ADVERTISEMENT

Tony Dorsett

Tony Dorsett was a threat to go the distance, every time his hands touched the ball. Pitt has had some fine football players, but he was the best.

Reactions: jtbuba
Not taking anything away from his tremendous ability, but at the time, someone affiliated with the program told me they took at least 30 of his jerseys to each game. They allowed the tear away jerseys at the time, and they were more susceptible to tearing than a ladies nylons. I think that might have garnered him more than a few yards in his career, but with his ability, it wasn't that much, and opponents couldn't complain, they had an equal playing field.

Remember I joked about those jerseys, if it was a gay football league, they'd have tear away pants.

Unequivocally the greatest player in Pitt history. Did more to benefit Pitt athletics than any player ever... and maybe more than any player did for ANY program, ever.

TD's presence at Pitt was what created the modern era of Pitt football and all the tremendous players we've seen in the 45 years since...

Was fascinating to watch teams try to comprehend TD’s speed. Early in the games he would outrun them to the outside because even though they thought they were staying wide, they weren’t staying wide enough. As they played wider it set up TD perfectly for those lightning quick cutbacks he did.

Awesome to watch that TD gallop.

Go Pitt.

Reactions: TFBaum
Was fascinating to watch teams try to comprehend TD’s speed. Early in the games he would outrun them to the outside because even though they thought they were staying wide, they weren’t staying wide enough. As they played wider it set up TD perfectly for those lightning quick cutbacks he did.

Awesome to watch that TD gallop.

Go Pitt.
He had a second speed that I never have seen again. His cutting abilities were are still are unreal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT