ADVERTISEMENT

The eye test

Chairman Moe

All Conference
Nov 4, 2003
Just around the corner from Paradise
Four things:

1) FSU is not a Quad 4 team regardless of their record. They're a more than decent team; their coach called a critical timeout in the early part of the game (15-5), and the adjustments they made were reflected in the final score

2) Until the whole Quad 1-4 came into the NCAA Basketball jargon, a loss at home felt bad, regardless of who Pitt played that day. A "good loss" versus a "bad loss" is still a loss, but with the metrics used to determine who's in/out come tournament time, Pitt better hope that FSU's record keeps getting better

3) After watching the game, I agree now with several posters that the Oakland Zoo is a shell of its former self despite the large turnout of students. I'm hope those who have been regular ticket holders over the past decade or so will comment. The Zoo was never the equal of the Cameron Crazies but they weren't far off

4) TCU loses to WVU, who at the time had yet to win a conference game, and the goes on to beat #2 Kansas, on the road, by double digits

The only predictable thing about NCAA men's basketball is the unpredictability

Four things:

1) FSU is not a Quad 4 team regardless of their record. They're a more than decent team; their coach called a critical timeout in the early part of the game (15-5), and the adjustments they made were reflected in the final score

2) Until the whole Quad 1-4 came into the NCAA Basketball jargon, a loss at home felt bad, regardless of who Pitt played that day. A "good loss" versus a "bad loss" is still a loss, but with the metrics used to determine who's in/out come tournament time, Pitt better hope that FSU's record keeps getting better

3) After watching the game, I agree now with several posters that the Oakland Zoo is a shell of its former self despite the large turnout of students. I'm hope those who have been regular ticket holders over the past decade or so will comment. The Zoo was never the equal of the Cameron Crazies but they weren't far off

4) TCU loses to WVU, who at the time had yet to win a conference game, and the goes on to beat #2 Kansas, on the road, by double digits

FSU has as much talent as Pitt or any bubble team. They should be sued by the ACC for effing their non-con so bad. They may go 9-11 in the ACC and be a Q4 loss.

Four things:

Spot on, Chairman.

In reference to well timed timeout, Hamilton made a perfect one in the second half when Pitt took the lead. It was almost immediately piggybacked with a media timeout and it basically sucked all of the momentum away from Pitt. That was basically a 10 minute timeout and momentum was lost.

In reference to well timed timeout, Hamilton made a perfect one in the second half when Pitt took the lead. It was almost immediately piggybacked with a media timeout and it basically sucked all of the momentum away from Pitt. That was basically a 10 minute timeout and momentum was lost.
Bingo.

Did FSU have injuries or suspensions to start the season? I just can't understand their non conference record and losses and then be 5-4 in ACC play

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT