ADVERTISEMENT

Top 5 Bands that get mentioned in Top 5 Band threads

Dec 20, 2018
Rush
The Beatles
The Stones
Zeppelin
AC/DC

Edit: Added Velvet Underground as #6, not really for anything they did, just because no one actually ends up keeping it to only 5 bands in these Top 5 threads.

Reactions: TheFormula
Marillion? Really? And I think Deep Purple has definitely been mentioned.

Really.

Someone did mention Deep Purple. And Jethro Tull. A band no one mentioned, even in the Top Five American Band thread? Steely Dan. Substitute Steely Dan for Deep Purple and The Alan Parsons Project for Jethro Tull.

Rush
The Beatles
The Stones
Zeppelin
AC/DC

Edit: Added Velvet Underground as #6, not really for anything they did, just because no one actually ends up keeping it to only 5 bands in these Top 5 threads.
Seriously. You started this thread then led the list with Rush? Nothing against Rush but we're talking top 5 For everybody, not just your top 5. This list has to start with...
Beatles
Stones
Then 3 of..
CCR
Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
Skynyrd
3 Dog Night
Eagles
Fleetwood Mack
U2
REM
Pearl Jam
Nirvana

Last edited:
Seriously. You started this thread then led the list with Rush? Nothing against Rush but we're talking top 5 For everybody, not just your top 5. This list has to start with...
Beatles
Stones
Then 3 of..
CCR
Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
Skynyrd
3 Dog Night
Eagles
Fleetwood Mack
U2
REM
Pearl Jam
Nirvana

To be clear, Rush is in my Top 5 of Top 5 Band lists. I hate Rush, but they always come up. Also, every one of the band that you mentioned is in my Top 5 of Top 5s. Along with Springsteen, the Who, Bob Marley, Radiohead, the Doors...

Here's 5 that made good music,Humble Pie,Animals,Hollies,Foreigner and Grand Funk,none are top 5 but I liked their music

I would include Small Faces as well with Humble Pie. Steve Marriott was Keith Richard's first choice to replace Mick Taylor in the Stones. Didn't work out as I guess they were afraid of him upstaging Jagger which would have been a legitimate concern. Marriott is one of the top five frontmen in all of rock history, IMO. Shame he lost the battle with his demons.

Last edited:
Beatles
Stones
Then 3 of..
CCR
Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
Skynyrd
3 Dog Night
Eagles
Fleetwood Mack
U2
REM
Pearl Jam
Nirvana
That’s because Rush fans will always inject Rush into the discussion. They’re like a cult. And you forgot Van Halen and Aerosmith on your list. You can’t have a list without perhaps two of the most successful American bands of all time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT