The publication has in the

Cheez-It Bowl​

Thursday, December 29, 2022
5:30, ESPN
Camping World Stadium, Orlando, FL
Last Year: Clemson 20, Iowa State 13
Bowl Ties: ACC vs Big 12
Bowl Projection: Pitt vs Texas

They also pick NCST vs ND in the Orange Bowl....

In regards to NCST, am I missing something???? What's the big hype about this year with NCST?

Cheez-It Bowl​

In regards to NCST, am I missing something???? What's the big hype about this year with NCST?
Well they return a good QB and it looks like their defense will be pretty good. Plus with 9 wins in 3 of the last 5 seasons they’ve been a fairly consistent program, so I don’t think it’s that much of a stretch. Also like Pitt they beat Clemson unlike Wake last season.

Pitt not being ranked in the preseason is dumb and I’d like to have higher aspirations than the season ending with Duzz getting a Gatorade shower with Cheez-It’s, but that’s not too bad of a bowl game. Probably would mean they won about 9 games.

Reactions: Atlanta Panther
How can you have a made up, worthless, preseason poll without PSU, Texas, Florida, and USC. It doesn't matter how bad they've been, they are entitled to be in the worthless preseason poll.

How can you have a made up, worthless, preseason poll without PSU, Texas, Florida, and USC. It doesn't matter how bad they've been, they are entitled to be in the worthless preseason poll.
Well sh*t, then throw in WVU too. I hear they have a lot of $$$$ to spend.

1st of all What the hell is a preseason prediction other than trying to get losers to click?

CFP has Pitt outside the top 25. Don't have any idea who these analysts are but here is the prediction .....

Preseason Coaches Poll Top 25 Projection, Rankings ...https://collegefootballnews.com › 2022/06 › preseason-...

After we beat the Neers and Vols we will be be top 10!!!!

Losing Addison is a massive blow. This cannot be understated. His production and impact could be the difference between 10-2 and 7-5

I hope this is bulletin board material - I think the "we don't get any respect" card is overplayed in sports, but unfortunately for Pitt it is true year after year

You can't have a preseason poll without Nebraska, which has averaged 4.85 wins per season over the last seven years, being included. This is simply unaccepted; please take it back and resubmit an updated version.

Reactions: FireballZ

Cheez-It Bowl​

They have us playing a GARBAGE program like Texas? Where you are super rich, own your own TV Network and go 5-7 every year :)

They probably purposely leave out programs that have a chance to be good, but that the TV Networks want to keep out of the playoffs based on the perceived inferior, non blue blood brand, so that they will have a huge mountain to claim and be impossibly behind, even if they go 12-1 or something like that. They desperately want certain schools to get in, like Texas, so they rank them as they go on to another 5-7 season.

Yep. Another ridiculous, overstated post. It's clearly more like 12-0 to 6-6.

@Sean Miller Fan doesn't follow college football. Just ask him.

Going into 2021 the WR room had caught 179 passes for 2100 yards and 8 TDs the previous season. No one complained about the WR production in 2021.

Going into 2022 the WR room had caught 150 passes for 2142 yards and 18 TDs the previous season.

Hopefully Che comes in and plays a role like Calvin Austin did for Memphis.

• Love
Reactions: FireballZ
It does put Pitt in a hole because they have to wait for 20 + teams to lose ahead on them. They have two marquee games to start but I bet if they win it only gets them to 15 at best.

It does put Pitt in a hole because they have to wait for 20 + teams to lose ahead on them. They have two marquee games to start but I bet if they win it only gets them to 15 at best.
This is precisely the reason these matter. It may be the only legit reason, but it’s a pretty significant one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT