ADVERTISEMENT

The crazy steigy says we are going back at miller

Probably because he didn't start cheating at AZ. That said, Xavier always had the most talent in their league.

Are you totally discounting Miller’s work at Xavier without those big recruits?

Hey Guys, first time in here, im actually a UofA fan and decided to come over to see what you have heard about the miller rumors.

From what I am hearing on our board, its not very likely that Miller goes to pitt. I don't have any sources but those on our board. That being said, I would be surprised if Miller does go anywhere right now. Mainly due to overwhelming support Miller received from not just the UofA community but also the University AD and President. In an age where rumors cause individuals to run from the accused, the President and AD decided to fully stand behind Miller, which I would hope means alot to Miller. If Miller does decide to leave for Pitt, I wish him the best, as well as Pittsburgh, but just don't see it happening.

Reactions: paulbl99
Hey Guys, first time in here, im actually a UofA fan and decided to come over to see what you have heard about the miller rumors.

From what I am hearing on our board, its not very likely that Miller goes to pitt. I don't have any sources but those on our board. That being said, I would be surprised if Miller does go anywhere right now. Mainly due to overwhelming support Miller received from not just the UofA community but also the University AD and President. In an age where rumors cause individuals to run from the accused, the President and AD decided to fully stand behind Miller, which I would hope means alot to Miller. If Miller does decide to leave for Pitt, I wish him the best, as well as Pittsburgh, but just don't see it happening.

I actually believe you are completely correct here

If there is anything at all that anyone could say that would show why those people should never have anything at all to do with any Pitt athletic decision making it's that statement right there.

The only other statement that would be in the running would be when the same old fossils thought it was a good idea to dump Jamie Dixon and hire Kevin Stallings.
Well said

No... I think you got it backwards... Some of these guys were the ones who stepped in when Haymaker was fired and saw to it that Pederson didn't hire the next football coach... They were also the guys who didn't want Stallings...
So they got us Todd graham and pushed out Dixon.
Awesome

Here's what I take away from your comments.

Your president and trustees have stood behind your coach.....while the chancellor / trustees at our university want nothing to do with him.

Here's what I take away from your comments.

Your president and trustees have stood behind your coach.....while the chancellor / trustees at our university want nothing to do with him.
I believe his post. I just would never count out the possibility miller is trying HARD to bolt zona before possible sanctions come down. He apparently doesn't seem too worried he himself will get in trouble, but if he thinks the NCAA might find something that happened at UofA he won't give a hoot how loyal they were to him.

I believe his post. I just would never count out the possibility miller is trying HARD to bolt zona before possible sanctions come down. He apparently doesn't seem too worried he himself will get in trouble, but if he thinks the NCAA might find something that happened at UofA he won't give a hoot how loyal they were to him.
Having all his commits bolt along with his staff who either left for other jobs or are indicted.

DIXON couldn't win in the ACC, he was trending down , his replacement will be like the one we are getting ready to hire, bet on that washer

Reactions: paulbl99
Yep, sounds like just the place Sean miller would be loyal to.

Miller has lost one coach who was fired due to the the FBI investigation, another one (Lorenzo Lomar) who was an ex head coach at Washington that everyone knew was going to be only a one year hire, who took a head coaching position with Pepperdine, the school he coached prior to Washington. He still has his third coach who currently is out on the recruiting trail with him

As far as players, out of the two commits he had for 2018, 1 has committed to UCLA and the other has reopened his recruitment but experts still believe he will pick Arizona.

Probably because he didn't start cheating at AZ. That said, Xavier always had the most talent in their league.

Miller didn't have to cheat at Xavier, the basketball team already had a reputation for winning and making the NCAA tournament most years. Two very appealing selling points to high school prospects.

Thad Matta took Xavier to an elite 8 before Sean took over. The two coaches before Matta were always winning 20+ games a season and also getting X into the NCAA tournament on a regular basis.

Jamie Dixon wins a lot of games, but struggles in the tournament. Does it without big recruits.
Sean Miller wins a lot of games, but struggles in the tournament. Did it WITH big-time recruits, with the help of a guy standing in the shadows with an illegal checkbook.

Can Miller recruit without illegal payments? Don't know. What I do know, is that even with big-time recruits, he can't win in the tournament.

Add in the FBI investigation, and...
I assume by 'can't win in the tournament' you mean that Miller hasn't made the Final Four. But he has reached the Elite 8 four times. Three other Miller teams have lost in the Sweet 16. It's not like he is losing in the Round of 64 or the Round of 32 every year.

He has no commitments for the next two classes.
Rebuttal?
Puts him only very slightly behind where Dixon was in recruiting his last 3 years at Pitt. How’s that?

If the guy isn’t about to go to prison or be severely sanctioned by the NCAA, he would be a no-brainer hire and by far the best Pitt could ever hope to get. Like him or not, he’s a far better hire for Pitt than Hurley, light years better than the rest of the names in the mix.

But if he’s in trouble, Pitt can’t hire him. It would be idiotic. And if he isn’t in trouble, why the hell would he leave one of the most coveted jobs in college basketball for this disaster of a program?

I’ll believe it when I see it.

Reactions: FireballZ
I have no doubt that's true. Some of them are the guys that brought us Kevin Stallings, and he carried us to depths the program has never seen before.

You want the guys responsible for Kevin Stallings having any sort of real input in the decision making this time? Really?
You’re not suggesting that any of these shadow players were hoping to get Stallings if/when they pushed to get rid of Dixon, are you? Do you think any Pitt booster or fan was satisfied with that hire?

Jamie Dixon wins a lot of games, but struggles in the tournament. Does it without big recruits.
Sean Miller wins a lot of games, but struggles in the tournament. Did it WITH big-time recruits, with the help of a guy standing in the shadows with an illegal checkbook.

Can Miller recruit without illegal payments? Don't know. What I do know, is that even with big-time recruits, he can't win in the tournament.

Add in the FBI investigation, and...
He's done plenty well. At the very least, he'll get us back to the JD peak years this decade. No brainer.

Yet, this will never, ever, happen...

Puts him only very slightly behind where Dixon was in recruiting his last 3 years at Pitt. How’s that?

If the guy isn’t about to go to prison or be severely sanctioned by the NCAA, he would be a no-brainer hire and by far the best Pitt could ever hope to get. Like him or not, he’s a far better hire for Pitt than Hurley, light years better than the rest of the names in the mix.

But if he’s in trouble, Pitt can’t hire him. It would be idiotic. And if he isn’t in trouble, why the hell would he leave one of the most coveted jobs in college basketball for this disaster of a program?

I’ll believe it when I see it.
That’s a lot of words to say nothing

It’s the middle of the night,
And you are thinking about Dixon-
Even though I didn’t mention him
No, I'm watching you with your hands in the cookie jar, chemist(the jar that you said was off limits)...and now you're trying to figure out how you explain away your obsession.

That’s a lot of words to say nothing
Sometimes a picture says more.

nix3-JM-900x601.jpg

so would you agree that the sentiment of the Arizona fanbase is that they are not holding pitchforks and pushing him out the door?

the thing I don't understand from the Pitt base is that if he is not being schittcanned popularity-wise and the administration has his back at Arizona why in the hell would he want to come to Pitt?

so would you agree that the sentiment of the Arizona fanbase is that they are not holding pitchforks and pushing him out the door?

the thing I don't understand from the Pitt base is that if he is not being schittcanned popularity-wise and the administration has his back at Arizona why in the hell would he want to come to Pitt?

While there are people that would like to see a fresh start, the overwhelming majority is in support of Miller. At his first game back from sitting out the Oregon game he was met with a standing ovation by a sell out crowd. More people here were calling for the head of the sports reporter that was talking negatively towards Miller than calling for Miller to leave. In addition the boosters really like him too and fully supported keeping him.

That being said, don’t get me wrong, some people are tired of the no final four appearances, but he still has the fan base that wants him here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT