ADVERTISEMENT

There are 14 teams with more Q1/2 wins than Pitt.

If today was selection sunday, you are correct. Pitt is in.

Bracketologists, however, are "baking in" Pitt going 6-3 down the stretch. If Pitt goes 5-4, it starts to get a little iffy.

Bracketologists, however, are "baking in" Pitt going 6-3 down the stretch. If Pitt goes 5-4, it starts to get a little iffy.

Most, if not all bracketologists due their brackets without any projections as if Selection Sunday was right then. We are still going to pop up on a lot of Last 4 Ins, 1st Four Outs in these new updates but with 7 Q1/2 wins, we are safely in right now, maybe as high as a 9 seed. Though, if given the choice, I'd love a 10 or non-Dayton 11 seed. Much easier to get to the Sweet 16 as a 10 or 11 than 8/9

Wrong. 5-4 we're still in. Lower than that would be iffy.

Reactions: rockypanther
Wrong. 5-4 we're still in. Lower than that would be iffy.

Id have to look at the numbers and who we actually beat at seasons end, but given our numbers against Q1 and Q2 along with our strong road record against the rest of the entire bubble and even against 8 and 9 seeds right now, I like our position a lot as of today and we are 100% easily in today. Easily, like dont even worry about it.

I have not done a huge deep dive on this, but we are in better position right now than a lot of teams and that includes teams like North Carolina and Kentucky at this moment in time.

We have a much stronger resume than people think as of today. Beating Miami and Wake Forest is a big boost.

The criteria for importance in NCAA selection goes something like this

Q1, Q2
Road Record
Neutral Record
Strength of Schedule
Q4 Bad loss / non d1 loss
Overall Record and Conference Record

With all that said, we cant slip up and start losing games and let other teams continue to win games and catch back up to us. A few more quality wins should / will finish the job, even at 5-4.

On the flipside of this, it is very possible we dont pick up another Q1/2 win the rest of the season since we only have 3 more opportunities and they are all on the road.

Hell, why don’t we just win the ACC Tournament and not have to worry about it!
I’m thinking the same thing reading this thread, lettjust win the ACC tourney.

Heck, I’ll still be thinking that down 8 with 2 minutes to go in the ACC tourney championship game!!

What is the highest realistic seed we could get? Say we go 7-2, and win one in the ACCT (assuming double bye) to get to 23-10?

I know it would be dependent on other teams but I’d have to think we’d move up towards a top 6 seed at that point?

Reactions: MarshallGoldberg
What is the highest realistic seed we could get? Say we go 7-2, and win one in the ACCT (assuming double bye) to get to 23-10?

I know it would be dependent on other teams but I’d have to think we’d move up towards a top 6 seed at that point?

Yea, about that. But as I said in the other thread, you could make a good case for Pitt as a 6 seed if the field was picked right now. So like right now, I think Pitt getting a 6 or 7 seed is possible. But they only have 3 Q1/2 games left so there's really not much chance to get a lot higher than that if we finish 7-2

ADVERTISEMENT