the msm and nyt LOVE the virus

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by caleco's, Mar 30, 2020.

1. caleco's

caleco's All American
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

after reading the phrasing of the headline and then article how could anyone NOT think they just love to slam him. the montana gov is running low... trump says we will be in a spot to help other countries..... BUT he it is portayed like he "promises" to ship ventilators out tomorrow.
    how does this not show bias and agenda pushing
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/03/30/world/coronavirus-live-news-updates.amp.html

how about. "testing outpacing the world and ventilator production churning"

"cuomo sitting on 30k ventilators and counting."

TFBaum, Jim Z and ONGB like this.
  2. ONGB

ONGB All American
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

They try to dunk on him for anything and end up looking like asses 90% of the time.
    Just like Maddow last week about the Navy ship.
    The MSM...a disgusting agenda driven bunch of tools and their TDS laden useful idiots suck it up.

TFBaum and Jim Z like this.
  3. joeydavid

joeydavid Heisman Winner
    Expand Collapse

Why do you keep repeating this?- cuomo sitting on 30k ventilators and counting-

4. NCPitt

NCPitt Lair Hall of Famer
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

“Somebody said one of the cable news shows, the ventilators that New York needed aren’t even being deployed — they’re in a stockpile,” Cuomo responded Friday, without naming Trump or Birx.

“Yes, they’re in a stockpile because that’s where they’re supposed to be because we don’t need them yet. We need them for the apex. The apex isn’t here so we’re gathering them in the stockpile so when we need them they will be there,” the governor explained. “We don’t need them today because we’re not at capacity today."

"You need them when you hit the apex, which is 30,000. We're not there yet."

caleco's likes this.
  5. caleco's

caleco's All American
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

.....and there it is....... damn beat me to it!

6. joeydavid

joeydavid Heisman Winner
    Expand Collapse

That's not what you are quoting.

He said that they will need 30k at the apex in appx 3 weeks. They had a few hundred in their stockpile waiting to be deployed as needed. The total has been going up through purchases.

It's the difference from what they currently have and what they expect to need (30k) not that they already have 30k in a stockpile.

He's been very clear about this so im not sure why you are confused.

UP_WarStreets likes this.
  7. NCPitt

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

How many are in the stockpile?

Vedderman87 likes this.
  8. caleco's

caleco's All American
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

30k lol.....

9. NCPitt

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

He doesn't know because Cuomo never said.

Even if it isn't 30k, joey's quibbling about the number rather than the principle of Cuomo hoarding equipment for potential future use when other states' situations are more dire. Louisiana is projected to run out of ventilators in less than 4 days. Yet they sit in a warehouse in Edison, NJ.

10. joeydavid

joeydavid Heisman Winner
    Expand Collapse

Funny that you convinced someone other than yourself of your mistake.

11. NCPitt

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

How many are stockpiled?

Cuomo convinced me.

12. SoufOaklin4Life

SoufOaklin4Life Lair Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

If you think anyone’s concern about this pandemic is about trump’s reelection -
    You’re misguided

13. recruitsreadtheseboards

recruitsreadtheseboards Lair Hall of Famer
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

No. I do think the media is relishing this as away to get Trump out. I do. Being that alot of the media is centered in NYC, obviously this is more real for them than any of us. So they are focusing more on it, and they aren't exaggerating it, fr NYC, but for most of the county, it is, at least right now.

But they are inferring and throwing blame at Trump, all at Trump, just like Katrina was W's fault and no one else. Local and state levels have some culpability. Those were Democratic mayors and Governors who allowed St Paddys Day celebrations, Mardi Gras to go on after it was apparent what was upon us. There is blood on both sides of the aisles, there is also, that same thing as 9/11, where it is a "failure of imagination" by not just politicians, but ALL OF US. It can't happen here. It can and it is.

Jim Z, ONGB and FireballZ like this.
  14. joeydavid

joeydavid Heisman Winner
    Expand Collapse

The media has every right to hold Trump accountable to his own words and actions. It's really a pointless act because he has no reasonable explanation for his comments and lack of urgency for 6 weeks- him lashing out like 5 year old is old news.

Not to say that others couldn't have done more early on but everyone should take Trump's own thoughts on the matter - that all of this ultimately falls on him.

[​IMG]

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump

Leadership: Whatever happens, you're responsible. If it doesn't happen, you're responsible.
    2:01 PM · Nov 8, 2013

15. recruitsreadtheseboards

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

At this point, shouldn't be about the present and what transpires next? Just rehashing the past is not resolving anything. There will be plenty of time for Post Mortem after this is under control.

When the planes crashed into the buildings on 9/11, the press didn't daily badger Bush on how he let this happen.

Jim Z likes this.
  16. joeydavid

joeydavid Heisman Winner
    Expand Collapse

I think there's a great distinction between the the two. Bush didn't stand in front of the American people lying on a daily basis and I don't think anyone had reason to question Bush about always putting the country ahead of himself.

All trump needs to do is admit what everyone already knows- he's concerned about his re-election and made some critical miscalculations in the first 6 weeks. Instead he's blaming everyone else for his failures and politicizing this mess.

I agree it's a futile act to ask him for an honest assessment. He's not a normal human and can't handle even the slightest critical critique.

17. recruitsreadtheseboards

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Why does he have to "admit" that? What good does that do right now? And you know I am not a Trump defender. Does no good. He knows it is serious, and he is right to a point, he didn't want to cause panic.

As for all the supplies, and what transpired, I am not sure all of the blame is on the Feds, we have seen local govts are just as capable of being incompetent and playing politics as the Federal Government.

caleco's likes this.
  18. SoufOaklin4Life

Expand Collapse

The reason it’s at such a critical stage was because of the early 2 months of mishandling it .

if bush was warned 2 months before 9:11 specifically about the planes - and publically downplayed the risks

Do you think the media narrative would have been different ?

this isn’t a single tragic event -
    This was a slow train heading to American with plenty of advanced warning

19. joeydavid

joeydavid Heisman Winner
    Expand Collapse

He would gain some credibility. Credibility is important for a president.

20. NCPitt

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I'll ask again. What actions should have been taken, on what date, and based on what information available at the time? No benefit of hindsight and please provide specifics.

Btw, I'm not implying that mistakes weren't made. I'm just curious if you something specific in mind or just making a general criticism based on your hatred of Trump. I suspect its the latter.

Jim Z likes this.
  21. NCPitt

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Same post for you.

What actions should have been taken, on what date, and based on what information available at the time? No benefit of hindsight and please provide specifics.

Btw, I'm not implying that mistakes weren't made. In your case, we know that you're charges are based on bias.

22. NCPitt

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

He would gain nothing from his opponents. They would gain a new talking point.

Jim Z likes this.
  23. joeydavid

joeydavid Heisman Winner
    Expand Collapse

You can judge the actions taken in the context of what other countries with less resources at the same time. South Korea got done in a week what took us a month. The lack of widespread testing which is still problematic. The CDC still hasn't officially recommended wearing masks in public which is puzzling to other parts of the world.

Most non-trumpians agree that this will be a case study for how to not handle a pandemic in the future. The numbers to date alone seem to support that thought.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/28/trump-coronavirus-politics-us-health-disaster

24. NCPitt

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Sorry but that didn’t answer my question.

25. HailToPitt1985

HailToPitt1985 Head Coach
    Expand Collapse

These threads injecting politics into such a serious situation are meaningless and silly. Get off your high horses and quit politicizing such a serious situation!! This has nothing to do with politics. And I'd say the same thing to Trump. He needs to forget the MSM and get things done to help the American people.

26. BPKY

BPKY Head Coach
    Expand Collapse

The POTUS is not responsible for how states react to an epidemic, nor how well they prepared. He is responsible for the borders.

ONGB likes this.
  27. Jim Z

Jim Z Sophomore
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Korea is right next door to the source and a fraction of our size so its really a ridiculous comparison. When Trump closed down travel with China did you agree with Schumer and Pelosi that it was racist? Or were you like Congress too busy following the impeachment to concern yourself with the virus?

ONGB likes this.
  28. HailToPitt1985

HailToPitt1985 Head Coach
    Expand Collapse

Both charging racism and engaging in impeachment talk are illustrations of how the MSM and the left politicized this whole issue. They still are. That's why I have no time to listen to any of them now. This isn't the time to be listening to anything the MSM says. They have a warped, biased agenda.

29. joeydavid

joeydavid Heisman Winner
    Expand Collapse

This has already been address- just because Trump makes stuff up, it doesn't mean it's true.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/the-facts-on-trumps-travel-restrictions/

30. Jim Z

Jim Z Sophomore
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

31. SoufOaklin4Life

Expand Collapse

I’ve answered this several times - and was sounding alarm bells here before stay at home orders

1. test and screen every traveler , health care provider , and contact with a positive test.
    2. Actually using the defense production act to sclaje ppe production in January .
    3. Communicate the risks and guidance to governors immediately to restrict large group events .
    4. Create a national network for ppe distribution - so states aren’t bidding against each other .

joeydavid likes this.
  32. SoufOaklin4Life

Expand Collapse

Because restricting travel from China ( commercial - not trade ) after the virus was here was the proverbial closing the barn door after the horse escaped

33. Jim Z

Jim Z Sophomore
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

And as I recall you were all onboard with Trump's "trade war" NOT

34. SoufOaklin4Life

Expand Collapse

Taxing imports isn’t stopping imports - it’s
    So that’s a silly deflection

35. recruitsreadtheseboards

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Souf, honestly, what should have Trump done. When he shut down flights from China, he was labeled racist by your people. If he was way ahead of the curve and put into these social distance and other parameters he would be accused of turning this into a police state and dicatatorship.

Now you can argue, but that's leadership to do what is best over what is popular. You tell me a politician who does this as a rule, I will give you a line or two of notebook paper because there would not need to be as much space.

Now.....the PPE and ventilators preparations, etc.....ok. But perhaps if China was providing more true information, maybe we would have also taken this a bit more seriously. I am not absolving Trump. But again, Trump, Cuomo, the NYC mayor who's name escapes me at this moment, and well, ALL OF US, had a "failure of imagination" again, because none of us lived through something like this and most of us assumed in such a civilized, advanced country like the US, we could handle it.

So yeah, Trump definitely could have done a better job. Politics shouldn't have come into play. We know who we are dealing with, maybe Cuomo should have kissed Trump's ass a bit. We know how the narcissist responds to this. So....well here we are.

36. SoufOaklin4Life

Expand Collapse

Read above

it was a failure of presidential leadership

Read “the lost month “ piece in the nyt

37. Jim Z

Jim Z Sophomore
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Unfortunately we have become dependent on Chinese imports for essential products(pharmaceuticals,gloves, etc) but Im sure when this crisis is over you'll be onboard with increasing tarriffs and bringing the production of these and other products back to the USA

38. NCPitt

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Another who won’t answer the question. You’re viewing it in hindsight and I can’t take you seriously.

39. recruitsreadtheseboards

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Blocked by a paywall

40. joeydavid

joeydavid Heisman Winner
    Expand Collapse

One, I'm not a dem nor have I ever been. Two, read the factcheck.org link.