ADVERTISEMENT

The death of Pitt BB vs Louisville 1/24/17

Pitt2006

Sophomore
Jun 19, 2018
Would love for Pitt to blow out Louisville 6 years after what I consider to be the worst loss in my memory. Doubled up with a senior laden team and future 1st NBA rounder. I honestly wonder how Capel would have done with that group. They were 4-14 in ACC. For as much crap and lack of talent by Capel, he was still able to muster 3, 6, 6 6, wins. A home win avoids the quad 4 loss and almost assures a tourney bid. Also assures at least 10-10 in conference. Credit to Capel for finally righting the ship.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
I'm hoping for a game in which the walk-ons get to play a couple minutes. They haven't been in a game since December.

We beat Louisville by 21 at Louisville, and we didn't even play particularly well in doing so. Would be nice for some guys who work hard in practice to get some minutes - and also for some starters to get a blow and not have to play 36+ minutes every game.

Reactions: Harlo4PITT
I'm hoping for a game in which the walk-ons get to play a couple minutes. They haven't been in a game since December.

We beat Louisville by 21 at Louisville, and we didn't even play particularly well in doing so. Would be nice for some guys who work hard in practice to get some minutes - and also for some starters to get a blow and not have to play 36+ minutes every game.
My hope as well.

Let's just get a W first. Walk-ons are having a blast just riding the highs of how the season is unfolding. Louisville has some really athletic kids. Let's not look past anyone from here on out.

H2 PITT !!!
Stop it. We fans can speculate all we want. We can look past anyone we want. We aren't the coaches or players, we have zero impact on the outcome of any game. At all.

We can look ahead. It is what fans do.

What did I say other than to try not reading our press clippings just yet. Talking about blowing out ACC opponents is a bit premature given that anyone can beat anyone in this league.
But then again you can daydream all you want.

H2 PITT !!!

Reactions: HailToPitt1985
Except for the L'ville game, all of our ACC games have been close. GT was close until later in the game, I believe. We can't and shouldn't take any of our remaining games as givens in the win column, including L'ville. It would be nice to run up the score on them and everyone if we get the chance, that's for sure. Let's just win first. This NCAAT talk is all fun and entertaining. But we haven't done anything yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT