ADVERTISEMENT

The reaction to the potential of Stallings is why Dixon left

I don't think a poster on this message board would sway a recruit one way or the other. That is ridiculous. Especially with the current perception of Stallings and our program nationally. It's also beyond ridiculous how you make every excuse possible for Stallings. Seriously, blaming a message board? LOL!!!
Not blaming a message board for Pitts predicament , but it’s just another nail in the coffin .
Just because I actually believe that it’s much more difficult to recruit to an academic institution where the average student is brighter than just about everyone including the professors at Pitt doesn’t make me a KS apologist .
Or that I think the constant bashing doesn’t do a thing to make thinks better .
I’ve said this before and I believe that for Pitt to get out of this mess the quickest way is for KS to succeed and retire after his fourth yr . Fire him now and no one will touch this job .
You guys can throw out all the names you want , but right now this is a toxic job no established coach or hot up and comer are riding to the rescue .

Not blaming a message board for Pitts predicament , but it’s just another nail in the coffin .
Just because I actually believe that it’s much more difficult to recruit to an academic institution where the average student is brighter than just about everyone including the professors at Pitt doesn’t make me a KS apologist .
I’ve said this before and I believe that for Pitt to get out of this mess the quickest way is for KS to succeed and retire after his fourth yr . Fire him now and no one will touch this job .
You guys can throw out all the names you want , but right now this is a toxic job no established coach or hot up and comer are riding to the rescue .

Saying the student body at Vandy is on average smarter than the faculty at Pitt is both hyperbolic and moronic. Your point has no basis and now you’re just being dumb.

Saying the student body at Vandy is on average smarter than the faculty at Pitt is both hyperbolic and moronic. Your point has no basis and now you’re just being dumb.
Check out the the test scores if you can add that high .

Check out the the test scores if you can add that high .

What test scores? You made a claim that Vandy’s student body was smarter on average than Pitt including its professors, a group of people largely educated at actual Ivy League schools and other elite institutions.

You are an absolute idiot. Your entire argument in this thread is terrible. I hope you are just a Pitt fan and not a grad because you must be dragging down our test scores.

What test scores? You made a claim that Vandy’s student body was smarter on average than Pitt including its professors, a group of people largely educated at actual Ivy League schools and other elite institutions.

You are an absolute idiot. Your entire argument in this thread is terrible. I hope you are just a Pitt fan and not a grad because you must be dragging down our test scores.

LMFAO, claiming that undergrad students anywhere are on average "brighter" than the faculty at any credible research university is the height of imbecility. That would apply even to an example like trying to compare undergrads at a place MIT vs the faculty at somewhere like Oklahoma State. Just absolutely moronic.

Last edited:
LMFAO, claiming that undergrad students anywhere are on average "brighter" than the faculty at any credible research university is the height of imbecility. The would apply even to an example like trying to compare undergrads at a place MIT vs the faculty at somewhere like Oklahoma State. Just absolutely moronic.
LMFAO, claiming that undergrad students anywhere are on average "brighter" than the faculty at any credible research university is the height of imbecility. The would apply even to an example like trying to compare undergrads at a place MIT vs the faculty at somewhere like Oklahoma State. Just absolutely moronic.
I’d be willing to bet you that if you took the average test scores of Pitt facility when entering college and compared them to the average scores of Vanderbilt students the Pitts facuilty will come in second . Vanderbilt’s average is over 1500 with a qpa of 3.8 . There’s not much room to improve upon these numbers . I’m sure the athletes help bring down these numbers .

I’d be willing to bet you that if you took the average test scores of Pitt facility when entering college and compared them to the average scores of Vanderbilt students the Pitts facuilty will come in second . Vanderbilt’s average is over 1500 with a qpa of 3.8 . There’s not much room to improve upon these numbers . I’m sure the athletes help bring down these numbers .

OMG, this is beyond ridiculous!! You can't compare faculty at any college with students entering Vandy.

LMFAO! As someone that has taught and conducted research at Ivies and elite publics and everything in between, I can tell you with 100% assurance that you have absolutely no clue what you are speaking to. Undergrads at an Ivy don't match the "brightness" of Pitt's post-docs, let alone their faculty. You have no concept of how much weeding out there is at each level you advance in academia, even after one earns their PhD, and a tenure stream faculty position at a major AAU research university like Pitt garners only the cream of the crop of people in their fields. It is mind blowingly ignorant to even suggest otherwise.

BTW, Vanderbilt's actual self reported SAT median 25-75 percentile ranges for Fall 2017 were 1400-1550 (pseudo average of 1475), with an average GPA of 3.82. Pitt's were 1240-1418 (pseudo average of 1329 for 2.5X as many admitted students) with an average GPA of 4.14. Pitt's freshman honors college admits (which have to have a minimum average of 1450 and aren't that many less than Vandy's total admits) actually average better test scores than Vandy (and over half the Ivy).

Last edited:
Literally everything in this post is 100% wrong.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Doubling (probably more like sextupling) down with stupidity.

This is literally (and I mean literally in the original definition, not figuratively) one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this forum. I honestly don't know what sort of absurd mental gymnastics you are going through right now, but they must be impressive. I cannot imagine how else someone could post what you have unless it's an elaborate troll.

Reactions: Jpripper88
This is literally (and I mean literally in the original definition, not figuratively) one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this forum. I honestly don't know what sort of absurd mental gymnastics you are going through right now, but they must be impressive. I cannot imagine how else someone could post what you have unless it's an elaborate troll.

I was trying to be nice and just call it ridiculous. But that post surely ranks up there among the top 2 or 3 dumbest posts ever on any message board in existence.

This isn’t even getting into how problematic it is to use standardized test scores to judge “brilliance.” Or comparing standardized test scores in 2018 to test scores from the 70s-00s (for faculty).

What an entitled group of yinzers we have in our fan base. Stallings has been a fairly successful head coach for over 20 years yet he's not good enough for Pitt? Get over yourselves. This is the same reaction Oregon fans had to Dana Altman and he ended up being the best coach they have had. I'd be glad to have him as head coach. Way better than a 1 or 2 year flash in the pan.

Is this Kevin Stallings writing this post under a pen name? Jesus the dude can’t coach and can’t get the team motivated to even compete. That’s the problem. I don’t give a crap about his 20 mediocre years of being a basketball coach. If you settle for mediocre then go away and be mediocre.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Is this Kevin Stallings writing this post under a pen name? Jesus the dude can’t coach and can’t get the team motivated to even compete. That’s the problem. I don’t give a crap about his 20 mediocre years of being a basketball coach. If you settle for mediocre then go away and be mediocre.
Lol - it’ll be fun to figure out which of the Ja’postle psychos you are....

What an entitled group of yinzers we have in our fan base. Stallings has been a fairly successful head coach for over 20 years yet he's not good enough for Pitt? Get over yourselves. This is the same reaction Oregon fans had to Dana Altman and he ended up being the best coach they have had. I'd be glad to have him as head coach. Way better than a 1 or 2 year flash in the pan.
Jamie Dixon is 2 - 5 over his last 7 games. Will be 2-6 over his last 8 after tonight.
Remove Dixon from the discussion...he's gone, not coming back and like it or not left Pitt far worse off than he found it.
Now, Pitt is in a no man's land as far as recruiting goes. I know the kid from Mars is going to ND but the kid from Sewickley Academy people drooled over went to Davidson and was a contributor...nothing more.
There isn't enough ACC talent within 100 miles of Pittsburgh to field a decent team. That's why the guy at Duquesne makes sense. He recruits the upper Midwest and didn't have to leave his base.
We are a deserted island so crying for a new coach ain't gonna change that...just ask Dixon.
Pitt needs a coach with a brand of play....IMHO, a defensive SOB like a Huggins who could care less what he looks like, sounds like or eats like.
Find me that guy and I'll listen.

Reactions: FireballZ
Jamie Dixon is 2 - 5 over his last 7 games. Will be 2-6 over his last 8 after tonight.
Remove Dixon from the discussion...he's gone, not coming back and like it or not left Pitt far worse off than he found it.
Now, Pitt is in a no man's land as far as recruiting goes. I know the kid from Mars is going to ND but the kid from Sewickley Academy people drooled over went to Davidson and was a contributor...nothing more.
There isn't enough ACC talent within 100 miles of Pittsburgh to field a decent team. That's why the guy at Duquesne makes sense. He recruits the upper Midwest and didn't have to leave his base.
We are a deserted island so crying for a new coach ain't gonna change that...just ask Dixon.
Pitt needs a coach with a brand of play....IMHO, a defensive SOB like a Huggins who could care less what he looks like, sounds like or eats like.
The last paragraph is right on point. Stallings style of play was doomed from the get go.

Pitt needs a coach....who could care less what he looks like, sounds like or eats like.

Found him!
kevin-stallings-top.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT