ADVERTISEMENT

Tebow makes AA All-Star Game

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
He didn't deserve to make the team based on his numbers but he is actually having a decent AA season and is proving to be a legitimate minor league baseball player. He is hitting .265 with 5 HR and 32 RBI. At this point, I'd be pretty surprised if he wasnt playing for the Mets in September.....to sell tickets of course but his numbers this season arent bad and they have improved every time he has moved up a level which I am guessing usually doesn't happen. From Fall League to Low A, High A, now AA, they've gone up every time. People forget he was a big-time baseball prospect at one point.

His hitting this well at this level is ridiculous actually.

I have read at multiple places that the difference between A and double AA is the biggest jump that there is in baseball. He is obviously not a major league talent, but to hit at the level he has shows that he has real ability in the sport.

He shouldn’t even be playing baseball. His best talent is at QB in football, and he should be someone’s backup or 3rd string QB.

I have read at multiple places that the difference between A and double AA is the biggest jump that there is in baseball. He is obviously not a major league talent, but to hit at the level he has shows that he has real ability in the sport.

He shouldn’t even be playing baseball. His best talent is at QB in football, and he should be someone’s backup or 3rd string QB.

I'm not sure he was that good of a QB in terms of the NFL but this baseball stint sort of proves his athleticism.

I'm surprised that the Succos didn't think of this before the Mets.

I'm not sure he was that good of a QB in terms of the NFL but this baseball stint sort of proves his athleticism.

I will go further. While you are not sure I am sure he was no pro qb, college QB great, pro QB horrible (two completely different games and skill set.) He should have moved to H-Back and he would still be in the NFL baring injury. I do agree that his baseball career does prove how athletic he is.

Reactions: megadrone

I will go further. While you are not sure I am sure he was no pro qb, college QB great, pro QB horrible (two completely different games and skill set.) He should have moved to H-Back and he would still be in the NFL baring injury. I do agree that his baseball career does prove how athletic he is.

He could easily be an NFL TE and a few teams offered him that but its QB or baseball for him. If baseball fails, he probably goes to the XFL I think

He could easily be an NFL TE and a few teams offered him that but its QB or baseball for him. If baseball fails, he probably goes to the XFL I think

I don't understand that kind of thinking. Kordell was like that too, when everyone knew he should have stayed in the slash role or move to WR permanently, he insisted on being a QB which he was not cut out for as an every down QB.

He didn't deserve to make the team based on his numbers but he is actually having a decent AA season and is proving to be a legitimate minor league baseball player. He is hitting .265 with 5 HR and 32 RBI. At this point, I'd be pretty surprised if he wasnt playing for the Mets in September.....to sell tickets of course but his numbers this season arent bad and they have improved every time he has moved up a level which I am guessing usually doesn't happen. From Fall League to Low A, High A, now AA, they've gone up every time. People forget he was a big-time baseball prospect at one point.
The Mets aren’t going to occupy a precious roster spot with a guy who can’t play at the MLB level. Ticket sales aren’t going to be impacted by a guy who rides pine. Jersey sales? Maybe.

Thought after a few years of playing tight end he could have been a borderline pro bowler there. Had the size and you can learn how to block. Would have been a tough cover for a linebacker. Oh well.

The Mets aren’t going to occupy a precious roster spot with a guy who can’t play at the MLB level. Ticket sales aren’t going to be impacted by a guy who rides pine. Jersey sales? Maybe.

The Mets are terrible. He almost definitely will be playing for them in September when the rosters expand. Next year, I'd guess he moves to AAA and unless he shows REAL big league potential, which is doubtful, he probably gets called up next September as well and then cut after the season.

The Mets are 14 games back right now. Stick a fork in ‘em. There is no doubt he will be called up at some point before the end of the year.

The Mets are 14 games back right now. Stick a fork in ‘em. There is no doubt he will be called up at some point before the end of the year.
And there is even less doubt that will have little or no tangible impact on ticket sales for that sorry ass franchise.

Two things sell tickets in MLB: being playoff contention wire to wire and/or having a superstar must-see player or two.

As I said before -they might sell a few more jerseys. That’s about it-unless Tebow goes on a year and morphs into a Mike Trout talent. That ain’t gonna happen.

Come on! Get on your knees and bow your heads... This is ordained. Sigh...

I don't understand that kind of thinking. Kordell was like that too, when everyone knew he should have stayed in the slash role or move to WR permanently, he insisted on being a QB which he was not cut out for as an every down QB.
To be honest, Kordell was cut out to be a mediocre QB starter, he actually did have 2 pretty good years as a starter. Twice to the AFCCG, the one year 3000 yards passing, 21 pass TDs, 11 rush TDs, 500 yards rushing.

He went 1-4 with a double and a strikeout in the All-Star game. The double was off the #63 prospect in baseball. He is hitting .270 on the year.

Why? He can’t throw the football accurately. Where is the market for that?

He is nowhere near the player Colin Kaepernick is and that kid can’t get a job either.

Tebow should be doing analysis for college football. He’s a good-looking and an articulate kid and he seems like a nice kid too. People really seem to love him. That’s what he should be doing.

However, he is not a professional caliber quarterback and the Denver Broncos wasting a first round pick on him is one of the worst decisions I’ve ever seen. It’s really comparable to the idiotic decision Cleveland made to take Johnny Football a few years ago. At least Tebow won a playoff game - against the Steelers, no less.

However, he was just not good enough to play in the NFL. There’s no shame in that. There are a lot of really good college football players who are really nice human beings but who also simply aren’t good enough to play in the NFL.

Alternatively, he should run for Congress in one of those conservative Florida areas and keep his nose clean for 30 years and go to banquets.

Also, he and his family are missionaries. He should take some of the money he’s made and do more missionary work. That’s truly God’s work and that would be his greatest impact.

However, if the Pittsburgh Steelers – my team – signed him to a roster spot I would be pretty damn livid. He’s seemingly a great guy and a great story and all the rest of it. However, he is also not good enough to play for the Steelers.

He is nowhere near the player Colin Kaepernick is and that kid can’t get a job either.

Tebow should be doing analysis for college football. He’s a good-looking and an articulate kid and he seems like a nice kid too. People really seem to love him. That’s what he should be doing.

However, he is not a professional caliber quarterback and the Denver Broncos wasting a first round pick on him is one of the worst decisions I’ve ever seen. It’s really comparable to the idiotic decision Cleveland made to take Johnny Football a few years ago. At least Tebow won a playoff game - against the Steelers, no less.

However, he was just not good enough to play in the NFL. There’s no shame in that. There are a lot of really good college football players who are really nice human beings but who also simply aren’t good enough to play in the NFL.

Alternatively, he should run for Congress in one of those conservative Florida areas and keep his nose clean for 30 years and go to banquets.

Also, he and his family are missionaries. He should take some of the money he’s made and do more missionary work. That’s truly God’s work and that would be his greatest impact.

However, if the Pittsburgh Steelers – my team – signed him to a roster spot I would be pretty damn livid. He’s seemingly a great guy and a great story and all the rest of it. However, he is also not good enough to play for the Steelers.

You have got to be kidding me about the Tebow draft pick being one of the worst decisions you’ve ever seen, that is an absolutely horrible take.

He was the 25th pick in the draft, do you realize how many absolute busts way, way, worse than Tebow were drafted much higher?

For starters Tebow at least played some part in the Broncos making the playoffs and winning a playoff game, that alone almost justifies the pick. This doesn’t include the financial windfall the Broncos realized with him. Jersey sales were through the roof, and the year after the playoff run they had many more prime time games on Sunday, Monday, and Thursday nights, which almost anyone would agree were the direct result of people being interested in seeing Tim Tebow no matter how good or bad he was. It is hard to put a price tag on that kind of publicity, it was certainly worth a hell of a lot more than his contract paid him. The Broncos made bank with him financially, I guarantee you ownership doesnt see it as being a horrible decision to draft him.

Once again he was the 25th pick in the draft, are you trying to say drafting him was a worse decision than drafting Ryan Leaf, David Klingler, Andre Ware, or Joey Harrington? Those are just a few QB’s that were taken way higher than Tebow. How about Courtney Brown or Ki-Jana Carter or numerous other position players drafted in the top 5 that did nothing on the field and didn’t help their teams in anyway financially either? The Steelers drafted Jarvis Jones 17th, was he a worse decision than Tim Tebow?

If you really think the Broncos spending the 25th pick overall on Tim Tebow was one of the worst decisions you’ve ever seen considering what they got from him financially and publicity wise in addition to his limited contributions on the field I don’t know what to say. There are literally 10 guys drafted above him every single year that add way less to their franchises.

Last edited:

he beat your team and sent them home for the year at least one time I know of...
He is nowhere near the player Colin Kaepernick...also nowhere near the capability to cost some owner money and headaches which are not worthy of his now average skills...

Those points are both true. However, they don’t make Tebow a competent NFL quarterback.

He cannot accurately throw a football, he just can’t. We can pretend all day that be can, but it doesn’t change the fact he cannot do it. If he could do it, he would still be in the NFL, right? Who wouldn’t want a nice looking, clean-cut, God-fearing kid like that on their team?

Nobody, that’s who?

Tebow did have one successful moment in the NFL and it was against the Steelers. However, he had many, many more failures – which is why his NFL career was such a catastrophic failure.

I have nothing against the guy. In fact, I flat out admire his missionary work. However, if I’m being honest I must admit that I have never seen a more overrated athlete in my entire life.

Now, why so many people take such great offense to that fairly obvious observation is one of life‘s great mysteries?

I love his spirit and I respect what he’s doing in the low minor leagues as a 30-year-old man. Good for him to follow his dreams. However, again, he’s in the All-Star game not because of his performance but rather because of his last name and the attention he could bring to it.

Again, good for them too. They are running businesses as well and they need to make money. People just love Tim Tebow and he makes everyone a lot of money. That’s why they sell his jersey in every Double A ballpark.

Seriously, Tebow should stay in the media or go into politics, because so many people really like the guy. However, he’s almost certainly not a Major League Baseball player and I can say with absolute certainty that he is CLEARLY not an NFL caliber football player.

Nice kid though.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT