ADVERTISEMENT

TCU or Bama for #4?

Actually you are correct. I did say that, but what I said would have happened if TCU would have lost last weekend instead of this weekend. To me, that is nonsense any way. If you lose, you lose. There are no "good or bad loses", a loss is just that...a loss. Also, when it happens shouldn't matter at all, that is the part that really bothers me, the subjectivity involved. Rest assured that if TCU lost last week, and everything else occurred this weekend stayed the same, that committee would have Alabama in that final four.
Well of course, TCU would’ve then had 2 losses.

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan
Well of course, TCU would’ve then had 2 losses.
Perhaps I didn't state it clearly. If TCU would lost last in week 12 to Iowa State (or for that matter week 11 to Baylor) and won in the Big 12 championship game, they'd still be 12-1 and Alabama would have been in and TCU would be in the #5 spot.

Actually you are correct. I did say that, but what I said would have happened if TCU would have lost last weekend instead of this weekend. To me, that is nonsense any way. If you lose, you lose. There are no "good or bad loses", a loss is just that...a loss. Also, when it happens shouldn't matter at all, that is the part that really bothers me, the subjectivity involved. Rest assured that if TCU lost last week, and everything else occurred this weekend stayed the same, that committee would have Alabama in that final four.
Your position is just as subjective as the pollsters’ or the committee’s. A loss is just a loss is subjective, compared to a good loss or a bad loss. It is all subjective.

Perhaps I didn't state it clearly. If TCU would lost last in week 12 to Iowa State (or for that matter week 11 to Baylor) and won in the Big 12 championship game, they'd still be 12-1 and Alabama would have been in and TCU would be in the #5 spot.
And you have absolutely no way of knowing that.

Your position is just as subjective as the pollsters’ or the committee’s. A loss is just a loss is subjective, compared to a good loss or a bad loss. It is all subjective.
You are correct and that is the entire problem with the current set up. They needed to get away from it next year, not in 2024.

You are correct and that is the entire problem with the current set up. They needed to get away from it next year, not in 2024.
The process used by any committee in the college football playoffs is going to be subjective, no matter who is making the decisions. Your take on it is no less subjective than the current system.

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT