing the Image of their FB Program over the safety of Children.

However, Karma will catch up with those people and their FB Program in the next few years, as Wins are not likely to come against tOSU(last year was a lucky bounce off a blocked FG and Meyer hiring a terrible OC, who did not help with plays that wold work to the strength of Barrett) & Michigan, as long as Meyer & Harbaugh are still coaching at those 2 Schools. Also, Michigan State could get back to an upper level in the East Division after a terrible 2016 Season. And don't look now, but here comes Maryland. If they start to keep top local Recruits to attend their school, it will cause even more problems for Milkdud.

H2P!

There was not a ton of talent gap honestly. Pitt had 2 TO psu had none. And those TO were basically unforced throwing errors. One in which psu got away with a blatant hold. Take those away and its a much closer game. Give pitt 2 takeaways and PSU none and they game is either real tight or Pitt wins. PSU is clearly better at QB and RB. Other than that there isn't much difference and Pitts backup RB's looked better than psu's.

Reactions: Gunga_Galunga
Please just leave this board... you have not mentioned 1 positive thing about Pitt in my entire time as part of this board....

Secondly its not a cop out.... when you have product x for the same cost as product y and y is significantly a better deal/package....a better salesmen does not save an entire business....Kids are dumb they want to feel like NFL stars...90 percent of kids recruited have been treated that way most of their lives....

Please explain to me why top end kids (LB recently) love everything we have and then BOOM change....its because we can't offer that experience.... we aren't doing things wrong if we were those kids wouldn't be talking to us in the first place....

Then you don't can't read douche

Joe Knew....
Tarp Heinz....

H2P

Idiot

Joe Knew....
Tarp Heinz....

H2P

We shouldn't be playing at Heinz. Support the program Pitt, you morons.

I'm open to your criticism...but I would like for you to explain to me why or how all of the high end talent who were "IN" with Pitt..... have chosen other programs? Jeter tight w/ narduzzi....lamont wade 18 wheeler.....le'veon bell at miles sanders ....these guys are right there and then go where ...big crowds....

Does it matter? He's not the hype many pretend. This comes down to other key pieces moving on. I will be really concerned when a new OC takes over. Our current team reminds me of one of your wannstedt teams except we have a good o coordinator. Same hyped talent level.

See, I actually like McSorely as a college QB, and thought your defense was well coached. And I wanted Moorehead at Pitt before we got Canada. He's not going to last long up there.

There was not a ton of talent gap honestly. Pitt had 2 TO psu had none. And those TO were basically unforced throwing errors. One in which psu got away with a blatant hold. Take those away and its a much closer game. Give pitt 2 takeaways and PSU none and they game is either real tight or Pitt wins. PSU is clearly better at QB and RB. Other than that there isn't much difference and Pitts backup RB's looked better than psu's.
It's not my intention to be argumentative, but if you think there's not much of a talent gap, I'll ask this:

Looking at Pitt's starting 22 players on offense and defense, who among them would be starting for the Nits?

Reactions: cpc247
I didn't think there was a huge talent gap. But I also don't think PSU is an upper tier talent team. They have okay to good talent with a one special player and a few very good players sprinkled in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT