ADVERTISEMENT

The ACC can make its mark or not....OOC Schedule provides the opportunity

recruitsreadtheseboards

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 11, 2006
Key Out of Conference games, can confirm the ACC as an also ran, or signify that the ACC is improving and up coming.

Week 1:
WVU at Pitt
Rutgers at BC
FSU at LSU (New Orleans)
Have to go at least 2-1 here.
Must win for conference. Pitt
Biggest win opportunity for conference. FSU

Week 2:
L'ville at UCF
Duke at Northwestern
Tennessee at Pitt
Wake at Vandy
Virginia at Illinois
Have to go at least 3-2.
Must win opportunity: Wake and UVa
Biggest win opportunity for conference. Pitt

Week 3:
Purdue at Syracuse
Ole Miss at Ga Tech
Miami at A&M.
Pitt at WMU
2-2 would be good
Must win (can't lose) Pitt
Biggest Opportunity both GT and Miami

Week 4:
WVU at VT
Duke at Kansas
GT at UCF
USF at Lville
ND at UNC
Must win: VT
Biggest Opportunity UNC

Other key OOC games:
Clemson at ND
Florida at FSU
GT at Georgia
Louisville at Kentucky
It would be nice to go at least 2-2

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
We’ll know by week 3 if we turned the corner or just stumbled blindly into fluke success last season. Pitt HAS to win these first three games. No BS about “only the conference play matters.” We want to Put Our Hands In The Air, if We Are a True Playa, we have to win these games.

Need Pitt to beat WVU, UVA to beat Ill, Clemson over ND, and Duke to beat Kansas for the conference to hold serve.

FSU over LSU, Miami over A&M, and UNC over ND would really make the country take notice.

Need Pitt to beat WVU, UVA to beat Ill, Clemson over ND, and Duke to beat Kansas for the conference to hold serve.

FSU over LSU, Miami over A&M, and UNC over ND would really make the country take notice.
Pitt over Tennessee. Pitt will be preseason ranked, we come out of the gate and beat WVU and Tennessee, we will be close to top 10. You start now getting notice, our games start getting more attention. Same with some other teams like NC State and Miami and of course Clemson.

I forgot to list NC State at ECU in week 2. NC State can't lose that game. Their OOC is pretty poor. So they can't lose that game. They will be ranked fairly high in preseason also. The Miami at A&M game will be really something.

Pitt over Tennessee. Pitt will be preseason ranked, we come out of the gate and beat WVU and Tennessee, we will be close to top 10. You start now getting notice, our games start getting more attention. Same with some other teams like NC State and Miami and of course Clemson.

I forgot to list NC State at ECU in week 2. NC State can't lose that game. Their OOC is pretty poor. So they can't lose that game. They will be ranked fairly high in preseason also. The Miami at A&M game will be really something.

I don’t think it hurts the conference for Pitt to lose to Tenn. And I’m not sure how much it boosts it either.
Both teams are perceived as probably being evenly matched, so a loss doesn’t hurt the conference. But neither team regarded as so good that a win makes the public start talking ACC.

ADVERTISEMENT