ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee fan here. Kudos to Pitt

Nov 8, 2006
If Slovis is okay y’all will have another solid year. That defense is aggressive and flies around. It was said by Tennessee players that Pitt’s defense would not look out of place in the SEC and that’s an absolute fact.

I’ll be rooting for y’all in the ACC moving forward. I love programs who have to develop to win. Iowa, Pitt, Utah, etc.

H2P

If Slovis is okay y’all will have another solid year. That defense is aggressive and flies around. It was said by Tennessee players that Pitt’s defense would not look out of place in the SEC and that’s an absolute fact.

I’ll be rooting for y’all in the ACC moving forward. I love programs who have to develop to win. Iowa, Pitt, Utah, etc.

H2P

Sorry our mistakes and injuries allowed Tennessee to leave with the W.

Fun game regardless. Good luck the rest of season.

Reactions: ThePanthers
Sorry our mistakes and injuries allowed Tennessee to leave with the W.

Fun game regardless. Good luck the rest of season.

Tennessee had a fumble, muffed punt, blocked punt, and dropped a TD… both teams made mistakes/forced the other to make mistakes.

If Tennessee ever pushes it to two scores in the second half it was over… we just couldn’t. Both from our own mistakes and Pitt making enough plays.

Tennessee had a fumble, muffed punt, blocked punt, and dropped a TD… both teams made mistakes/forced the other to make mistakes.

If Tennessee ever pushes it to two scores in the second half it was over… we just couldn’t. Both from our own mistakes and Pitt making enough plays.
And if Pitt caught that ball we go up 17-0 and it's over or if Slovis doesn't get hurt we win so c'mon dude please.

H2P
Does your program not have to develop to win? Are you saying you guys could just win straight up by mere talent? Lol get out of here buddy. F the SEC and your arrogance.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt

Don’t mind him. Congrats on the win. Tennessee fans had a great time in our city. Wish our team wasn’t as accommodating.

Tennessee's schedule seems pretty manageable. Ball St., Akron, Tennessee Martin, Missouri, South Carolina, Vandy, and LSU. Plus Kentucky and Florida aren't exactly juggernauts (around the same tier as Pitt this season, I'd imagine).

Looks like they can go 9-3, which is a landmark season for them. Nice win. I thought the SEC was a little tougher, but I guess Bama and Georgia carry a lot of that load.

Tennessee's schedule seems pretty manageable. Ball St., Akron, Tennessee Martin, Missouri, South Carolina, Vandy, and LSU. Plus Kentucky and Florida aren't exactly juggernauts (around the same tier as Pitt this season, I'd imagine).

Looks like they can go 9-3, which is a landmark season for them. Nice win. I thought the SEC was a little tougher, but I guess Bama and Georgia carry a lot of that load.

The body blows of playing Georgia and Bama will take their toll. Kentucky, Florida, SC, and LSU all good enough to beat us too.

And if Pitt caught that ball we go up 17-0 and it's over or if Slovis doesn't get hurt we win so c'mon dude please.

In a one score game, both teams can play these “what if” scenarios until the end of time.

It’s not like Slovis was a fluke injury. He was getting pounded all day. Injuries suck… but there’s a reason you want to abuse the other teams QB.

Missed fgs didn't help but at the end of the game, we lost. Good luck

In a one score game, both teams can play these “what if” scenarios until the end of time.

It’s not like Slovis was a fluke injury. He was getting pounded all day. Injuries suck… but there’s a reason you want to abuse the other teams QB.

The injuries to your team last year (outside of the 'addition by subtraction' when Hooker went in for Milton) were helpful in our win. You guys were banged up at key positions going into that game.

Likewise, the same happened yesterday, only it went against us this time. It's part of the game and I totally accept and understand it. It's inconsistent for us fans to ignore injuries when we benefit but get bitter when it doesn't. I'm just glad we don't have to face another Bryce Ford-Wheaton (WVU) or Cedric Tillman type player the rest of the regular season! Those rare breed of WR tend to terrorize our defensive scheme.

This was a fun and competitive (albeit frustrating at times for both programs) one and one series. I'm also rooting for your team. Good luck the rest of the way.

H2P

2 good games in this series. Tenn fans are good people, at your house and at ours. Hope we do this again in the coming years.

It was really good to meet several of your fans yesterday; they were very friendly and respectful but with great spirit for your team. The crowd experience was very positive (Vs last week). Good luck going forward.

The Vols D line were chasing our QBs all game. There are always what ifs in every game. Vols made enough plays to get the W. Very impressed with the Vols fans here. The ones I interacted with before, during, and after the game was respectful. Good luck going forward.

I was going to say, in every game that goes to overtime the team that loses is going to be able to point to a couple plays and say "if only this happened differently our team would have won".

It was a close, hard fought game that both teams did some good things and both teams made some mistakes in.

Yes because TN played mistake free…lol.

If both play mistake free and injury free- you will admit Tennessee wasn't the better team. That's not the way this game went- so be it.

H2P
Thanks. I hope you enjoyed your weekend in Pittsburgh. UT fans are za class act. I still think Pitt got hosed by the SEC refs but what can you do?

Finally, Pitt owes alot to Johnny Majors. His script Pitt and color scheme has become a classic.

Reactions: Atlanta Panther

H2P
Rooting for the Vols as well. You have a good team and the Vol fans around me were great. And please beat Bama!

Id say Tennessee played a their C+ maybe B- game
Seriously? What's been the A game of the Heupel era? Obviously, there hasn't been one, since I believe Pitt is the only ranked team he has beaten. Maybe Heupel isn't the answer.

I don't think Tennessee has even played in a BCS/NY6 caliber bowl game since Frank Solich and the dinosaur that is Nebraska football curb-stomped the Vols a Fiesta Bowl when it was still played in Sun Devil Stadium.

H2P

Hope you guys win out!

Seriously? What's been the A game of the Heupel era? Obviously, there hasn't been one, since I believe Pitt is the only ranked team he has beaten. Maybe Heupel isn't the answer.

I don't think Tennessee has even played in a BCS/NY6 caliber bowl game since Frank Solich and the dinosaur that is Nebraska football curb-stomped the Vols a Fiesta Bowl when it was still played in Sun Devil Stadium.

Beat ranked Kentucky at their place last year. Our offense certainly played their A game in that one. Scored 45 and only had the ball 12 minutes of total clock time.

By that point in the year our defense’s lack of depth was showing up.

Beat ranked Kentucky at their place last year. Our offense certainly played their A game in that one. Scored 45 and only had the ball 12 minutes of total clock time.

By that point in the year our defense’s lack of depth was showing up.
LMAO!. A 3 point win over Kentucky?

Kentucky lost to Mississippi State last year. They beat Iowa in a bowl game by 3 & struggled to beat South Carolina.

Kenny Pickett dropped 27 on the Vols in one quarter last year. It took you guys 60 minutes to get that on Saturday.

Maybe the Vols just aren't very good. I may be totally off on this, but I'm going to guess the 2022 version of Tennessee football will be 24th in a row to go without a conference crown. That's a damn long time.

Great game and the Tennessee fans around me were very respectful.

Tennessee came to play and aggressive against Slovis.

The official allowed Tennessee defense to drive Slovis into the ground after releasing the ball and then the sack late in the 2nd quarter ended his day.

Personally, I don't mind that kind of play that's how the game used to be played but in today's game driving a player in to the ground after he releases the ball is usually flagged.

I think if Slovis plays the whole game we win.

Even with him out Tennessee gave us more than enough opportunities to win and we just didn't capitalize.

Blocked punt with open field and we knock ourselves out of bounds and two missed field goals.

Ģreat series and I like to see us do it again.

H2P

we all heard about how your defense was so bad last year. ranked like 90th or something like that. but they looked pretty good to me. had a couple of brain farts but the DL was lights out. a little worried about your secondary playing against teams with better WR's than us (read: probably most of them).

thanks for the note and stopping by. best of luck the rest of the season.

Great game and the Tennessee fans around me were very respectful.

Tennessee came to play and aggressive against Slovis.

The official allowed Tennessee defense to drive Slovis into the ground after releasing the ball and then the sack late in the 2nd quarter ended his day.

Personally, I don't mind that kind of play that's how the game used to be played but in today's game driving a player in to the ground after he releases the ball is usually flagged.

I think if Slovis plays the whole game we win.

Even with him out Tennessee gave us more than enough opportunities to win and we just didn't capitalize.

Blocked punt with open field and we knock ourselves out of bounds and two missed field goals.

Ģreat series and I like to see us do it again.

SEC refs

I missed seeing the hold at the game and it wasn't replayed on the stadium scoreboard.

Now that I've seen this it just a horrendous call that did change the outcome of the game.

This call or lack of a call ranks right up there with the phantom PI call against Notre Dame.

I know it would sound like sour grapes but Narduzzi should do more than reference it and call out this official.

H2P
"Pitt's defense would not look out of place in the SEC." How arrogant of a comment from a team that hasn't won jack in years.

Hendon Hooker wouldn't look out of place as Kenny Pickett's backup, either.

ADVERTISEMENT