ADVERTISEMENT

This game proves a theory I developed over 25 years ago

Hailpitt

Junior
Jul 5, 2001
my hypothesis is that if football was never invented— football coaches would be employed as grade school and junior middle school gym teaches. Duzzi kicking a FG proves it once again. The media raves about Belicheck being a genius. He would be middle management at my company— but compared to the football coaching fraternity he is brilliant. Pitt will not move to another level with Duzzi at the helm.

my hypothesis is that if football was never invented— football coaches would be employed as grade school and junior middle school gym teaches. Duzzi kicking a FG proves it once again. The media raves about Belicheck being a genius. He would be middle management at my company— but compared to the football coaching fraternity he is brilliant. Pitt will not move to another level with Duzzi at the helm.

Google Belichick coaching blunders. He makes a ton of head scratching moves.

Close. Dabo Swinney was selling insurance for a few years before he got into coaching. Now he makes $9.3 million a year off cheap/close to free labor and cries how it would be an affront to decency if said cheap labor were to get paid.

What do you consider another level?

Now that Paul Johnson is gone, I think Mike Leach and David Cutcliffe are the last non former college football player coaching college football. And both are very good!

The sport is too close minded about non former players. It's a "fraternity". A huge percentage of coaches at the highest levels are sons of other coaches who's dads got them their first jobs. Basketball has been much more willing, even at the NBA level, to hire people with stats backgrounds from the lower coaching ranks.

Tom Crean, Scott Drew, Buzz Williams, Roy Williams, Mick Cronin, Bruce Pearl, even Chuck Daly, I am assuming Mike Fratello...these guys never played college hoops.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT