ADVERTISEMENT

This is what irks me…

pittmeister

Heisman Winner
May 26, 2010
After the UNC game, I lost faith in Narduzzi. Lately I have admitted that I was wrong, and Narduzzi and staff have done a great job turning things around and playing well, especially the last three weeks. It was what I was expecting from the beginning.

There have also been the usual relentless distractors who constantly criticizes Pitt for everything. They criticize the administration, recruiting, coaching, the fans who try and stay positive. Yesterday was one of the biggest football days we’ve had in a long time, and now they’re nowhere to be found… Then they wonder why they are accused of being trolls…

Here is the roll call:

Jpripper88
Pittfan77
Pitt79
PittPoker
PittFanDan17

Who else are we missing????

After the UNC game, I lost faith in Narduzzi. Lately I have admitted that I was wrong, and Narduzzi and staff have done a great job turning things around and playing well, especially the last three weeks. It was what I was expecting from the beginning.

There have also been the usual relentless distractors who constantly criticizes Pitt for everything. They criticize the administration, recruiting, coaching, the fans who try and stay positive. Yesterday was one of the biggest football days we’ve had in a long time, and now they’re nowhere to be found… Then they wonder why they are accused of being trolls…

Here is the roll call:

Jpripper88
Pittfan77
Pitt79
PittPoker
PittFanDan17

Poker has been posting on the pay board.

I'm very happy they turned things around. But the kind of losses they've had, the profile they had, and who they lost them to were painful. They appeared not to have had good schemes at all for the personnel at hand to start the season. Again im happy that they improved and reversed that. Most teams and coaches never do. I think it's fair to weight improvement appropriately. But you have to look at the whole body of work too. The early part of the season didn't not happen.

Reactions: pittmeister
I'm very happy they turned things around. But the kind of losses they've had, the profile they had, and who they lost them to were painful. They appeared not to have had good schemes at all for the personnel at hand to start the season. Again im happy that they improved and reversed that. Most teams and coaches never do. I think it's fair to weight improvement appropriately. But you have to look at the whole body of work too. The early part of the season didn't not happen.

I couldn't agree with you more. The team still needs to improve beyond 7-4. Not looking through rose colored glasses. In most years I believe that Pitt can be a top 25 contender, but it's going to take constant improvement and that includes recruiting...

Reactions: pitt_fb_9x1
Starts with coaching retention. Underclassmen need a program that remains the same year to year. We shouldn't fret about new linemen on the OL next summer if we keep the same coaches. We have speed unlike before at skill positions. We will have grown men playing defense - not kids out of high school. This is where you want the program to be. Recruiting should be done in hindsight in regards to how these kids fit the program. I'm not going to judge recruiting on letter of intent day.

Here is the roll call:

Jpripper88
Pittfan77
Pitt79
PittPoker
PittFanDan17

You'll never see PITT CHAINS on that list.
H2P !!

Starts with coaching retention. Underclassmen need a program that remains the same year to year. We shouldn't fret about new linemen on the OL next summer if we keep the same coaches. We have speed unlike before at skill positions. We will have grown men playing defense - not kids out of high school. This is where you want the program to be. Recruiting should be done in hindsight in regards to how these kids fit the program. I'm not going to judge recruiting on letter of intent day.
No matter how you slice it, if you don't come out of the gate ready to win, you can squash your season hopes in the first month. Last night, even in positive post game scoreboard shows lauding our turnaround and the clinching of the Coastal, the first things said were "they looked awful in early losses to Penn State, UCF and North Carolina." That obviously still tarnishes the season.

Early season problems likely do stem a great deal from off season chaos that comes from frequent staff turnaround. Agree that stability is big. Especially if you can't just throw 5 star talent at the problem, and we won't have that luxury.

But not every coach leaves every year, and the ones at hand do need to take long, better looks at their personnel in the off season, be honest with themselves, and plan schemes that will put them in position to compete right out of the box. We wasted 3 losses trying to make a round pegs fit in square holes.

This season was a giant low , then a giant high. I am glad the high was the end of the year. Next year this team should be very good even though younger, let's hope we dont stumble out of the gate!

We are better than 6-6 to 8-4 most years, time to take the next step up over a full year, and please GOD BEAT UNC NEXT YEAR!

Reactions: lilspainishflea
We should know where we are after the Clemson game, butI think you can be both proud of this team and somewhat critical of the program at the same time.

You can be proud of this team, their improvement, and heart after a tough start. However, if they aren't at least competitive against Clemson, there is still plenty to criticize as a program.

PITT is the sixth team in six years to win the Coastal. The Coastal winner hasn't won the title since 2010. All of the previous winners are still mired in mediocrity. Pitt fans should want to be more than just another blip on the radar screen.

A win against Clemson would be huge and would almost certainly change the perception of the program.

No matter how you slice it, if you don't come out of the gate ready to win, you can squash your season hopes in the first month. Last night, even in positive post game scoreboard shows lauding our turnaround and the clinching of the Coastal, the first things said were "they looked awful in early losses to Penn State, UCF and North Carolina." That obviously still tarnishes the season.

Early season problems likely do stem a great deal from off season chaos that comes from frequent staff turnaround. Agree that stability is big. Especially if you can't just throw 5 star talent at the problem, and we won't have that luxury.

But not every coach leaves every year, and the ones at hand do need to take long, better looks at their personnel in the off season, be honest with themselves, and plan schemes that will put them in position to compete right out of the box. We wasted 3 losses trying to make a round pegs fit in square holes.

Not sure I agree with this. Go back and look at the season predictions of many posters on this board. Many said they be lucky to win 6 games and predicted 5 or less. Very few predicted an 8 win season. So at the very least they’ve met expectations that most fans said they’d be happy to achieve and in many cases have far over achieved. Does it really matter how they got here? Overall they won the gams they had a chance to win for the most part save UNC

And I also disagree that they were pounding a square peg into a round hole. They were breaking in a Qb who was green. The OL needed time to mesh. On D they were adapting to a new DC. Unfortunately the OOC didn’t afford time for the team to gel and they were exposed.

People say you have to look at the big picture. Well let’s do that. Duzz won 8 games the first two years and has them winning the coastal in the fourth and poised to do better in the next year.

But Pitt fans are always moving to goal posts. (That is not directed at you as looking back you’ve been very reasonable and balanced ). Win the Coasttal and now the seasons succes hinges on beating Clemson

We should know where we are after the Clemson game, butI think you can be both proud of this team and somewhat critical of the program at the same time.

You can be proud of this team, their improvement, and heart after a tough start. However, if they aren't at least competitive against Clemson, there is still plenty to criticize as a program.

PITT is the sixth team in six years to win the Coastal. The Coastal winner hasn't won the title since 2010. All of the previous winners are still mired in mediocrity. Pitt fans should want to be more than just another blip on the radar screen.

A win against Clemson would be huge and would almost certainly change the perception of the program.

One game doesn’t change the program. Finish with 8 wins and win the bowl game and it doesn’t matter what they do against Clemson.

This is the year that the Costal Champ can change that dim statistic, Pitt has and can beat Clemson but first they have to beat Miami.

One game doesn’t change the program. Finish with 8 wins and win the bowl game and it doesn’t matter what they do against Clemson.

No, one game doesn't change the program. But a win against Clemson would be huge in changing the perception of the program and be tangible evidence Pitt can be more than what they have been since roughly 2000.

Reactions: FreddieFunk

Here is the roll call:

Jpripper88
Pittfan77
Pitt79
PittPoker
PittFanDan17

To be fair, lost all of them is the same poster. Pitt poker is pripper used to be dionlewis and a bunch of others

3 of the losses we to top 20 teams 2 in the top 10!!!!!!

For the 100th time, the OOC schedule does/did have a bearing on the early season, that's why most every one schedules like they do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT