ADVERTISEMENT

The best direction for Pitt sports (post-UCLA and USC move to Big 10)

Hollywood7

Freshman
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Philadelphia, PA
I am sure that I could dig up my post after NIL was made legal, but there was no denying that college sports would turn into the Wild West. By definition, anything can happen, but sometimes it is best to simply look in the mirror, and be honest with what you see so that you can make reasonable projections. This is what I see:

1. Texas A&M and Pitt are playing by two completely different sets of rules, regulations, and $$$. Soon, all of the SEC and Big 10 teams will be professional teams played by highly compensated athletes.
2. Sorry, but as much as it pains me, Pitt is not the upper crust in basketball or football. Had NIL not changed the game, we were so close in football.
3. Pitt does not control any TV market.

In light of the above, it is more likely than not that Pitt will be in a Tier Two conference which will be below the Big 10 and SEC. Who knows what it will look like, but it will not have Miami, FSU and Clemson in the league. Eventually, college sports will be crushed by its own weight, and have to start over. Frankly, Pitt will be in a great position when this happens.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News