ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee, Pruitt, and Steele.

Almost. They need to hire Steve Pederson, that will complete their journey.

No chance of that though. Tennessee fans would riot if Steve is announced as their AD..

Last edited:
I’m not sure they even have much of a choice. They are getting a new AD. Until he is hired, they aren’t going to hire a coach. By the time he’s hired, you’re already about into spring practice.

Their best bet is probably to let Steele coach the team next year, and then make the hire next November/December.
We hired a HC without an AD.

1.8 million as AD. Holy crap that’s serious coin. Fulmer is getting over 35,000 a month until 2023. My god is Tennessee printing money now.

I guess they are no longer paying Jones and attempting to not pay Pruitt. Martin was promised a 2 year extension, but who knows if he gets added to new staff.

This whole thing is bizarre as hell. They brought Steele in as a "defensive assistant" during a hiring freeze and gave him a 2 year contract. Then, a week later, they bumped him up to interim HC. This is definitely not an ideal situation for any new HC hire to walk into, one of uncertainty with certain coaches assigned to your staff.

Pruitt is crazy as hell. I'm guessing they are going to have to pay him something to go away and keep his mouth shut.

Crazy that they didn't fire Fulmer with cause. He has bent that place over time and time again for a cushy paycheck while driving the program into the ground. He pretty much owes his career to Johnny Majors and David Cutliffe.

This whole thing is bizarre as hell. They brought Steele in as a "defensive assistant" during a hiring freeze and gave him a 2 year contract. Then, a week later, they bumped him up to interim HC. This is definitely not an ideal situation for any new HC hire to walk into, one of uncertainty with certain coaches assigned to your staff.

Pruitt is crazy as hell. I'm guessing they are going to have to pay him something to go away and keep his mouth shut.

Crazy that they didn't fire Fulmer with cause. He has bent that place over time and time again for a cushy paycheck while driving the program into the ground. He pretty much owes his career to Johnny Majors and David Cutliffe.
I don’t understand how UT can go after Pruitt but Fulmer is off the hook and gets $35000 plus a month through 2023.

Classic at the presser announcing the firing of Pruitt for "cause" on recruiting violations that Fulmer said recruiting was still going very during that time. You can't make this stuff up in the SEC.

These things are always fluid, but as of now, it looks like it's going to fall to Josh Heupel. It seems they kicked the tires on Franklin, Fickell, Fleck, Campbell, Dykes, Elliott, (willing to go to 8 mil for Franklin or Fickell) with no interest. For whatever reason, they have mostly steered clear of coaches represented by Jimmy Sexton. Whether true or not, talk within the industry is that Tennessee may be looking at upwards of 50 Level 1 & 2 violations.

Interestingly enough, there is speculation that if Heupel leaves, Tony Elliott would probably be in play at UCF & most likely accept.

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
These things are always fluid, but as of now, it looks like it's going to fall to Josh Heupel. It seems they kicked the tires on Franklin, Fickell, Fleck, Campbell, Dykes, Elliott, (willing to go to 8 mil for Franklin or Fickell) with no interest. For whatever reason, they have mostly steered clear of coaches represented by Jimmy Sexton. Whether true or not, talk within the industry is that Tennessee may be looking at upwards of 50 Level 1 & 2 violations.

Interestingly enough, there is speculation that if Heupel leaves, Tony Elliott would probably be in play at UCF & most likely accept.
What exactly are 50 level 1 and level 2 violations.

The rules are very vague and subjective in their description.

You mean like Southwest Middle State College of Illinois would get the death penalty but UNC nothing kind of vague and subjective.
I read those levels you sent, can they be anymore vague. Which is why a school like UT might not get much because they fired everyone swiftly. And SEC schools bring all the cash to the NCAA. I’m still waiting for UNC to get hit with significant penalties.

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT