ADVERTISEMENT

The reality is Narduzzi is a 7-5 coach without Pickett/Addison

We should've went after the Virginia's oc after Mendenhall left now he's at Syracuse there alot better and now look at ours and Virginia's offense there a shell of what they were last year
Yep, I said get him and Brennan Armstrong. Come to think of it, I wonder why Jurkovec didnt come with Cignetti. We had Addison at the time and were said to be a dark horse CFP contendor

We should've went after the Virginia's oc after Mendenhall left now he's at Syracuse there alot better and now look at ours and Virginia's offense there a shell of what they were last year
Syracuse's offense still isn't very good. They were horrid in the second half of the UVA game. They also have mediocre talent at WR & teams are starting to adjust and just sit on the underneath stuff.

UVA lost their entire offensive line. They are also horrid so far. A strong arm has never been a characteristic of Armstrong (ha!) but he doesn't look like the same guy from last year. His throws don't look like them have as much on them.

Anae would have been a solid hire at OC, but there is a good chance he bolts SU if Bronco gets back in the game. I like Bronco, but I think he most likely knew what this year was going to look like. That probably had a factor in his decision to take some family time.

Gotta hand it to SMF to try to stir the pot. A lot of these arguments are along the lines, "take all Coach X's wins against Top 25 teams away, and he hasn't beaten any ranked opponents." "Take away his the best players, and his recruiting sucks."

I'll be the first to admit that I'll go down this road too when I'm feeling childish enough that winning an internet argument with a stranger becomes my top priority life. Sometimes, ya just gotta do what ya gotta do to make sure your ridiculous argument is airtight.

Gotta hand it to SMF to try to stir the pot. A lot of these arguments are along the lines, "take all Coach X's wins against Top 25 teams away, and he hasn't beaten any ranked opponents." "Take away his the best players, and his recruiting sucks."

I'll be the first to admit that I'll go down this road too when I'm feeling childish enough that winning an internet argument with a stranger becomes my top priority life. Sometimes, ya just gotta do what ya gotta do to make sure your ridiculous argument is airtight.
I am still waiting for you to tell me the good teams Paul Chryst beat in his tenure. I mean there's something to be said for being able to beat almost all the bad and mediocre teams, which Chryst did early on. But now he's losing to those teams. He's never really beaten good teams

I am still waiting for you to tell me the good teams Paul Chryst beat in his tenure. I mean there's something to be said for being able to beat almost all the bad and mediocre teams, which Chryst did early on. But now he's losing to those teams. He's never really beaten good teams
He beat 3 top 10 teams in 2016 & another top 25 in a NY6 bowl. He beat 3 ranked teams the next year... I quit looking after that, but there are probably more.

He beat 3 top 10 teams in 2016 & another top 25 in a NY6 bowl. He beat 3 ranked teams the next year... I quit looking after that, but there are probably more.
What were their final records? I dont care about their ranking when the game was played

9-3 or better = good team
8-4 = I'll call them a good team
7-5 = mediocre

To his credit, though it took 5 years and the blessing of a pandemic to get an extra year, he was able to have a Top 3 all-time (at Pitt) QB and WR at the same time. There is a lot of luck involved in that but they were his players and they allowed us to go 11-2. Without that all-time great combo, which was worth 3-4 wins, we are back to 7-5.....probably for another 40 years until we luck into another great season. Narduzzi has developed an above average (but overrated) defense which is good enough but his recruiting on the offensive side of the ball (minus Pickett and Addison) had been abysmal. In 8 years, he has managed to recruit 2 P5 level QBs out of HS (Dinucci the other).
FACT: This years team without KP and Addison went ….9-4

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
FACT: This years team without KP and Addison went ….9-4

Why do you have to ruin a good day? This team had one of the easiest schedules in school history and lost 4 games. And next year we will be anywhere from 8-4 to 6-6. This was a nice win today but it doesn't change anything. We are 8-4 to 6-6 unless we have 1st rounders at QB and WR

Why do you have to ruin a good day? This team had one of the easiest schedules in school history and lost 4 games. And next year we will be anywhere from 8-4 to 6-6. This was a nice win today but it doesn't change anything. We are 8-4 to 6-6 unless we have 1st rounders at QB and WR
You could make the argument that Pitt gets more bang from it's minimal investment buck than just about any other program.

sorry, I didn't mean to do that. It's just kind of fun to look back on the doom and gloom and remember things aren't always as bad as they seem in the moment.

i hate your assumptions...... which have been proven wrong hundreds of times.

A 7-5 coach, yet he went 9-4 without either Pickett or Addison. Hmmm

Yea, so "7-5" is a label. He doesn't go 7-5 every single season. That is obvious. He went 8-4 this year. And he's gone 8-4 before. I didn't mean that Narduzzi will go 7-5 every single season forever. I do stand by the idea that he's a 7-5 type of coach without Pickett/Addison. But again, I dont know why we have to do this on a great Pitt day. Duzz is better than a lot of coaches out there. But unless we have 1st rounders at QB and WR, we arent having another 2 or fewer loss regular season.

Most teams are 8-4 unless they have potential first rounders at several positions. Look at Michigan's turnaround last year as an example. PSU this year has a number of high draft picks and guess what---they won more games. Miami has all kinds of recruited talent that doesn't develop and doesn't get drafted high and guess what---they usually suck.

First round NFL talent on any team makes all the difference in the world. It doesn't take a genius to make that association. Hell, put a first round QB on a MAC-level team and that team looks extremely good. We see that all the time.

To his credit, though it took 5 years and the blessing of a pandemic to get an extra year, he was able to have a Top 3 all-time (at Pitt) QB and WR at the same time. There is a lot of luck involved in that but they were his players and they allowed us to go 11-2. Without that all-time great combo, which was worth 3-4 wins, we are back to 7-5.....probably for another 40 years until we luck into another great season. Narduzzi has developed an above average (but overrated) defense which is good enough but his recruiting on the offensive side of the ball (minus Pickett and Addison) had been abysmal. In 8 years, he has managed to recruit 2 P5 level QBs out of HS (Dinucci the other).
More like a 9-4 coach!

ADVERTISEMENT