ADVERTISEMENT

This Camera Work STINKS! If we gotta pay money for...

Worst camera work in a long tine how many plays were missed because they stayed on a zoomed in shot????

couldn't watch the game (got GT/Syr) but what yinz are describing is the work of the director

couldn't watch the game (got GT/Syr) but what yinz are describing is the work of the director

No, it really wasn't. The camera that is supposed to be following the play frequently just stopped following the play. The director doesn't cut from the camera on the ball to a different camera in mid-play. Then there were other times that the camera man zoomed in too close to the action, so you couldn't see what was going on. They did that on the Louisville interception, they zoomed in so close to the Louisville player who had intercepted the ball and was running it back that you couldn't tell if anyone was close to tackling him or if he was completely in the clear and was going to return it for a touchdown.

No, it really wasn't. The camera that is supposed to be following the play frequently just stopped following the play. The director doesn't cut from the camera on the ball to a different camera in mid-play. Then there were other times that the camera man zoomed in too close to the action, so you couldn't see what was going on. They did that on the Louisville interception, they zoomed in so close to the Louisville player who had intercepted the ball and was running it back that you couldn't tell if anyone was close to tackling him or if he was completely in the clear and was going to return it for a touchdown.

The director calls for cuts from camera to camera. And he is in charge of notifying the camera operators of their positioning. Unless his technical director, who does the actual button pushing, was going rogue on him

The director calls for cuts from camera to camera.

A director during a football game never, and I mean that literally, NEVER, calls for a cut from one camera to another in the middle of a play. It would be way too disorienting to the people watching the game.

There are all kinds of games on right now. Put any of them on right now and tell me the next time you see the camera being used switch right in the middle of a play. I'll wait. The last game tonight should be over before midnight. I'll bet you don't see it once between now and then.

That was hilariously bad. The best one was on the interception where the camera was zoomed in on the ball for some reason. It was so awful it was almost entertaining.

Reactions: Large Panther
It was the worst camera work that I’ve ever seen. That includes local AK-Valley high school broadcasts from the 80’s.

A director during a football game never, and I mean that literally, NEVER, calls for a cut from one camera to another in the middle of a play. It would be way too disorienting to the people watching the game.

There are all kinds of games on right now. Put any of them on right now and tell me the next time you see the camera being used switch right in the middle of a play. I'll wait. The last game tonight should be over before midnight. I'll bet you don't see it once between now and then.

Bad ones do, or ones trying new things. The only other way to go from one shot to another is if the TD switches on his own. The guy operating the camera controls zoom and focus, not what the viewer sees

Saw some really bad camerawork in the Duke/UVA game as well. Unacceptable in this day and age.

Bad ones do, or ones trying new things. The only other way to go from one shot to another is if the TD switches on his own. The guy operating the camera controls zoom and focus, not what the viewer sees

Right. So when the guy operating the camera that is the one following the play from the snap stops following the play or zooms in too tightly to be able to tell what is going on then that is the camera operators fault. Which is what you disagreed with in the first place.

The camera screw ups during the game yesterday were ALL on the camera operator, not the director or anyone else in the production truck.

Right. So when the guy operating the camera that is the one following the play from the snap stops following the play or zooms in too tightly to be able to tell what is going on then that is the camera operators fault. Which is what you disagreed with in the first place.

The camera screw ups during the game yesterday were ALL on the camera operator, not the director or anyone else in the production truck.

Fair point. As I said I didn't see the game, just tried to interpret everyone's complaints

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT