ADVERTISEMENT

The crazy steigy says we are going back at miller

John knows the Miller family

millerowie_001_were_the_millers.jpg

Jamie Dixon wins a lot of games, but struggles in the tournament. Does it without big recruits.
Sean Miller wins a lot of games, but struggles in the tournament. Did it WITH big-time recruits, with the help of a guy standing in the shadows with an illegal checkbook.

Can Miller recruit without illegal payments? Don't know. What I do know, is that even with big-time recruits, he can't win in the tournament.

Add in the FBI investigation, and...

Just take note, miller carefully worded that tweet yesterday. You've never a heard coach tell his school he's fully committed, then turn around and bolt?

Reactions: TD_istheman
Jamie Dixon wins a lot of games, but struggles in the tournament. Does it without big recruits.
Sean Miller wins a lot of games, but struggles in the tournament. Did it WITH big-time recruits, with the help of a guy standing in the shadows with an illegal checkbook.

Can Miller recruit without illegal payments? Don't know. What I do know, is that even with big-time recruits, he can't win in the tournament.

Are you totally discounting Miller’s work at Xavier without those big recruits?

Reactions: Drax1975
Steigy's tweet becomes a bit more believable after the announcement of the Friday meeting. Would not be surprised to hear the big wigs are upset with Pitt regarding miller, Heather struck out with Hurley and they want their guy. If miller is discussed at all in this meeting it's a huge turning point for the future of Pitt athletics.

Reactions: NickPanthers
Steigy's tweet becomes a bit more believable after the announcement of the Friday meeting. Would not be surprised to hear the big wigs are upset with Pitt regarding miller, Heather struck out with Hurley and they want their guy. If miller is discussed at all in this meeting it's a huge turning point for the future of Pitt athletics.
The meeting was on the schedule for awhile. Steigerwald is probably just taking a guess.

Reactions: Pittx9
If it is true. Hilarious.

If it's not true. Hilarious.

Either way. Circus act.

Here's the skinny.... When Sean Miller tweeted he was not a candidate he received some calls from members of the "athletic board" asking him why he wasn't interested. He said he didn't say he wasn't interested, he said he wasn't a candidate because that's what he was told by Lyke.

Now the old fossils who donate the big bucks are very fond of Sean Miller, but they also like his dad as well. The meeting is to "review the candidates" but the discussion is about why Lyke and Gallagher won't hire Sean when he has vehemently denied the charges.... Should be interesting... My guess is, if Miller is truly interested, he'll be the next HC.

Yes the meeting was scheduled, but Miller will be the main topic...

BULLSEYE!

Here's the skinny.... When Sean Miller tweeted he was not a candidate he received some calls from members of the "athletic board" asking him why he wasn't interested. He said he didn't say he wasn't interested, he said he wasn't a candidate because that's what he was told by Lyke.

Now the old fossils who donate the big bucks are very fond of Sean Miller, but they also like his dad as well. The meeting is to "review the candidates" but the discussion is about why Lyke and Gallagher won't hire Sean when he has vehemently denied the charges.... Should be interesting... My guess is, if Miller is truly interested, he'll be the next HC.

Sounds like if Miller is hired Lyke will be back at EMU cutting the EMU sports budget.
There will be a zero level relationship between Miller and Lyke.

To be honest, for this to even get to this point where miller is being discussed so much, they had to have not really found anything on him. If it was anything more than worrying the FBI nabs him over the alleged phone call, I think Pitt gives a definitive no and everybody shuts up.

Pretty much all of Miller's incoming recruits decommited for this coming year... If he is indeed the guy for the Pitt job, they had better make sure Sean can prove he has some good recruits lined up and willing to commit to him and Pitt.

Last edited:
Pretty much all of Miller's incoming recruits decommired for this coming year... If he is indeed the guy for the Pitt job, they had better make sure Sean can prove he has some good recruits lined up and willing to commit to him and Pitt.

I wouldn’t cry too much for Arizona.

Former Duke 5 star Chase Jeter will be eligible next season and I saw Miller had a couple home visits with 4 star guys today. Add in a couple other guys they supposedly have a good shot at and Arizona will still have a decent recruiting class next year.

I wouldn’t expect any of those guys to follow Miller though.

Now the old fossils who donate the big bucks are very fond of Sean Miller, but they also like his dad as well.

If there is anything at all that anyone could say that would show why those people should never have anything at all to do with any Pitt athletic decision making it's that statement right there.

The only other statement that would be in the running would be when the same old fossils thought it was a good idea to dump Jamie Dixon and hire Kevin Stallings.

No comparison. MILLER is far superior.

If there is anything at all that anyone could say that would show why those people should never have anything at all to do with any Pitt athletic decision making it's that statement right there.

The only other statement that would be in the running would be when the same old fossils thought it was a good idea to dump Jamie Dixon and hire Kevin Stallings.

Naive?
Maybe the old fossils have a major voice because it is they who are carrying the program. You too, can be have an impact if you fork up big bucks. Everyone here who thinks that they have all the answers and should be heard is a little child, crying in the wilderness.
It's like campaign contributions. You need to pay to play.

Maybe the old fossils have a major voice because it is they who are carrying the program.

I have no doubt that's true. Some of them are the guys that brought us Kevin Stallings, and he carried us to depths the program has never seen before.

You want the guys responsible for Kevin Stallings having any sort of real input in the decision making this time? Really?

I don't care how much money you donate, what could ever make anyone think stallings was an upgrade over Dixon? Maybe stallings was the only coach they felt wasn't a threat to steal their wives because that is the only criteria when looking for a coach that someone should've said, "yep, that guy."

I don't get the Miller gets bounced early rep. Dixon was HC at Pitt for 13 years, made two Sweet 16s and one Elite 8. In 14 years, Miller made three Sweet 16s and four Elite 8s. Tournament success isn't even close between those two.

I have no doubt that's true. Some of them are the guys that brought us Kevin Stallings, and he carried us to depths the program has never seen before.

You want the guys responsible for Kevin Stallings having any sort of real input in the decision making this time? Really?

No... I think you got it backwards... Some of these guys were the ones who stepped in when Haymaker was fired and saw to it that Pederson didn't hire the next football coach... They were also the guys who didn't want Stallings...

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
No... I think you got it backwards... Some of these guys were the ones who stepped in when Haymaker was fired and saw to it that Pederson didn't hire the next football coach... They were also the guys who didn't want Stallings...

LOL Haymaker! That was a good one!

They were the guys who were in Barnes' ear from almost literally day one that they needed to move on from Jamie Dixon. They are the pretty much directly responsible for the Kevin Stallings Error. The fact that anyone wants the people partly responsible for the mess that we are in doing anything other than providing some money so the school can try to buy it's way out of their mess is incredible.

Reactions: HailToPitt1985
I wouldn’t cry too much for Arizona.

Former Duke 5 star Chase Jeter will be eligible next season and I saw Miller had a couple home visits with 4 star guys today. Add in a couple other guys they supposedly have a good shot at and Arizona will still have a decent recruiting class next year.

I wouldn’t expect any of those guys to follow Miller though.

Two questions Pitt needs to get answered before they would consider hiring Miller:

Are any 4 star prospects Miller is currently recruiting willing to take the chance of being associated with him, while the FBI investigation is still going on?

Would any of those prospects be willing to follow Miller to Pittsburgh, if he takes the job?

ADVERTISEMENT