ADVERTISEMENT

Time for Dior?

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
I have said that I think his redshirt decision is actually a full season suspension. But lets assume for a second that it isnt. When asked what the reason was for the redshirt, Capel danced around it a bit and said its hard to miss that much time and play at this level. While that is certainly true, we only have 10 scholarship players and may be hitting that "wall." With Dior having practiced with team for a month now, it may be time to pull the redshirt, well maybe if we lose a few more as one last chance to make the NCAA Tournament.

I have said that I think his redshirt decision is actually a full season suspension. But lets assume for a second that it isnt. When asked what the reason was for the redshirt, Capel danced around it a bit and said its hard to miss that much time and play at this level. While that is certainly true, we only have 10 scholarship players and may be hitting that "wall." With Dior having practiced with team for a month now, it may be time to pull the redshirt, well maybe if we lose a few more as one last chance to make the NCAA Tournament.
It is but we ain’t getting him.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
It’s been Dior time. No reason he shouldn’t already be playing 10-15 mpg especially given the lack of depth we have

Which is why I think its a suspension. However, being that they didn't word it as a suspension, it leaves open the possibility that he may play. Capel can easily say "we like how Dior has progressed in practice and we feel he has a good grasp of what we are trying to do," etc, etc, etc. I did feel that in a desperate case, like Pitt is close to the NCAAT in February but Nelly or Burton gets hurt, they may play him.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
The time for Dior was in Oct . Whatever really happened doesn’t matter now , it happened and he’s sitting this yr out . Let’s hope he sticks around and he’s something special .

Better question is—Is it Dejuan Blair time?
Recall he left Pitt after junior year. Possibly Pitt could petition for eligibility for his senior year ( seriously anything goes in college sports today) and this is a more realistic scenario than Dior being able to play

Dior is literally eligible to play but appears to be on a secret suspension. All Pitt has to do is eliminate the secret suspension. That's up to them, not the NCAA.

Reactions: Pittnerski
Why is another guard the answer? We need another competent 4/5

you're asking why another guard is the answer? we didn't lose to FSU because of what happened underneath the basket. Have you watched Nelly play this month?

This Month (6 games) 3-3 Record

8PPG
3AST
2.5REB

18 of 53 (34%) from the field
5 of 28 (18%) from 3

he's been a mess.. especially the last two. Lucky L'ville is awful because he was just as bad as them in that game. He was the reason we lost to FSU. 2 for 12? 1 of 8 from deep? all pretty clean looks too.. just bricks. Most of his misses were flat out bricks. Against Lville too. Just awful misses.

I like Nelly. I think he's solid.. Hinson had struggled before the 2nd half against FSU, but Nelly has been dribbling a hole in the ground and can't make a shot to save his life right now.

He's attempted 9 Free Throws in these last 6 games... he is ZERO threat to get to the cup. none at all. If he's not making jump shots, he's awful out there. He's been awful.

Reactions: jctrack
you're asking why another guard is the answer? we didn't lose to FSU because of what happened underneath the basket. Have you watched Nelly play this month?

This Month (6 games) 3-3 Record

8PPG
3AST
2.5REB

18 of 53 (34%) from the field
5 of 28 (18%) from 3

he's been a mess.. especially the last two. Lucky L'ville is awful because he was just as bad as them in that game. He was the reason we lost to FSU. 2 for 12? 1 of 8 from deep? all pretty clean looks too.. just bricks. Most of his misses were flat out bricks. Against Lville too. Just awful misses.

I like Nelly. I think he's solid.. Hinson had struggled before the 2nd half against FSU, but Nelly has been dribbling a hole in the ground and can't make a shot to save his life right now.

He's attempted 9 Free Throws in these last 6 games... he is ZERO threat to get to the cup. none at all. If he's not making jump shots, he's awful out there. He's been awful.
A 19 year old guard who’s never played a second of college basketball to cure what ails Pitt is about as far from a sure thing as anything possible.

They need more easy baskets, rebounding, rim protection.

Agreed on Nelly. He needs to get to rim more/dish.

Reactions: pittjas
A 19 year old guard who’s never played a second of college basketball to cure what ails Pitt is about as far from a sure thing as anything possible.

They need more easy baskets, rebounding, rim protection.

Agreed on Nelly. He needs to get to rim more/dish.

it's not a sure thing at all, but he's a guy who's on the roster who can actually play. If we could choose between Dior and John, I'd take John.

Dior is literally eligible to play but appears to be on a secret suspension. All Pitt has to do is eliminate the secret suspension. That's up to them, not the NCAA.
Don’t know why you keep speculating he’s on a secret suspension. If it’s really a suspension due to the incident, why keep it a secret? From a PR standpoint, seems it would be better for Pitt to announce it than keep it secret, send a message that they consider such things serious, it’s the best thing for Dior, yada yada.

Don’t know why you keep speculating he’s on a secret suspension. If it’s really a suspension due to the incident, why keep it a secret? From a PR standpoint, seems it would be better for Pitt to announce it than keep it secret, send a message that they consider such things serious, it’s the best thing for Dior, yada yada.
I thought it was known that it was basically a suspension? Redshirting a nomad who isn’t suspended would be insanely stupid

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT