ADVERTISEMENT

This is great from Duzz

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001

Ranked Penn State the lowest out of any other coach. I probably would have ranked them even lower. Their best win was the same as ours, over a 3 loss Pac 12 team. Beat only 4 other teams with winning records

Reactions: AnEx

Ranked Penn State the lowest out of any other coach. I probably would have ranked them even lower. Their best win was the same as ours, over a 3 loss Pac 12 team. Beat only 4 other teams with winning records
You do realize that besides our bowl win I believe we only beat three other teams with winning records. I didn’t look n
but I think Syracuse, Duke and Rhodesia Island. And we loss to Georgia Tech.

Reactions: 4382
You do realize that besides our bowl win I believe we only beat three other teams with winning records. I didn’t look n

Yea, PSU is better than us.....slightly

I’m not even saying they are better than us. What I am saying is with the schedule we had this year we should have been better. I do think if we would have pulled out the Tennessee game it could have been a special year

Agreed. That's why I still think it was a disappointing year. Not satisfied with 9-4 vs our schedule

Huge difference slotting a top 10 team (and that’s being charitable) at 8 and not voting for a clear Top 25 team at all.

I’m not even saying they are better than us. What I am saying is with the schedule we had this year we should have been better. I do think if we would have pulled out the Tennessee game it could have been a special year

I think the Slovis injury in that game was the turning point in our season.

Reactions: jctrack
The writer of that article has a problem with facts.

Franklin did not give PSU the higher ranking he stated, he ranked them at the same #7 spot as their cumulative final ranking was.

Also, the all time Pitt-PSU series dates back further than 1915.

Reactions: comp_panther
you do realize Pitt is not ranked as a top 10 team so I am not getting the equivalence you are going for...

you do realize Pitt is not ranked as a top 10 team so I am not getting the equivalence you are going for...
You do realize we lost 4 games and they lost two. If we would j=have taken care of business against Louisville and Georgia Tech we would have been a top 15 team at worse. We need to start winning the games we are supposed to win.

• Haha
Reactions: plcp and FireballZ
You do realize we lost 4 games and they lost two. If we would j=have taken care of business against Louisville and Georgia Tech we would have been a top 15 team at worse. We need to start winning the games we are supposed to win.
as I said one has nothing to do with the other...the topic is how Narduzzi ranked Penn State (2 spots down from where the ended up) and Franklin ranked Pitt (at least 4 spots down from where they ended up) ...no one is saying they should be next to each other in the poll now are they?...I actually watched Pitt play this year and know who the lost to but thanks for clarifying Sparky..

We need to start winning the games we are supposed to win....uh, new to the Pitt football program are ya?

as I said one has nothing to do with the other...the topic is how Narduzzi ranked Penn State (2 spots down from where the ended up) and Franklin ranked Pitt (at least 4 spots down from where they ended up) ...
Think they both gave it to each other. Can’t say I agree with either about these specific teams.

I will add the higher in the rankings a team is, the more a position or two has meaning. For example, if someone was off on UGA by “only” one spot, kind of a big miss.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT