ADVERTISEMENT

The next eight games are VERY important

HailToPitt725

Head Coach
May 16, 2016
Not just for this season, but the program itself on a macro level. If the Steelers end up stumbling and finishing below .500, Pitt has a great opportunity to bring in some casual football fans in the city down the stretch.

There couldn’t be a better year for the ACC to be “up for grabs.” If they can generate some excitement, perhaps that could give the program a boost going forward if the Steelers end up going into a “reload” (since they don’t like to use the term rebuild). That starts this week… beat Georgia Tech! H2P.

Not just for this season, but the program itself on a macro level. If the Steelers end up stumbling and finishing below .500, Pitt has a great opportunity to bring in some casual football fans in the city down the stretch.

There couldn’t be a better year for the ACC to be “up for grabs.” If they can generate some excitement, perhaps that could give the program a boost going forward if the Steelers end up going into a “reload” (since they don’t like to use the term rebuild). That starts this week… beat Georgia Tech! H2P.
You’re right, but I just don’t think we have the coaches to capitalize.
Before you all beat up on me, I’ll be the happiest guy in the world if we go 6-2 in the ACC, win the Coastal, and make a good show in the ACC Championship game. I just honestly don’t think it’s likely 😥

Before you all beat up on me, I’ll be the happiest guy in the world if we go 6-2 in the ACC, win the Coastal, and make a good show in the ACC Championship game. I just honestly don’t think it’s likely 😥
I guess I’ll play devils advocate, I thought Pitt was still the best team in the Coastal even after the WMU loss. It’s a really, really, really lousy P5 division and none of those other teams seem to even have a pulse.

I admit that they have to prove themselves this week. No beef with your assessment.

If only Narduzzi could elevate his game as a HC the way Kenny has elevated his game as a QB.

That could be the difference between 7/8 wins and 9/10 wins.
This is shaping up to be a great opportunity for a breakthrough season (9-10 wins). Again, if it doesn’t happen this year, when will it happen? Every game is winnable.

The team was ready to play Saturday. However, the coaching staff has got to have the team ready to play EVERY GAME. I don’t want to hear during a post game conference that “I thought we were ready to play” coming from Narduzzi.

This is shaping up to be a great opportunity for a breakthrough season (9-10 wins). Again, if it doesn’t happen this year, when will it happen? Every game is winnable.

The team was ready to play Saturday. However, the coaching staff has got to have the team ready to play EVERY GAME. I don’t want to hear during a post game conference that “I thought we were ready to play” coming from Narduzzi.
It is the policy of this Board that any and every word coming out of Narduzzis mouth is “coach speak”, nothing more nothing less. Consequently, nothing he says can be taken as either truth or lies. Conclusion: What he says is meaningless. How the team performs within the scope of their abilities will tell you all you need to know.
As for me, I just hope he keeps his fat mouth shut long enough to avoid incurring a senseless unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.
But then again, he loves the sound of his own voice.

Reactions: pittmeister
6-2 in this conference is the very least we should demand of Narduzzi

Reactions: Saboteur II
It is the policy of this Board that any and every word coming out of Narduzzis mouth is “coach speak”, nothing more nothing less. Consequently, nothing he says can be taken as either truth or lies. Conclusion: What he says is meaningless. How the team performs within the scope of their abilities will tell you all you need to know.
As for me, I just hope he keeps his fat mouth shut long enough to avoid incurring a senseless unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.
But then again, he loves the sound of his own voice.

TBH, there is no reason to ever take what any coach says at a press conference for face value Ever.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT