ADVERTISEMENT

Top recruit Jessell vs Plum today @ 4:30

drunkinoakland

Head Coach
Gold Member
Mar 12, 2007
Jake pitches against Plum and their 1st round MBL ace today in WPIAL playoffs.

If anyone has any updates post em.

plum won 4-0

Saw that. Thanks.

Anyone know anything on Jake's draft stock?

I think before the injuries (when he was much younger) he was a top 4 round pick, but since his injuries I'm assuming he has fallen to the point he will come to Pitt no matter?

Saw that. Thanks.

Anyone know anything on Jake's draft stock?

I think before the injuries (when he was much younger) he was a top 4 round pick, but since his injuries I'm assuming he has fallen to the point he will come to Pitt no matter?

Baseball America recently expanded their draft prospect database to their "Top 500" and Jessell is nowhere to be found.

Of interest for Pitt, TJ Zeuch is #20 and Charles LeBlanc is #452.

With the way the draft is now, you never actually know where a guy will go (used to be they could predict most of the first 10-15 picks pretty accurately) but I think it's relatively safe that Jessell will matriculate. He doesn't seem to be a Wesley Rodriguez type who is very highly regarded (#77 overall in last year's BA500) despite the injury concerns. I think a team taking him in the Round 11-50 range and blowing him away with their slot savings from college seniors is a longshot.

Unless his medicals are a mess or he has insane bonus demands, I think Zeuch should be a Day 1 pick -- possibly even a Round 1 or Round 1 Compensation selection. That's pretty cool.

Zeuch to the Pirates.

Would not surprise me, they've been linked to him. Burdi seems to be picking up steam as a guy who can help the bullpen this year, be a high leverage reliever at minimum, and has a chance to actually be a starter in the future.

Pirates have tended to be opportunistic when guys unexpectedly slide (Appel, Newman, Meadows) so in that respect I'm a little bit hesitant to assume they'll go college pitcher. Those guys tend to rise, not fall, on draft day due to the flight to safety mentality of many teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT