ADVERTISEMENT

THE big VB weekend

levance2

All American
Aug 17, 2010
Pittsburgh

"The Panthers are looking to become just the second team in the history of Pitt Athletics to defeat four Top 10 opponents in the same season (1989 Men's Basketball)."

Reactions: HOF Coach
Is Lexi hurt again or has Ennis simply surpassed her as the #2 setter behind Fairbanks?
Not positive about this, but I think Ennis has surpassed her. Perhaps someone can confirm or deny this.

That was one of the best overall performances I have seen from Pitt (at least in the first two sets).

Great use of the bench, and Fish managed to play some players in different positions. Ennis had some time at OH, Starks appeared as MB, Klika as DS, and some highlight reel plays from Jepsen (who had committed to ND before switching to Pitt).

I would say that is exactly the type of match you want to have right before a big matchup with national implications. Give em hell, Panthers!

Pitt held ND to .044 hitting for the entire match 🙀

24 kills / 19 errors / 133 total attempts ... oof

Really good day for Dalton, 11/3/20 for .400. Her best offensive performance since the second weekend. She also had 11 digs.

Pitt held ND to .044 hitting for the entire match 🙀

24 kills / 19 errors / 133 total attempts ... oof

Really good day for Dalton, 11/3/20 for .400. Her best offensive performance since the second weekend. She also had 11 digs.
This team is better than last years.Wheather that equates to another final four or beyond time will tell.They are so deep.

I hadn’t seen anything out of Jepsen before tonight. Every time she made a play, I had to ask who is that blonde out there crushing it. But, Fisher doesn’t appear to make mistakes recruiting in California. (See, e.g., Lund, Fairbanks.) Let’s hope that continues as he has 3 California recruits I believe in the 2023 class (one might be a 2024 recruit).

Dalton seems to have found a home as a back row hitter. That is an offensive wrinkle we haven’t had for a while. She also is really good at digs, which is unusual for someone so tall.

I thought the first two sets were the best volleyball we have played this season. That surprised me. I was expecting them not to be focused and looking ahead to Louisville. They were totally dominant. Notre Dame looked shellshocked. Getting your attempted kill blocked back into your face must be the most embarrassing thing in volleyball for a striker. It happened to them twice. In one set.

In the third set, I thought Fisher experimented quite a bit, which is why they weren’t as dominant. But, there was no chance of ND winning a set, and ND knew it.

Louisville was better in the third set. But mainly Pitt played much worse. I didn’t think they could match the way they played the first two sets, but up 15-10 and then just started making poor plays. I can remember only 3 points Louisville got in their final 10 that weren’t from Pitt miscues.

Need to win the 4th. I don't want to see a 5th. I think Ville would have all the momentum then.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT