ADVERTISEMENT

The Field House Board

Kreitzer

Redshirt
Jul 5, 2001
This is, in my opinion, the best Pitt message board. Thank you, Panther-Lair. There is no “OT” BS. Very little bashing of our program, coaches, and athletes. Some have disagreed with Mike412, but I appreciate his posts. Most of the posts are well informed and respectful. That’s a No-shitter, because wrestlers and ex-wrestlers are a special group of people. I am not a Pitt wrestling alumnus, but I hope and think that this board will build support and donations for this sleeping giant.

I hope it is not too late to build a super program but I wonder if it is with UPS having such a huge head start.

I hope it is not too late to build a super program but I wonder if it is with UPS having such a huge head start.

It is never too late but it is a matter of money and unless a big donor steps up Pitt will never be in the league with PSU. Now with said no one else in the sport is remotely close to PSU in the finance department so getting competitive with everyone else is attainable.

Reactions: Chaos
Really the immediate goal should be a top 10 program. We have the recruiting area to do it and the training center in place(Important in taking the next step). Having Nico committed to the training center is a great start. Gavin definitely has a vision with his experiences at Ohio State and that training center. As a world competitor he understands what is needed to get great recruits excited about Pitt and put them in an environment to be a champion. No doubt, from being at the Nationals there is a "buzz" with the emerging Pitt program. The turn around was dramatic and quick. People from other power 5 schools telling me that Pitt is turning it around. Money is important and building that training center critical. Exciting future ahead. ACC conference is getting better and better, and that helps on a National perspective. Good days ahead. This board is going to grow, cause wrestling is a big deal in this area and many are starting to pay attention again to the program. We have a young team with some rising stars who will break through next year.

Reactions: jctrack and persp
ADVERTISEMENT