ADVERTISEMENT

The Neymartization of football

Fk_Pitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2007
This is Neymar in a PRESEASON match yesterday. This has become a cancer to the sport and the sports biggest stars should be heavily punished for this kind of bullshit. He’s the worst of the influencers.

Reactions: bhoover
In his defense I have tweaked an ankle coming to a sudden stop like that. No need for contact to land on a foot wrong.

Because Associations and FIFA are pussies, if they were serious about knocking this crap out of the game, it'd be an automatic red card and to start 1 game suspension. You repeat like Neymar and Jackie Grealish, you get 2...and then 3.

I'm 110% convinced women take more a beating and just keep chugging along then men do.

Reactions: jctrack and Fk_Pitt
In his defense I have tweaked an ankle coming to a sudden stop like that. No need for contact to land on a foot wrong.
You must not watch much soccer. Especially Neymar. It is well known he spends more time rolling around on the pitch in agony than playing soccer. He did not land on his foot wrong, he purposely dove, it’s his act that happens every game.

You must not watch much soccer. Especially Neymar. It is well known he spends more time rolling around on the pitch in agony than playing soccer. He did not land on his foot wrong, he purposely dove, it’s his act that happens every game.
I'm very surprised he only stayed in one spot. Usually he rolls and rolls and rolls.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
The dude is a talent no doubt. But at some point, FIFA makes a statement. If it costs a team the World Cup because of his antics, maybe FIFA steps in and says something about it. There is a reason for VAR and goal line cameras. To assist the human eye and potential for error where inches matter. Every call for a PK seems to be reviewed by VAR for this very reason and they have really focused on handballs in the box. If a goal is reviewed for potential offsides, a called foul in the box should be reviewed and a card given when blatantly a dive with no contact. You see this sometimes not always with the card. FIFA tried to fix it, but you still see this kind of crap.

Reactions: persp
Because Associations and FIFA are pussies, if they were serious about knocking this crap out of the game, it'd be an automatic red card and to start 1 game suspension. You repeat like Neymar and Jackie Grealish, you get 2...and then 3.

I'm 110% convinced women take more a beating and just keep chugging along then men do.
I heard that an American pro league (forgive me as I’m not familiar with the tiers but it’s below USL) is experimenting with a rule that if you’re hurt, you have to come off for 3 minutes.

Reactions: jctrack
I heard that an American pro league (forgive me as I’m not familiar with the tiers but it’s below USL) is experimenting with a rule that if you’re hurt, you have to come off for 3 minutes.
My rule change:
If foul outside of box and embellishment: foul stands and the player who embellished gets a yellow.
If a foul in the box and embellishment: yellow card and the penalty is turned into a corners
If no foul and embellishment: Straight red

My rule change:
Every foul in the box and handball in the box called a PK needs review. If player purposely dove in the box with no contact that player is given a card and forced to sit out for 2 minutes. If the player roles around after a foul anywhere on the field to stop play or stop other teams momentum, player sits for 2 minutes.
With these rules Neymar plays and shows how great he really is, and Italy has to actually spend more time standing upright than laying down rolling in pain.

I dislocated an ankle jumping to spike a volleyball in an adult league, on the landing my ankle just seemed to explode, but you could tell I wasn't faking it because it was pointing in the wrong direction.

I dislocated an ankle jumping to spike a volleyball in an adult league, on the landing my ankle just seemed to explode, but you could tell I wasn't faking it because it was pointing in the wrong direction.
Your injury was legitimate. I ruptured my Achilles and couldn’t move my foot. It happened on the soccer field. I have high tolerance for pain and discomfort, I didn’t roll around, didn’t do anything but say, yeah, I ruptured my Achilles. When you know you know. Back to Neymar, his act would best be described as what a real person typically does when a bus hits them or they get shot by a bazooka.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Your injury was legitimate. I ruptured my Achilles and couldn’t move my foot. It happened on the soccer field. I have high tolerance for pain and discomfort, I didn’t roll around, didn’t do anything but say, yeah, I ruptured my Achilles. When you know you know. Back to Neymar, his act would best be described as what a real person typically does when a bus hits them or they get shot by a bazooka.
I didn't roll around, it was seriously legit, pain was so bad I bit through my lip until it bled, had tears in my eyes, just laid there until the paramedics came, after yelling F**K real loud a few times. I had to have immediate emergency surgery to avoid losing the foot, my ankle has a huge dent in it and nerve damage that is permanent.

I didn't roll around, it was seriously legit, pain was so bad I bit through my lip until it bled, had tears in my eyes, just laid there until the paramedics came, after yelling F**K real loud a few times. I had to have immediate emergency surgery to avoid losing the foot, my ankle has a huge dent in it and nerve damage that is permanent.
Ankle injuries are the worst.

I don’t want to like your post because it just sounds horrible. I did have a pretty significant arm injury. Dislocated and compound fracture of my elbow. Same situation where I needed immediate surgery. That was an easy repair with surgery and cast. But the Achilles is probably the worst recovery of any injury I had. Just annoying, took forever, and seemed like I would never get back to normal. No idea how these athletes bounce back from Achilles tears or other major leg injuries.

I don’t want to like your post because it just sounds horrible. I did have a pretty significant arm injury. Dislocated and compound fracture of my elbow. Same situation where I needed immediate surgery. That was an easy repair with surgery and cast. But the Achilles is probably the worst recovery of any injury I had. Just annoying, took forever, and seemed like I would never get back to normal. No idea how these athletes bounce back from Achilles tears or other major leg injuries.
I hear ya, it took me almost 5 months to walk again without crutches, I remember about a year after that the Steelers signed a DB who was a former 1st round pick, who was recovering from a dislocated ankle, I remember thinking "he's not going to make it", and he didn't make it past training camp and he was never heard from again, that injury is a nightmare. Jason Kendall of the Pirates had that injury too, he did come back and play a few years, but you never feel the same, of course I was 44 when it happened to me.

But the thing about professional athletes, recovering from the injury is their job, regular schmucks like us have work getting in the way of us working all day, daily rehabbing with personal trainers.

I hear ya, it took me almost 5 months to walk again without crutches, I remember about a year after that the Steelers signed a DB who was a former 1st round pick, who was recovering from a dislocated ankle, I remember thinking "he's not going to make it", and he didn't make it past training camp and he was never heard from again, that injury is a nightmare. Jason Kendall of the Pirates had that injury too, he did come back and play a few years, but you never feel the same, of course I was 44 when it happened to me.

But the thing about professional athletes, recovering from the injury is their job, regular schmucks like us have work getting in the way of us working all day, daily rehabbing with personal trainers.
I don’t do any jumping except jump rope, and I don’t do sprinting or bursts or hard change in direction. I bike nearly everyday and still run long miles. I can still race ultramarathons, but will not play soccer and wish I could play. I can train with my daughter but zero playing in a game or pickup.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT