ADVERTISEMENT

The line for our PANTHERS vs Austin Peay...

My guess is -15

The Central Arkansas team that beat the Peays the first game of the season was a 20 point underdog last night against UAB, so if you see a line anywhere close to 15 get as much of your money on the Panthers that you can.

Ooh, he meant the O line.

They did cover and Narduzzi rarely if ever runs up the score.
Point taken but I would be surprised if Pitt wins by more than 21.

I agree; vanilla on O and D that leads to a close game.

But wouldn't it be nice to just once jump out to a huge lead, and get lots of backups playing time?

Yes. I’m not sure I even remember what that feels like.

I was being sarcastic mostly. Of course if we only win by a small margin you can bet that will be the company line.

Let’s hope for a convincing win. The spread should be 28 plus. Anything less than that would be an embarrassment...

Reactions: PITT4UDAD
I agree; vanilla on O and D that leads to a close game.

But wouldn't it be nice to just once jump out to a huge lead, and get lots of backups playing time?
This team has enough talent, experience and depth it should be able to just line up and beat this level team comfortably. Maybe not a "blowout," but there should be no mystery how it's going to end going into the fourth quarter.

Duzz has zero room to complain about being snubbed in the rankings if he doesn’t blow out the Peays. Enough with we don’t want to show our hand for the next game. good teams blow out non conf opponents every year and has little bearing on the next game. Have confidence in your players coach. Win 56-10 and you will begin to get media and coaches votes in the polls.

It’s gonna take a game or two for the team to get rolling. And besides, Pitt rarely blows-out anybody, their past opener with Delaware the exception.

Pitt football has the (often fan-frustrating) habit of playing to the level of their opponents. This is why I’ve often recommend that bettors avoid betting all Pitt games. For every upset of Clemson, there’s a nail~biter against some “buy-a-win” opponent.

It’s gonna take a game or two for the team to get rolling. And besides, Pitt rarely blows-out anybody, their past opener with Delaware the exception.

Pitt football has the (often fan-frustrating) habit of playing to the level of their opponents. This is why I’ve often recommend that bettors avoid betting all Pitt games. For every upset of Clemson, there’s a nail~biter against some “buy-a-win” opponent.

Vegas knows this too. I have made a ton of money off of pitt recently because some of these games

Vanilla make no sense since there's a years worth of film on Pitt's offense.
I was going to say the same thing. The reason why we went conservative the years before was due to out of conference matchups against good teams.
Every team in the ACC knows exactly what we run on both sides of the ball

I was going to say the same thing. The reason why we went conservative the years before was due to out of conference matchups against good teams.
Every team in the ACC knows exactly what we run on both sides of the ball

I tend to agree but we may have a TE that is a contributor since Scott that the ball may be thrown to.. next Saturday can't get here soon enough.

H2P

Pitt might be fortunate to avoid the game at Marshall. Watching the Herd's opener, I couldn't help think of all the times a similar winnable road game against a decent opponent turned into disaster.

Reactions: ratking17
I laugh every year at this “we’re being vanilla on purpose !” Meme

how often has there been been some big surprise offensive reveal ? The penn state 2016 game?

I mean the more variety of things ya put on tape - the harder to prepare for you are.

Pitt should be able to lay 40 on AP with the second team and calling the plays at the line of scrimmage. The physical difference should be that apparent.

Reactions: Jeffburgh
The Central Arkansas team that beat the Peays the first game of the season was a 20 point underdog last night against UAB, so if you see a line anywhere close to 15 get as much of your money on the Panthers that you can.

Ooh, he meant the O line.
Panthers usually win games like this 20-17.

Duzz has zero room to complain about being snubbed in the rankings if he doesn’t stop losing winnable games like the Sun Bowl or BC and Miami last year. Enough with we don’t want to show our hand for the next game. good teams blow out non conf opponents every year and has little bearing on the next game. Have confidence in your players coach. Win 56-10 and you will begin to get media and coaches votes in the polls.

Fixed that for you. Whether the beat Austin Peay by 1 or 101 it won’t make much difference. The problem has been that too often Pitt “keeps it vanilla” in games that could actually get them votes if they had won.

ADVERTISEMENT