ADVERTISEMENT

To all my WVU friends who frequent this forum...

Maryland president Wallace Loh has formed a commission to try to find areas where Maryland's athletics budget issues can be fixed. The department is $83 million in debt, according to a report.
I'm very aware with MD's situation and that the move hasn't solved their mismanagement of money.

But you can't get out of debt by taking out a loan. I'm simply poking fun since you apparently don't realize a loan is also... you know debt. 😆

You’re such a p***y. So he went hunting with a school sponsored musket. You act like hunting/fishing aren’t things done by successful people in this entire country.

Let me guess. You act as if it’s laughable to hunt because you’ve probably never touched a gun in your life. Gtfoh.

I said this guy was trouble. Ban his ass.

But before that happens, I want him to know that it's OVER for WVU football (and basketball). They are NOT getting into one of the big conferences remaining. The music has stopped and the WVU mascot is standing there with the musket stuck up his ass.

I'm very aware with MD's situation and that the move hasn't solved their mismanagement of money.

But you can't get out of debt by taking out a loan. I'm simply poking fun since you apparently don't realize a loan is also... you know debt. 😆
They were in debt and big 10 gave them a loan. I gave you two links stating this exact info.

You and I cant take a loan, a university has more collateral. I literally gave you links and quotes from the article explaining exactly this.

They were in debt and big 10 gave them a loan. I gave you two links stating this exact info.

You and I cant take a loan, a university has more collateral. I literally gave you links and quotes from the article explaining exactly this.
Do you not realize a loan is still debt that needs paid back? Or are you messing with me... I haven't had this level of engagement since NC didn't understand how compound interest worked.

I said this guy was trouble. Ban his ass.

But before that happens, I want him to know that it's OVER for WVU football (and basketball). They are NOT getting into one of the big conferences remaining. The music has stopped and the WVU mascot is standing there with the musket stuck up his ass.
When did you say I was trouble? I don’t believe you. You’re emotional. I’m not calling out Pitt fans (many of whom hunt). I’m calling out the poster of the video. John was one of the best Mountaineers we ever had and gave significant time at Children’s/Ruby.

Last edited:
Do you not realize a loan is still debt that needs paid back? Or are you messing with me... I haven't had this level of engagement since NC didn't understand how compound interest worked.
Yes they are paying it back. I posted a link on this. Big 10 gave a loan and is taking it back from the yearly revenue payed out to both Rutgers and Maryland.

It is clearly stated in these articles. It couldn’t be more clear.

The potential solution was to get creative, according to two people with direct knowledge of the deal. By front-loading the deal — moving some money from years well into the future to the Terrapins’ first six years in the conference — Maryland was able to secure the cash it will need to address some of its immediate financial problems.

You’re such a p***y. So he went hunting with a school sponsored musket. You act like hunting/fishing aren’t things done by successful people in this entire country.

Let me guess. You act as if it’s laughable to hunt because you’ve probably never touched a gun in your life. Gtfoh.
Me n Danl Boone kilt a bar with r handz.

Yes they are paying it back. I posted a link on this. Big 10 gave a loan and is taking it back from the yearly revenue payed out to both Rutgers and Maryland.

It is clearly stated in these articles. It couldn’t be more clear.
So you now realize that you meant Maryland replaced their debt with debt held by the B1G. Glad I could help.

And yet, we are going into debt to the tune of $200 million+ for OLYMPIC sports. Maryland is example #1 of why we shouldn't be doing this. Heck, Rutgers's AD got them into the B10 with his facility/stadium improvements and they still fired his ass because it cost too much. But, we Pitt fans are celebrating these expensive AF Olympic sports facilities gleefully. I mean no one here will ever set foot in them but we are so happy that such a massive investment is being made into Olympic sports

You mean since you didn't understand that you were being punked?

carlton-banks-fresh-prince-bel-air-trollface-troll-face.gif
Maybe West Virginia can apply to join the Pac 12. Don't they know what a football power the Mountaineers are? LOL

The mountainqueers are a legend in their own mind. Fortunately, no one else sees it that way.
I suspect they are calling the the aac for membership as Texas and Ok flipped the b12 off.

It is kind of laughable to be fair. Never understood the point of playing with guns in the woods in 30 degree weather. If you truly needed to kill animals to feed your family, fine but as Chris Rock said, nobody "needs" to hunt. They drive past 5 Wendy's just to get to their hunting spot. Its a pretty stupid "sport."
Most of your posts are stupid posts but that doesn’t stop you

Backtrack as usual. Just what I expected. Advice free of charge. When you are in a hole, quit digging.
My bad, do you still not realize a loan is debt? You are not out of debt when you take a loan out. I honestly couldn't tell if you joking or not because your statement is idiotic.

I have to imagine everyone reading this is shaking their head at you at this point but go on.

Big 10 is not standing pat if Texas and Oklahoma joins the SEC. They'll add a couple (Colorado and Virginia) makes the most sense. ACC will add a couple of schools and I wouldn't be shocked if the schools are WVU and Cincy. So before you start mocking WVU fans there's a good chance we'll be conference mates very soon.

Do unto others as they would do unto you….You think those sheep molesters would be good sports and wish Pitt luck???? Ha! They’re praying that the ACC will ride into town and save their possum grease….

Do unto others as they would do unto you….You think those sheep molesters would be good sports and wish Pitt luck???? Ha! They’re praying that the ACC will ride into town and save their possum grease….

I swear us Pitt fans make the weirdest fan base in all of college sports. We are the only school I know that the fans DON"T want to play their biggest rivals. Every other school gets pissed if they don't, many to the point where they literally had the state governments step in to force it. Yet our stupid asses who never come close to selling out unless it is our rivals (or the defacto Big East Championship game), don't want to play them.

I for one hope and would love to see WVU in the ACC so we can play them every year again. It would be nice to get at least 1 rival back on the schedule yearly. Those are fun games to look forward to.

I swear us Pitt fans make the weirdest fan base in all of college sports. We are the only school I know that the fans DON"T want to play their biggest rivals. Every other school gets pissed if they don't, many to the point where they literally had the state governments step in to force it. Yet our stupid asses who never come close to selling out unless it is our rivals (or the defacto Big East Championship game), don't want to play them.

I for one hope and would love to see WVU in the ACC so we can play them every year again. It would be nice to get at least 1 rival back on the schedule yearly. Those are fun games to look forward to.
Oh, I want to play them. Once they get knocked down a couple pegs, they can be our warm up game before our ACC schedule… Ha!

Look Mikey, I am merely reflecting the same attitude they would have if the roles were reversed… If the ACC invites them, they will tell Pitt fans that the ACC really wanted them all along and was invited before Pitt. They just decided they wanted to play in the Big 12…. LOL… Lighten up

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Which is approximately the same population as the Pittsburgh metropolitan area, so how would that break down to just 35K die hard fans for Pitt?
Local competition. wvu is really the only serious sports entity in that state. We have Steelers, Pens, Bucs & RMU hockey, and a few others like Mossie Murphy's kin, landscaper-degreed nitwits grooming Oakmont & Mark Madden.

This is from the number 1 voice of college football. And thankfully, not an ESPN talking head line Paul Thornbaum.
That's an interesting column. And while Swofford of the ACC was really the poaching pioneer in all of this, he also hamstrung the ACC. Trust me, I will be honest as a Pitt fan, coming from the Big East it was weird to see just how backwards the ACC was (still is) and now hopefully a new commissioner will change this.

And yet, we are going into debt to the tune of $200 million+ for OLYMPIC sports. Maryland is example #1 of why we shouldn't be doing this. Heck, Rutgers's AD got them into the B10 with his facility/stadium improvements and they still fired his ass because it cost too much. But, we Pitt fans are celebrating these expensive AF Olympic sports facilities gleefully. I mean no one here will ever set foot in them but we are so happy that such a massive investment is being made into Olympic sports
LOL....I have one buddy who has renamed "Victory Heights" with "Resume Heights".

Being realistic, if the ACC took Louisville, it will also take WVU if another round of expansion actually happens. What other options are there east of the Mississippi? Unless I'm missing one, I think WVU is the only P5 team that would be up for grabs. Probably also want Cincy. The other options are uninspiring - Tulane, UCF, Temple? No way we go after UConn or ECU.

Being realistic, if the ACC took Louisville, it will also take WVU if another round of expansion actually happens. What other options are there east of the Mississippi? Unless I'm missing one, I think WVU is the only P5 team that would be up for grabs. Probably also want Cincy. The other options are uninspiring - Tulane, UCF, Temple? No way we go after UConn or ECU.
Cincy ain’t all that inspiring either.

Big 10 is not standing pat if Texas and Oklahoma joins the SEC. They'll add a couple (Colorado and Virginia) makes the most sense. ACC will add a couple of schools and I wouldn't be shocked if the schools are WVU and Cincy. So before you start mocking WVU fans there's a good chance we'll be conference mates very soon.
adding colorado and UVA? Wow, i cant think of a better combination of schools that would be a completely "non factor" in adding to a conference.. i mean, not terrible, not good, just meh..

I don’t think the ACC acts unless it gets poached too. WVU doesn’t add enough, alone, to make it worthwhile.

I think the conference reshuffling chatter is fun but ask yourself, why are UT and OU looking to move? The answer is probably very simple. The TV contract wasn't going to get better unless the conference added schools that could make it worth more. TV may have even been talking about less money. TV money is the answer to any conference shuffling. The TV people more or less told the Big12, don't expand for the sake of expansion. Probably also told them they weren't getting more. UT and OU are valuable. ESPN can make way more with them in the SEC.

So ask yourself, who does the B1G poach that makes the conference TV deal worth more? If you think the B1G is coming for FSU and UNC, do those schools make the TV package worth more? If so, why? I'm not saying I know the answer. The ACC is a value so shuffling some better schools over to that package would actually be more easily done. I don't know. Just thinking out loud.

I think the conference reshuffling chatter is fun but ask yourself, why are UT and OU looking to move? The answer is probably very simple. The TV contract wasn't going to get better unless the conference added schools that could make it worth more. TV may have even been talking about less money. TV money is the answer to any conference shuffling. The TV people more or less told the Big12, don't expand for the sake of expansion. Probably also told them they weren't getting more. UT and OU are valuable. ESPN can make way more with them in the SEC.

So ask yourself, who does the B1G poach that makes the conference TV deal worth more? If you think the B1G is coming for FSU and UNC, do those schools make the TV package worth more? If so, why? I'm not saying I know the answer. The ACC is a value so shuffling some better schools over to that package would actually be more easily done. I don't know. Just thinking out loud.

Can we all agree that Football is the only sport that matters. As much as i hate agreeing with SMF he is right, no other sport matters. Hell even men's Basketball doesn't mean nothing, that money is what it is, and won't move the needle as the tournament money is the tournament money. Football is the one and only driving force.

Can we all agree that Football is the only sport that matters. As much as i hate agreeing with SMF he is right, no other sport matters. Hell even men's Basketball doesn't mean nothing, that money is what it is, and won't move the needle as the tournament money is the tournament money. Football is the one and only driving force.
Football absolutely is the most important. Basketball in January through March Madness is important, but a distant second.

My post has zero argument for any other sport. Conference TV money is driven mostly by football. Basketball to a lesser degree. But make no mistake, conference TV money is why OU and UT are playing this game.

Football absolutely is the most important. Basketball in January through March Madness is important, but a distant second.

Its important to each school because it does not move the needle one frecking bit. The basketball money does not change, the needle is not moved not even 1 dollar. If it was then Kansas, UConn and Duke would be sought after and no one is putting feelers out for them. Basketball is not even a consideration for this. With that said, why is Pitt spending $300 million on Victory Heights? And I say that as a person who loves wrestling.

My post has zero argument for any other sport. Conference TV money is driven mostly by football. Basketball to a lesser degree. But make no mistake, conference TV money is why OU and UT are playing this game.

I agree with you, so it is time to spend more on the one and only sport that matters.

Reactions: pittdan77
Cincy ain’t all that inspiring either.
Nope which is why the acc might not make a move unless they are forced to, unless of course ND is willing to join. I expect the b10 will make a call to VA and nc. I don't know what those schools will do if the stay it's unlikely the acc makes any moves in the next few years. In 10 to 15 your looking at a one league college football with 32 to 40 teams willing to pay

ADVERTISEMENT