ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee talk about Pitt game

TD_6082

Athletic Director
Aug 11, 2001
Hampton Roads, VA
If you want more upbeat Pitt coverage from a Tennessee perspective go here. The Tony Basilio Show

It's definitely more entertaining than the lazy Hooker podcast, and his entire show all week is pretty much going to be hyping the Pitt game.

I downloaded the app and listened to his 5th qtr show Thursday night to hear the real time reactions to the Brawl. It's good to hear others that have an appreciation for the sport and other rivalries that aren't played in their region or conference.

On a side note, I listened last year the week of the Tennessee game, and they were really psyched and expecting a tough game until they started interviewing guests/media from Pittsburgh. They pretty much trashed the program. It was a little deflating after Basilio had spent the entire week talking about Pitt tradition and just how much of a beast Pitt was back in the Glory Days. (FWIW - Tony Basilio grew up in the Philly area)

Just thought I'd share for those that can't get enough college football talk after week 1

If you want more upbeat Pitt coverage from a Tennessee perspective go here. The Tony Basilio Show

It's definitely more entertaining than the lazy Hooker podcast, and his entire show all week is pretty much going to be hyping the Pitt game.

I downloaded the app and listened to his 5th qtr show Thursday night to hear the real time reactions to the Brawl. It's good to hear others that have an appreciation for the sport and other rivalries that aren't played in their region or conference.

On a side note, I listened last year the week of the Tennessee game, and they were really psyched and expecting a tough game until they started interviewing guests/media from Pittsburgh. They pretty much trashed the program. It was a little deflating after Basilio had spent the entire week talking about Pitt tradition and just how much of a beast Pitt was back in the Glory Days. (FWIW - Tony Basilio grew up in the Philly area)

Just thought I'd share for those that can't get enough college football talk after week 1
It can be pretty easy to trash Pitt, and as fans we’ve all fallen victim. That said our media definitely goes over the top with it. Cook essentially had an article ready to go that was put out like an hour after the Miami game and so many of them have connections to WVU, PSU, and Syracuse that a lot of vitriol leaks into their coverage

Reactions: TD_6082
Doesn’t Ramon Foster have a show in TN? He might be a good listen this week if you can find him online.

It can be pretty easy to trash Pitt, and as fans we’ve all fallen victim. That said our media definitely goes over the top with it. Cook essentially had an article ready to go that was put out like an hour after the Miami game and so many of them have connections to WVU, PSU, and Syracuse that a lot of vitriol leaks into their coverage
I was on a road trip and listened to 93.7 from 6am to 6pm on Friday. Every one of the on air personalities were 100% positive , and if there were 50 segments during that time, 47 of them were about Pitt. Dunlap, Cook, Starkey, Mueller, Poni…all of them were so excited and complimentary of Pitt football. Funny that PSU had a game too and not one time was it brought up except during the news updates. Let’s face it, Pitt has been an easy target through the years.

some of us are way too insecure when it comes to local coverage.

Ramon is on 104.5 The Zone in Nashville from 6:00 am til 10:00 am CT M-F.
Was Mark Howard still in that slot when he passed earlier this summer?

Nashville radio sports talk was really good back when I lived there. So much better than Knoxville.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT