ADVERTISEMENT

Top 20 - Pitt Players of 21st Century

Once you get beyond the top 10 he seems to start grasping a bit, and I'll never understand why people insist on ranking college players based on how they did in the pros.

I would put ray graham and ejuan price on there somewhere, and maybe another WR or two (Baldwin and Greg Lee)?

Palko has no business being on here if pro results are included, but probably should be on here towards the bottom of the top 20 based on college performance only (which is how I'd build the list).

The fact that only 1 QB is solidly on this list isn't good IMO.

Mick Williams and his BE PoY award should be on that list.

Jones and Weaver were an awesome duo, but Juan Price had 29.5 sacks between his junior and senior seasons. (Those were after AD graduated too.) Too bad he couldn’t stay healthy.

Reactions: AllegeneeGenacGenac
Yes I don't understand the criteria. If its just college Kenny and James Connor would be above Revis because of the conference of the year and other awards they won. Revis was great in college but just not as decorated as many other players as he was in the pros. Now if it was based on pro career than of course easily Top 3 with Fitz and Donald.

Yes I don't understand the criteria. If its just college Kenny and James Connor would be above Revis because of the conference of the year and other awards they won. Revis was great in college but just not as decorated as many other players as he was in the pros. Now if it was based on pro career than of course easily Top 3 with Fitz and Donald.
Really,the greatest cornerback in Pitt history behind two players that had basically one great year .

his NFL draft position made by those who evaluate greatness was his "decoration"...

Revis was awesome in college! I remember those years well. I was and still am a huge fan I wasn’t trying to minimize what he did at Pitt at all. Just saying in college he wasn’t as decorated as some of the others. He was never a 1st or 2nd team All American, conference player of the year, or even a finalist (he was a semi finalist) for a major award.

To be fair I think some of that was because Pitt wasn’t a great team when he was there. I remember some even questioned why Jets traded up for him. But we all knew why. He was destined to be a great all time NFL player.

And he certainly is Top 5 Panther in the NFL no doubt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT