ADVERTISEMENT

TOP 25 PITT

Pittbull68

Prep
Oct 21, 2021
Does anyone know if Pitt made the Top 25 in any of the polls this week. Also is there a chance if they go 9-4 will they make the final top 25.

Does anyone know if Pitt made the Top 25 in any of the polls this week. Also is there a chance if they go 9-4 will they make the final top 25.
35 in AP...I think they will have to blast whatever cadaver the ACC bowl contract aligns them with by 30 plus points to have a chance to make up that kind of hay.

Last edited:
They did not but got votes in both polls....more votes in the Coach's poll.

I thought for sure we’d be top 25 with a bowl victory but I’m not so sure anymore.

There’s too many lazy voters still voting for Troy, UCF, Coastal, Minnesota

I thought for sure we’d be top 25 with a bowl victory but I’m not so sure anymore.

There’s too many lazy voters still voting for Troy, UCF, Coastal, Minnesota

Honestly, UCF is probably better than us. They beat a good Tulane team, a decent Cincy team, pounded Georgia Tech, etc.

We really haven't beaten anyone all season. Duke is our best win, but look who they beat to get their 8 wins (basically nobody).

I really don't think we deserve to be ranked. The best thing we have going for us is the chronology of our schedule (i.e. four wins in a row). I bet we've had at least one or two more solid wins every other season under Narduzzi.

Reactions: Millerton24
I mean there is still the CFP poll who ranked Lville top 25 last week. I doubt Pitt gets in but who knows.

I mean there is still the CFP poll who ranked Lville top 25 last week. I doubt Pitt gets in but who knows.

Yeah, Louisville being ranked was nuts. That said, they have three better wins than we do (NC State, UCF, and Pitt). I still don't think they're any good, though.

We’d likely ‘deserve’ ranked vs some of the gibrones that in all likelihood will eventually be ranked. Maybe if Izzy plays (a big if) and went off for something like 350 yards in a huge win over a ‘name’ team in the Sun Bowl…maybe. Otherwise, our usual businesslike hardhat and lunchpail 28-19 type of win (likely over an AAC team if the Military bowl) won’t garner any votes. Again, whether that’s just or not. It is simply how things are.

I think Pitt is playing like a top 25 team now. If you are voting for the entire body of work, which includes no top 30 wins and some bad losses with a roughly 60th in the country strength of schedule, I can see keeping them out. I've seen different AP voters on Twitter give different answers to "are you voting for how strong the team is now or how they've done all year?" question.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
I think Pitt is playing like a top 25 team now. If you are voting for the entire body of work, which includes no top 30 wins and some bad losses with a roughly 60th in the country strength of schedule, I can see keeping them out. I've seen different AP voters on Twitter give different answers to "are you voting for how strong the team is now or how they've done all year?" question.

In my opinion, you have to take the entire body of work into account. If a person only wants recency bias, that's what power rankings are for.

Sure,

Because it was Cignetti that fumbled or was intercepted 6 times in the 4rth quarter of the ACC losses this year.

You want to point the finger at why we are not ranked perhaps the players folding at crunch time should be considered??
Las...If you can't see it by now, then you never will.

Yeah, but... Hallet's dropped INTs were Cignetti's fault. So was the one dropped by Tyler Wiltz.

Yeah, butt... Cignetti's piss poor gameplan against a bad team was his fault.

But let's blame the defense for his crappy gameplan.

If Pitt would have worked twice as hard against Georgia Tech we'd be ranked right now.
It’s all sanctimonious crap. Did we have a great season deserving of a top 10 finish? No, of course not, but to say the team didn’t work hard vs a gt team which surprised a lot of people in a game we massively outgained them and turned the ball over 3 times in the red zone and dropped a pick 6 and with a qb that just missed a game with a concussion and clearly didn’t look ready. And our conference leading running back injured is the epitome of asinine.

Any team with the same record from 15-35 could easily beat each other with sone exceptions (like utsa, who’ve I’ve been saying for 6 years is a team to watch moving forward) I don’t care where we are rented because it’s clear when we’re healthy we’re a good team

Yeah, butt... Cignetti's piss poor gameplan against a bad team was his fault.

But let's blame the defense for his crappy gameplan.
Right, we covered this already. They stupidly followed what some of our fans wanted and came out throwing the ball.

Reactions: TD_6082
How does losing to GT hurt. They beat 13th ranked North Carolina at their place. Pitt because of poor run defense, maybe four dropped interceptions and two turnovers. You blame the OC for that

It’s all sanctimonious crap. Did we have a great season deserving of a top 10 finish? No, of course not, but to say the team didn’t work hard vs a gt team which surprised a lot of people in a game we massively outgained them and turned the ball over 3 times in the red zone and dropped a pick 6 and with a qb that just missed a game with a concussion and clearly didn’t look ready. And our conference leading running back injured is the epitome of asinine.

Any team with the same record from 15-35 could easily beat each other with sone exceptions (like utsa, who’ve I’ve been saying for 6 years is a team to watch moving forward) I don’t care where we are rented because it’s clear when we’re healthy we’re a good team
The ranked teams win with players out. Every team has injuries. It's not like we were playing without a heismann candidate.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ

You know, that's a good point that I hadn't considered. Pitt is the only football team ever that has had guys get injured and had to play some backups in their place.

Like you, me, or 95% of the other folks on this board have any idea what his plan of attack was.

When I see them line up 3 and 4 wide, and move the ball and score... and then suddenly they are bunched up with the TEs and WRs close to the line, and not moving the ball, and they keep trying it when it isn't working, then I have to question the strategy. Look at the Miami game, they just kept going to the well and didn't alter what was clearly working. Don't mess with success.

When I see them line up 3 and 4 wide, and move the ball and score... and then suddenly they are bunched up with the TEs and WRs close to the line, and not moving the ball, and they keep trying it when it isn't working, then I have to question the strategy. Look at the Miami game, they just kept going to the well and didn't alter what was clearly working. Don't mess with success.
Have you charted the plays and success? I've been through this with you and Fredo. They've hit plenty of big plays out of bunch formations, done poorly as well. Same can be said for 3 and 4 wide spread, some good and some bad.

It's selective memory with a predisposition against the OC. You only remember what you want to remember.

Reactions: TD_6082
Have you charted the plays and success? I've been through this with you and Fredo. They've hit plenty of big plays out of bunch formations, done poorly as well. Same can be said for 3 and 4 wide spread, some good and some bad.

It's selective memory with a predisposition against the OC. You only remember what you want to remember.

I'm not going to chart it, but just go back and watch the scoring plays against Miami.

I'm not going to chart it, but just go back and watch the scoring plays against Miami.
This is simply from the highlights. You have a selective memory and can't even recall what you watched correctly. It's a multiple offense. Every game has been a multiple offense. It doesn't get more multiple than this.

Like this heavy package?

Or this pro set under center play action?

Here's an under center 3 WR, one TE and one back.

Another under center, 2 TEs and one back

Here's 4 WRs and one back in shotgun

Another 4 WR one back shotgun

Pro set under center, 2 TEs and one back

The only big condensed packaged I see is the first one, when they were on the one yard line. I don't want to see that when it's 1st and 10 from their own 30. Nor when it's 2nd 15 from their own 25 after a penalty due to player confusion.

The only big condensed packaged I see is the first one, when they were on the one yard line. I don't want to see that when it's 1st and 10 from their own 30. Nor when it's 2nd 15 from their own 25 after a penalty due to player confusion.
You can't even settle in on what you don't like. Under center, pro set, bunch, big/heavy, what is it? All are present and successful above. The Virginia Tech game was a display in big personnel and bunch sets. Literally every big play came from it. Many more in other games.

You just continue to move the goalpost. Carry on with your nonsense.

ADVERTISEMENT