ADVERTISEMENT

Tarps

GreatBear71

Scholarship
May 9, 2005
It is evident that the Pitt fan base is too small to fill Heinz/Acrisure . Are the Steelers nixing Pitt in using tarps, saying it would be difficult to get them all down for a 1pm Sunday Steeler game?

It is evident that the Pitt fan base is too small to fill Heinz/Acrisure . Are the Steelers nixing Pitt in using tarps, saying it would be difficult to get them all down for a 1pm Sunday Steeler game?
Narduzzi has made it clear he doesn't want tarps. Empty seats are empty seats. Whether they are tarped or not. So as long as Duzz is the HC at least, I imagine there will be no tarps.

Is this thread for real? Let’s put a spin on it. Ziploc can manufacture the tarps. That sure would be zany.

Reactions: BreakingPitt
Yes. That is the only reason Heinz Field isn’t tarped.

Now, can we get back to talking about scheduling eight years out?

How many times do we need this, along with the "attendance for next game" threads? GO AWAY

The Steelers wouldn't care if they covered the upper deck in elephants as long as they were removed in time for the Steeler game. Pitt not only doesn't want tarps, it has shown no interest in closing sections without tarping as they still seem adamant on having 40K spread out in a 70K seat stadium

pedogif.gif

The Steelers wouldn't care if they covered the upper deck in elephants as long as they were removed in time for the Steeler game. Pitt not only doesn't want tarps, it has shown no interest in closing sections without tarping as they still seem adamant on having 40K spread out in a 70K seat stadium
Some of us are still social distancing

• Haha
Reactions: Pitt79
Total waste of money for something that is used only 7 times a year for only 28 hours.

I like my Club Seats and all the amenities around (Heinz) Field before and after Pitt home games.

Tarp it down to 50,000 and save money.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Pitt keeps winning and the Stiller's keep losing and pitt may not need tarps anyway.

There is a car that drives often on Rt 28 that is a big fan of this. He even has TARPS painted into the side of his car. Has anyone seen this car?? It is usually red, with white "TARPS" on it.

There is a car that drives often on Rt 28 that is a big fan of this. He even has TARPS painted into the side of his car. Has anyone seen this car?? It is usually red, with white "TARPS" on it.
Didn’t see that (but I live north). But does anyone remember the deranged guy who roamed downtown streets as the 90s wearing the sandwich board claiming “congressman Coyne stole my pension”?

Reactions: Pitt79
I don't want tarps, I don't want to be herded into tighter spaces, FOR MY COMFORT I want to be spread out if the crowd isn't big on any particular day, I don't care what it looks like on TV.

Reactions: OmarMarino
Said by Pitt and Miami fans... and that's about it.
It's great when it's legit full, like the Clemson game last year, 61K, but if it's not going to be full for sure, hell no I don't want to be herded like cattle into a smaller tighter space.

No longer care. Why? With what is going on with conference realignment, and paying players, etc, Pitt will not be able to keep up.. In football, it is all about the size of the fan base. Really, Pitt needs to concentrate on basketball. For March Madness, you are evaluated on your pre season schedule, your league schedule, and your Conference tournament. With only 13-15 players, it should be easy to get your team up to par, with many years, half of the roster is replaced through the portal recruiting. Going back to Oakland is not the answer. We get good players in June when Pitt hosts those kids from Florida, Georgia, etc.for football recruiting. They get blown away seeing a pro stadium and the practice facilities on the South Side with the Steelers. If they are back at Oakland with a slimmed down stadium to control costs, it will not work. Also, too difficult getting in and out of Oakland. The North Shore is perfect for our situation. However, I see us getting into the leftover power conference, when it is all said and done. Really a shame. The current ACC is right for Pitt, in my view.

No longer care. Why? With what is going on with conference realignment, and paying players, etc, Pitt will not be able to keep up.. In football, it is all about the size of the fan base. Really, Pitt needs to concentrate on basketball. For March Madness, you are evaluated on your pre season schedule, your league schedule, and your Conference tournament. With only 13-15 players, it should be easy to get your team up to par, with many years, half of the roster is replaced through the portal recruiting. Going back to Oakland is not the answer. We get good players in June when Pitt hosts those kids from Florida, Georgia, etc.for football recruiting. They get blown away seeing a pro stadium and the practice facilities on the South Side with the Steelers. If they are back at Oakland with a slimmed down stadium to control costs, it will not work. Also, too difficult getting in and out of Oakland. The North Shore is perfect for our situation. However, I see us getting into the leftover power conference, when it is all said and done. Really a shame. The current ACC is right for Pitt, in my view.
Those are basically all great points . It’s denied up the wazoo here but I’ve remained forever convinced that Nordenberg and other Pitt leadership anticipated much of what is starting to take shape now, and positioned Pitt to be able to bow out of football without much difficulty when the inevitable came to pass. I’m sure they had the same doubts many had about Pitt football viability in the long term and figured it would happen a lot sooner. The ACC invite as it developed likely was a major (pleasant) surprise that enabled us to continue with the sport for much longer, and actually even finally see some success last season. But really, in the long view, football is not going to be tenable once the elite programs decide to amp up the greed and consolidate. So the model still works…with the little nagging issue that basketball took such a major tumble in the mean time. I think the logical assumption was that basketball would become the flagship sport of the school (and in the 00’s it definitely did). But it is far easier and cheaper to fix that sport than football.

Agreed...

Those are basically all great points . It’s denied up the wazoo here but I’ve remained forever convinced that Nordenberg and other Pitt leadership anticipated much of what is starting to take shape now, and positioned Pitt to be able to bow out of football without much difficulty when the inevitable came to pass. I’m sure they had the same doubts many had about Pitt football viability in the long term and figured it would happen a lot sooner. The ACC invite as it developed likely was a major (pleasant) surprise that enabled us to continue with the sport for much longer, and actually even finally see some success last season. But really, in the long view, football is not going to be tenable once the elite programs decide to amp up the greed and consolidate. So the model still works…with the little nagging issue that basketball took such a major tumble in the mean time. I think the logical assumption was that basketball would become the flagship sport of the school (and in the 00’s it definitely did). But it is far easier and cheaper to fix that sport than football.
Nordy and company literally invested more in football to be successful , including the move to Heinz which greatly improved revenues-
Than any other admin
Your take is stupid

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT