ADVERTISEMENT

Texas and Oklahoma to the SEC

Why should schools like Duke ,UNC , Virginia that drive the ratings for the ACC continue to share equally with the likes of Pitt , BC , and Wake ?
I don't know how much simpler I can say it. You need someone to lose the game. The Globetrotters aren't the Globetrotters if they barely eek out wins. You can't make a conference of only blue bloods or someone ends up being the Washington Generals.

What does Rutgers bring to the Big Ten? They bring a media market, and they serve as a doormat.

Why bring Pitt into a FB-only conference? Once again, Pitt's rep is stronger nationally than with our Pity-Me fans. And there are 16 other teams to find a home.
I think schools will realize that regional bias and rivalries are important. Still think that 5 conferences of 16 schools is the answer.
I spend half the yr in Fl and trust me no one I know except yinzers cares one iota about Pitt Fb . Pitt hasn’t been relevant in Fb for yrs , now the Stillers is a different story .

A school like Pitt needs the security of multi sport conference . Neither bb or Fb programs are good enough to be in a super conference.

I don't know how much simpler I can say it. You need someone to lose the game. The Globetrotters aren't the Globetrotters if they barely eek out wins. You can't make a conference of only blue bloods or someone ends up being the Washington Generals.

What does Rutgers bring to the Big Ten? They bring a media market, and they serve as a doormat.
A conference with the top thirty or forty programs will have doormats every yr . Every team in the nba has extraordinary talent on their roster every yr , but there’s always teams that lose .

The draw of a super conference with the forty best bb programs in the country would be national .

A conference with the top thirty or forty programs will have doormats every yr . Every team in the nba has extraordinary talent on their roster every yr , but there’s always teams that lose .

The draw of a super conference with the forty best bb programs in the country would be national .
Yes, that is exactly the point. You want one of the top-40 teams (i.e., a team that would get an at-large bid) to basically go from being the St. Louis Cardinals to being the Pittsburgh Pirates. Who would sign up for that?

Yes, that is exactly the point. You want one of the top-40 teams (i.e., a team that would get an at-large bid) to basically go from being the St. Louis Cardinals to being the Pittsburgh Pirates. Who would sign up for that?
Anyone wanting to double to quadruple their revenues .

With the increased revenues and recruiting restrictions lifted there’d be plenty of money to go around for forty teams to field competitive rosters . There’s always going to be winners and losers .

This is all about revenue , it’s not about providing an educational experience for the student athlete . ( like it is now ! )

Texas Fb brought in 197 million in revenue last yr Ok was somewhere around 157 why do they want to go the SEC , because they want more MONEY !

Where was Syracuse before Boeheim?? G-Town before Thompson, UCONN before Calhoun, Duke before K, etc.??
Duke before K? Playing for national titles. (Remember the Spanarkel/Gminski/Banks squad? A decade or so earlier than that, the victim of the early Wooden juggernaut.)

Duke before K? Playing for national titles. (Remember the Spanarkel/Gminski/Banks squad? A decade or so earlier than that, the victim of the early Wooden juggernaut.)
Pitt beat Duke under Grgurich. At Cameron. They were good but not that consistent.

ADVERTISEMENT