ADVERTISEMENT

TCU non-con SOS

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Ranked 343 out of 363. I know some will hate me bringing up Jamie but I came across this while looking up some NET stuff. Poni and Muller were talking about how Jamie has changed on the Pitt pregame tonight and how fast they play but man, do have the most experienced team in the nation coming back and to play a schedule that weak is criminal. I still believe that his Nov/Dec scheduling turned a lot of the more casual Steeler/Pens-first fans away because they didnt have to pay attention until Jan/Feb.

Reactions: Saboteur II
Ranked 343 out of 363. I know some will hate me bringing up Jamie but I came across this while looking up some NET stuff. Poni and Muller were talking about how Jamie has changed on the Pitt pregame tonight and how fast they play but man, do have the most experienced team in the nation coming back and to play a schedule that weak is criminal. I still believe that his Nov/Dec scheduling turned a lot of the more casual Steeler/Pens-first fans away because they didnt have to pay attention until Jan/Feb.
Are you sure that’s right? I’m seeing them ranked like 100. They did play Utah, Iowa, and Providence…I don’t see how that could put them that low.

Are you sure that’s right? I’m seeing them ranked like 100. They did play Utah, Iowa, and Providence…I don’t see how that could put them that low.
Yeah, with the games they played that’s literally impossible. Iowa sucks but Utah and providence are quality wins

Your own site you used has it at 161 and 4th hardest overall.

I saw Jamie's team come back from 15+ down against Baylor. They are good and Love to get out on the break, so yeah, it is a bit different than a normal Jamie team. They are older and an experienced team like he had when he was here though. The Big 12 is pretty brutal night in and night out tho. I expect him to get anywhere between a 3 and a 5 seed for the dance.

I don't mind watching those easy early season games, in recent years they were the best games because we sucked so bad once the conference games started. and in my watching hierarchy, Pitt Basketball>Penguins, no matter who either is playing. Steelers trumps everyone, however, they rarely conflict with Pitt basketball.

I saw Jamie's team come back from 15+ down against Baylor. They are good and Love to get out on the break, so yeah, it is a bit different than a normal Jamie team. They are older and an experienced team like he had when he was here though. The Big 12 is pretty brutal night in and night out tho. I expect him to get anywhere between a 3 and a 5 seed for the dance.
I think Dixon’s “style” is to find a system that wins in the conference he’s in. In the BE he developed one that made him the winningest coach in conference history. When Pitt went to the ACC he changed that style, and was still trying to find the right one when Pitt pushed him out. It looks like he’s now finding one that may work in the B12.

Reactions: Ski11585
I think Dixon’s “style” is to find a system that wins in the conference he’s in. In the BE he developed one that made him the winningest coach in conference history. When Pitt went to the ACC he changed that style, and was still trying to find the right one when Pitt pushed him out. It looks like he’s now finding one that may work in the B12.
He is a really good coach, and adapts to the players he has. That said, the big 12 is just so tough. He has lost 3 of his last 4, and this is the best collection of talent and experience he has had there. Not sure how he winds up in conference, but I doubt they get worse than a 5 seed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT