ADVERTISEMENT

Thrilled about new pitt commits?

Cap pitt

Junior
Jul 20, 2014
only after they sign on the dotted line, it great to see this guy or that guy commit to Pitt football and or basketball programs, but, waiting between the December signing day to the February signing day is not to bad not to long of time, but from February to December is a long time, so, no matter if the commit is a 3 star or a 4 star or even a 5 star, just because they commit to Pitt doesn’t mean they will sign their loi to Pitt, to name a few Kenny Minchey, Henry Parrish, football, Judah Mintz, Hood Shefino basketball. And that sucks, when they sign their loi to Pitt, I’ll get more excited, but until they do they are not Pitt athletes

I don’t mean to throw cold water on your enthusiasm, but you completely forgot to mention that these kids can still hit the portal once they are in school. Heck a lot of them (even the 4 star ones) won’t live up to their hype. So really there is never any reason to ever be excited and it is best to just focus on the worst possible outcome.

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
I don’t mean to throw cold water on your enthusiasm, but you completely forgot to mention that these kids can still hit the portal once they are in school. Heck a lot of them (even the 4 star ones) won’t live up to their hype. So really there is never any reason to ever be excited and it is best to just focus on the worst possible outcome.
so to summarize, we cant celebrate any recruit or player until they officially play in their first game of the season in their last year of eligibility..

but even then, they can "opt out" in their final year. so in reality, we shouldnt celebrate a player or recruit until they finish their last game in their last year of eligibility.

but by then, they'll have no more eligibility left so what's to celebrate? This sucks.

That’s true. It’s like getting engaged, doesn’t mean you are married, you’re not married til you say “i do” and that could end too. Celebrate the marriage and celebrate the signing of the loi

Y’all should just stop following recruiting (and posting on these boards).
It’s about pitt athletics. Not who your favorite guitar player is or your favorite song, or favorite movie or something really stupid like that

Seriously, we get it. I saw the title of this thread and just knew it was going to be this take. We’re mostly pessimists by nature as Pitt fans anyway.
lol, i just had prez_stache and ski beat me up in another thread on the topic so i wasnt about to get into it again.

Personally, I don't root for Pitt players until they have success in the NFL. These college kids are just all a bunch of disloyal money grabbing whores.

I don't get excited when we make a recruit's top 10, top 5, top 2 or even with when they give us a verbal.
I only get excited when they sign and that is becoming useless given the current state of college athletics.

It’s getting to the point that it is only worth it paying attention to the actual games (not to the meaningless bowl games of course…or to the nearly meaningless OOC games…).

Reactions: DanMarinoFan1970
Nowadays, I really can't get too excited until they suit up. Still, I'm thankful for all the commitments we get.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT