ADVERTISEMENT

This Week's Games

Oct 25, 2021
Can't say there are a ton of good ones on the slate, but they've at least staggered them effectively.

Noon

National: Penn State at Michigan

I'm highly interested in this one. I really like watching BIG football (as opposed to like the SEC or PAC 12/Big 12 or something), and I'll obviously be pulling for a Penn State loss.

ACC: Miami at Virginia Tech (12:30)

Not great on paper or anything, but I would love to see Miami get another loss while they're struggling just to eliminate them from Coastal contention. Unlikely, but possible.

3:30

National: Tennessee vs Alabama

As much as I usually hate watching the SEC, this one feels different. Tennessee has been a little closer to home for us as of late, and they're also just someone different that can take down the big dogs

National: TCU vs Oklahoma State

Meh, not looking forward to this one all that much, but they're two undefeated P5 teams. Should be something to watch if the other games suck.

ACC: Syracuse vs NC State

Again, file this one under the "something different" category. I'm not even sure who I'm for, though it would be cool to somehow hand Syracuse its first loss. But it's not every week that the dome will be popping like I assume it will be tomorrow.

8:00

National: USC at Utah

Definitely want to see this one, as I'll be pulling hard against USC. I don't want to see them sneak into the playoff or even have an NY6 Bowl-worthy season, for that matter. Mississippi State and Kentucky also face off as ranked teams, but I could care less.

ACC: UNC at Duke

Obviously pulling for Duke in this one. I'm looking forward to it. Surprised Carolina is only a touchdown favorite (up from opening as only 5-point favorites). You also have Clemson at FSU (7:30), but that one will be one of those games I only turn on if it's close in the second half.

I like that slate. On paper USC-Utah isn't exciting but I think that will be the Trojans first loss of the year. Hopefully Michigan wins or our creepy neighbors to the East might sneak into the top 5.

I like that slate. On paper USC-Utah isn't exciting but I think that will be the Trojans first loss of the year. Hopefully Michigan wins or our creepy neighbors to the East might sneak into the top 5.

Yeah, Penn State is starting to become a problem. Guys like Singleton, Allar (I don't think he's playing yet, but he will be soon enough), etc. I know I'll get criticized for even caring, but I don't think it's too absurd to not want to see your rivals do well.

With USC, it's pretty much just the Addison thing. It might be childish, but yeah - I don't want to see them succeed because of that. Otherwise, I might even root for them to get back on track because they can beat some of the BIG teams I don't like and they don't recruit in the same territory as us anyway. But not this year... f them.

Reactions: PittMan2003
Mississippi State - Kentucky is another good matchup this weekend.

I miss our Miami fan that lectured us all about how great the Canes would be with Cristobal.

You're welcome 😏

grid7.png

ADVERTISEMENT