ADVERTISEMENT

The Real TRUTH about Morgan Leaving

4upmc

Junior
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2017
Breaking news, I somehow got access to the conversation that took place between Morgan, Narduzzi and Partridge. Here is the transcript:

JM- I want to return for my 6th year but need to be the man. No more splitting reps with 4 and 5 guys.

PN- We like you and want you back. You are a Pitt guy and will once again have a good role but we can’t make guarantees.

JM- But look at the high percentage of reps Weaver & Jones got as vets.

CP- John, Weaver and Jones played at All American levels, there is a reason they got drafted. They made it easy by standing out.

PN- Look at RB this year, it was going to be an even split but Izzy took his game to another level and with that took the lead man spot. As you saw the split reps went out the window.

JM- But this was supposed to be my year and then Alexandre & Haba decided to return.

PN- Those guys & others had injuries and you had the chance to step up and be the man. After the WVU game when you played great we thought you were ready to be “That Guy”

JM- But I was, so it’s not fair

CP- I love you man and you tell me you love my honesty so please listen…besides 1 other play you basically disappeared the rest of the year. A guy like Hayes has talent and has been inconsistent but in the last game he had more sacks than you had all year.

JM- But wait I’m the Trap Walker, I’m that guy, I demand the most PT…

PN- We love you John but can’t make guarantees

JM- Not fair, my dad said Maryland called him and told him I would be the man!

CP- John Maryland sucks, no disrespect but we have a number of guys who can be the man there. We have schools coming after our young DL because they know we lead the nation in sacks every year. Samuel O, Nakhi, Dayon etc are wanted and we have to keep them but feel they make a nice combo with you.

JM- Mr Walk in your Trap is out! (He leaves the room)

PN & CP talk…

PN- so much for his Twitter rants to start the year about loyalty.

CP- yeah he was getting to annoy some in the DL room with his attitude.

PN- so we agree there is no way we can use our limited NIL $ & can’t make guarantees to a solid but replaceable player.

CP- agree, wish he would stay as you never can have too much depth. So Pat…will we do what you do for most guys and not go after John unless he talks shit about Pitt?

PN- sure, I like John, he got his degree but just feels he’s better than he is.

CP- get this (non stop laughter from CP) he just text me he will tell that slob Vuk he is only leaving to help out the younger guys

PN- hahaha ok sure we will back him.

Seems very credible; thank you for posting.

Hate that the sport has turned into this. I would love to have him as a complementary piece 100 times out of 100, but it's way too easy for dudes at his modest production level to issue inane ultimatums like this right now. It's become "me, me, me."

Seems very credible; thank you for posting.

Hate that the sport has turned into this. I would love to have him as a complementary piece 100 times out of 100, but it's way too easy for dudes at his modest production level to issue inane ultimatums like this right now. It's become "me, me, me."
My 1 source finally came through in a big way.

Agree I would take him as a complementary piece 100 out of 100 times as well. But to feel he is that good (numbers prove otherwise) that he has to be the man, come on.

My guess is the Big 10 has the most Pro Style teams for him to show off his pass rush skills. Just come out and say you want to go to a team with no depth (Maryland, Rutgers, etc.) where you can be the guy and hopefully put up numbers for the NFL.

As others have said, just go to some team as Free Agent (he won’t get drafted) and try to make it as a 3-4 OLB. Maybe he makes a practice squad.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Not sure the % of this story's accuracy...with the exception of the slob vuk part. 100% accurate there

Reactions: 4upmc
Nice semi-humorous take although you’re perfectly serious with your narrative. What I find humorous about your narrative is that, on a certain level it reminds me of last year’s Jordan Addison narrative. Morgan of course nowhere near the loss of Addison. But I can’t count how often there were posts before the season saying our WR group was going to be more than adequate, Mumpfield and Means will fill the void, yada yada. And then, once the season started and moved along, all the complaining about our lack of talent at WR.

Yeah, DL is always one of our strongest groups but you’re just a little too cavalier about it.

My god get a life. So many losers on the free board.

Nice semi-humorous take although you’re perfectly serious with your narrative. What I find humorous about your narrative is that, on a certain level it reminds me of last year’s Jordan Addison narrative. Morgan of course nowhere near the loss of Addison. But I can’t count how often there were posts before the season saying our WR group was going to be more than adequate, Mumpfield and Means will fill the void, yada yada. And then, once the season started and moved along, all the complaining about our lack of talent at WR.

Yeah, DL is always one of our strongest groups but you’re just a little too cavalier about it.
I’m in the rare group who didn’t think our WR group was deep and knew Addison was a major loss.

And Morgan is a good player, he got good PT for a really good DL during his time. I’m willing to bet he was welcome to come back. But he’s not a Kancey, Izzy, Dennis, Hill etc where you pay him to stay or make promises. What more can the staff to get him to stay? I’m sure you agree you can’t promise him the role he clearly wants handed to him…

Sorry I upset you. Tell me what part hurt your little feelings the most?
You actually took the time to write that. Not funny. Not clever. Just another loser cluttering the board. Don’t worry, I’m sure your mom thinks that you’re special and that your jokes are good.

You actually took the time to write that. Not funny. Not clever. Just another loser cluttering the board. Don’t worry, I’m sure your mom thinks that you’re special and that your jokes are good.
Yet you take the time to respond. Sorry again your family member didn’t get a PT promise or NIL $. I’ll purchase a Trap Walker shirt to help out.

Reactions: FireballZ
The next time you make a good post will be the first. UPMC is da man.
Thx the checks in the mail. I don’t know who dude is but apparently upset him. Maybe I’ll sign up again on the pay board just to piss him off lol.

Thx the checks in the mail. I don’t know who dude is but apparently upset him. Maybe I’ll sign up again on the pay board just to piss him off lol.
I always get a kick out of the pay board posters that come here and post their critiques of the free board posters from their perch on high.

Reactions: 4upmc
I always get a kick out of the pay board posters that come here and post their critiques of the free board posters from their perch on high.
Yeah that’s always a treat. Meanwhile what is it, 12 bucks a year? I appreciate the board existing, and I have some fun here, but it’s a cold hard fact that a Pitt sports message board isn’t worth even that nominal amount. Yet those folks think they’re dining in Bushwood Country Club or something. 😄

Appropriately, I can only imagine the Pitt boards on there being like the Bushwood “dance of the dead”. Each poster breathlessly expressing their Love Of Everything Pitt Does louder than the other. Occasionally seeing a (gasp) negative post on the (ugh) free board and bravely crossing the tracks to express disdain, then running back to titter over it with the exalted 12 dollar fat cats.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT