ADVERTISEMENT

The only real negative fan behavior from PSU fans this weekend....

UPitt '89

Board of Trustee
Gold Member
Mar 14, 2002
...some asshole stole all the Pitt magnets off of my car while we were in the game. But at least they didn't key it, so that's a plus.

...The other thing was seeing two young boys... maybe aged 9 or 10... wearing "Shitt on Pitt" t-shirts. That was classy.

Other than that, here's a recap of my experience.

- The bar scene in town Friday night was ok. But just ok.

- The tailgating was good, and most PSU fans in the grass lots were friendly. But the constant background smell of mulch and/or cow manure wasn't great.

- The stadium absolutely, positively sucks ass. Take all of the worst things about old Pitt Stadium .... bench seating with very little room, disgusting bathrooms, piss-poor concessions, no beer sales, poor parking.... but none of the charm. They pipe in the music louder than any stadium I've ever been in, making the crowd sound louder than it is. The student section is loud and engaged, but I've been to 4 stadiums I considered more intimidating and impressive... ND, WVU, Clemson, and VT.
And Beaver was only slightly better than MSU.

-Ingress/Egress in and out of Creepy Valley was actually not bad. The cops do a good job of managing the emptying of the cow fields...er.. parking lots. Left the Stadium at 7:10, and got back home to Canonsburg by 9:45pm.

I'll go again in 2019, but only because Pitt is playing.

It is a shame we don't fill the place, because Heinz Field is better in every single respect than Beaver Stadium... the only thing Beaver Stadium has over it is a full house most games. Atmosphere at Heinz at last year's Pitt-PSU game was much better.

Last edited:
Have not been there in over 20 years, but seems spot on to me. I hate everything PSU, but even if neutral thought the stadium was crap and the whole gameday experience seemed overrated.

No one attacked my car there, but did have my door keyed at WVU Coliseum. Probably my Pitt license plate decal.

I would say similar to our crowd. Most were really nice. About 10 percent total jag offs.
Almost a few fights in Pitt section. Walking through campus many dorm rooms window stickers with choice words for Pitt but yeah we are just Akron to them with the largest crowd since 2009

ADVERTISEMENT